Delayed outside hire. what can i do

brownpay07

i am from a small town and we are a small center. We have like 10 routes. The center is trying to hire to people full time. One from the inside and one from the outside. This would be normal if it was the 7th hire but its not. They have not only passed it up once but twice. Our next hire is the ninth hire not seventh. They are also trying to hire the outside before the inside. This would put someone off the street(because our part time management isn't interested)ahead of me and someone ahead of me.He has been there 8 years and ive been there 5. I have filed a grievance and just wanted to know if anyone know what my chances are of winning

UPSGUY72

brownpay07:943031 said:
i am from a small town and we are a small center. We have like 10 routes. The center is trying to hire to people full time. One from the inside and one from the outside. This would be normal if it was the 7th hire but its not. They have not only passed it up once but twice. Our next hire is the ninth hire not seventh. They are also trying to hire the outside before the inside. This would put someone off the street(because our part time management isn't interested)ahead of me and someone ahead of me.He has been there 8 years and ive been there 5. I have filed a grievance and just wanted to know if anyone know what my chances are of winning

I take it a couple of those 8 didn't make it.

They need to hire someone off the street.

What do you want to grieve that they are going to hire someone off the street or that they forgot to???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It sounds as though he may be an inside hire who would be passed over by an outside hire.

This is why it is so important for both sides to follow the contract and not make side deals.

I personally think all employees should have to start on the inside and that there should be no outside hires period.

UPSGUY72

UpstateNYUPSer:943245 said:
It sounds as though he may be an inside hire who would be passed over by an outside hire.

This is why it is so important for both sides to follow the contract and not make side deals.

I personally think all employees should have to start on the inside and that there should be no outside hires period.

+1

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jeez, I wondered where that came from!

The next time you and wifey go to your favorite watering hole (99) try the Chicken Rigate. My on-car told me about a couple of weeks ago and I tried it last week. It was very good. I was also able to talk the waitress in to giving me my 2 for 1 beers one beer at a time.

over9five

Staff member
The next time you and wifey go to your favorite watering hole (99) try the Chicken Rigate. My on-car told me about a couple of weeks ago and I tried it last week. It was very good. I was also able to talk the waitress in to giving me my 2 for 1 beers one beer at a time.
I've had that and it is very good.

Now tell me about this 2 for 1 beer thing.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

99 has a 2 for 1 special on draft beers. They usually serve both at the same time, which means the 2nd gets warm before the 1st one is done. It was a slow night and I talked her in to serving one beer at a time and took care of her with the tip. If I had read the "tip" thread before I would have tipped her in cash.

UPSGUY72

99 has a 2 for 1 special on draft beers. They usually serve both at the same time, which means the 2nd gets warm before the 1st one is done. It was a slow night and I talked her in to serving one beer at a time and took care of her with the tip. If I had read the "tip" thread before I would have tipped her in cash.[/QUOTE]

In mass you can't have 2 drinks served to you at the same time.

There is also no happy hour.