Delivered a ground stop as air driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUCN85

Yes I do know the codes. The diad is always at 06 and I leave it. It is changed later. And I did not know I was delivering a ground stop until after punching in. As for changing the code after punching in. I am not aware of how to do this. But I will report to the sup tomrow for my 2 days.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yes I do know the codes. The diad is always at 06 and I leave it. It is changed later. And I did not know I was delivering a ground stop until after punching in. As for changing the code after punching in. I am not aware of how to do this. But I will report to the sup tomrow for my 2 days.

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"
Exactly what I said. Your good. You did nothing wrong to bring this upon yourself. You were shortened and need to stand up for yourself. Good for you knowing your rights.

OptimusPrime

As a FT driver going through progression, air drivers can go on unemployment for all I care. You don't deserve full rate. 11 year hub employee, coming up to two years of driving. You don't deserve $30 something an hour. I'm sorry, you dont.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
As a FT driver going through progression, air drivers can go on unemployment for all I care. You don't deserve full rate. 11 year hub employee, coming up to two years of driving. You don't deserve $30 something an hour. I'm sorry, you dont.
If that was the case, you would very quickly have several centers of "air drivers", with perhaps few token package car drivers kept around just for fun (harassment?).

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
File, File, File!

And don't listen to any of these clowns that may tell you that they won't ask you again.

When faced with the proposition of (in this particular case) 6 missed pieces versus paying ground driver rate to an air driver for "x" hours, any (indoctrinated) center manager worth their salt is going to pay you to get rid of those packages. That extra $60 (or whatever the difference in pay for you is) is worth it to them to not be on their DM's report.

Remember, it's the UPS way to step over dollars to pick up dimes.

I didn't advise OP not to file, I advised him what to expect if he did. I wouldn't resort to calling you names however, if I didn't agree with your analysis. Have a nice evening ;)

Sent using a Potato

Last edited by a moderator:

Marne Vet

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Oh, you'll get paid after you file. That'll take a little time, but not as long as it'll take for the bad taste it'll leave in your management teams mouth to go away. It's a decision you have to make. What's worth more? Being used to work longer at your Air driver rate, or them making sure you don't get ANY extra hours? Me personally, I'd file. My dispatcher hates my guts where I work because I dropped so many grievances on their desk this year that he won't even consider letting me bump a rookie for a day off if I want one spur-of-the-moment. No problem though because I can always schedule a day, or just call out. I wouldn't allow management to take advantage of me even if it's just one ground stop. Once they know you'll do that for them they'll only add more and more ground stops over time. My advice? Drop the paper on their desk and like Paulie in Goodfella's used to say, ":censored2: PAY ME!"

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
PT air driver = code 05, paid at said air driver's current rate (progression or top art. 40 rate). Management must submit to payroll instructions to pay @ top package driver rate or an 'adjustment' of X.xx hrs @ difference between package and air driver rates.
This.
Happens to me all the time. I leave a note for the lady that does our time cards, then I follow up with her to make sure she codes it correctly. I've never had a problem getting the right rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.