Delaying Healthcare?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just wondering. How many of you are not getting treated medically or dentally due to our new crappier plans?

whenIgetthere

I was expecting it to be bad, and when I saw the statement for what insurance didn't cover for my wifes doctors appt. last week, it was just as bad as I expected. We pay for premiums, and they don't a pay freaking thing! I'm pretty much working for gas money to get to work and health coverage which is useless.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

We are hoping beyond hope that no one at my house gets sick, and a few of us are illness prone....could definitely put us in either bankruptcy or living in a box under the freeway overpass.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are hoping beyond hope that no one at my house gets sick, and a few of us are illness prone....could definitely put us in either bankruptcy or living in a box under the freeway overpass.

Why should you have to hope and pray that nobody gets sick? That's why you have medical coverage in the first place, right? This is why Fred S is such a bastard, and why our health "benefits" are increasingly worthless. We pay high premiums to get "coverage" we cannot afford to use because we know we're going to get slammed with the new higher deductibles.

It's pretty sad when you have to get sick and stay sick because you cannot afford care, even though you are technically insured. Again, what good are benefits you can't use?

SmithBarney

FedEx is doing exactly what it planned, make benefits so expensive, and reduce coverage. that by 2014 you effectively are forced to take the Govt(affordable health care act ie obamacare) and if you elect the govt plan, they don't have to pay the penalty.

20% of my pay goes to taxes, 20% goes to insurance... all said and done I'm working for $9/hr yipee

serco

This means all the trash talk directed to ground drivers can finally stop now, great benifits and pay at express have now matched grounds! Soon this same thing maybe happening at Ups.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This means all the trash talk directed to ground drivers can finally stop now, great benifits and pay at express have now matched grounds! Soon this same thing maybe happening at Ups.

Hard to sink as low as Ground, but we're trying hard. I want to know where you bought that W700.From FedEx, or a dealer?

serco

Dealers have been getting express trucks from the auctions and putting them for sale on their lots! I seen them popping up all over the country. I first noticed them around March! Sprinters and 700 is what I've seen!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dealers have been getting express trucks from the auctions and putting them for sale on their lots! I seen them popping up all over the country. I first noticed them around March! Sprinters and 700 is what I've seen!

Major change in policy, but I don't know exactly when it happened. Old policy was to destroy everything, as in send it to the crusher to avoid potential liablity. The Sprinters make good artificial reefs, but the 700's were good vehicles.

Grounded

I don't know what kind of insurance you guys have going on but I think I pay maybe $25 a month for healthcare, and I think the premium is like $75. I used my insurance the first week of Jan and everything was fine, no delays.

Rhoderunner

Major change in policy, but I don't know exactly when it happened. Old policy was to destroy everything, as in send it to the crusher to avoid potential liablity.

I know in our place they were crushed if they failed certain safety points. A lot of our 700s succumb to frame rot and were send to the boneyard. The ones that just grew old and costly to repair I have seen reborn on the local roads. One guy went as far as to paint FedUp on the hood of one. :happy-very: At one point we had a crap load of those mini Grummans with the GMC drivetrain, 9' boxes I believe. ALL were recalled in a matter of years and destroyed. Brilliant !!!!

overflowed

I know in our place they were crushed if they failed certain safety points. A lot of our 700s succumb to frame rot and were send to the boneyard. The ones that just grew old and costly to repair I have seen reborn on the local roads. One guy went as far as to paint FedUp on the hood of one. :happy-very: At one point we had a crap load of those mini Grummans with the GMC drivetrain, 9' boxes I believe. ALL were recalled in a matter of years and destroyed. Brilliant !!!!

I saw an express sprinter at a junk yard within the month. I also thought it was policy to crush them.

broorb10

FedEx is doing exactly what it planned, make benefits so expensive, and reduce coverage. that by 2014 you effectively are forced to take the Govt(affordable health care act ie obamacare) and if you elect the govt plan, they don't have to pay the penalty.

20% of my pay goes to taxes, 20% goes to insurance... all said and done I'm working for $9/hr yipee

Government plan? What government plan?
The "public option" wasn't in the bill.

So they are doing what many insurance companies are doing.

Not "many"... "All".