Delivering air with sup for "space and visibility" ride along. What to expect?

freelabor

Went out alone and did my first and only Saturday this weekend. When I got back I was told that I'll be driving this week to do some air with a sup for "space and visibility". What should I expect? Thanks!!

oldngray

nowhere special
Space and vis you will be quizzed on all the DOK questions and the sup will watch you drive and nitpick. Even if you do everything perfect he has to find something to complain about it. They used to just meet you on route and ride around with you a couple of hours to do it but now its all day. Its no big deal. Just one of those things sups have to do that keep them from doing more important things like fixing problems in the center. The worst part will be the sup will drive for a while to show you how its done, and most sups scared the crap out of me when they tried to drive.

freelabor

Cool nothing to worry about then. Dok still hammered in my brain from finishing driver school a couple weeks back. Thanks guys!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
They have to find several safe driving errors and safe work methods as well. The better you are, the more diligently he will nitpick. It's all about the almighty quota. Also a thorough pre trip and post trip, don't forget the DVIR. Good luck!

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Went out alone and did my first and only Saturday this weekend. When I got back I was told that I'll be driving this week to do some air with a sup for "space and visibility". What should I expect? Thanks!!
A really easy couple hours. Some in towns and depending on your centers area a couple away from town to see how you handle the package car in different situations. Yes they have to find things wrong with how you are doing your job. Part of the sups job. Don't take it personnel.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have had sups that "mailed it in" and others that were real "gung ho" on safety rides. One actually was in the truck for two stops then back in his car! That was fun! Somehow, all his paperwork was filled out too.

upschuck

I have had sups that "mailed it in" and others that were real "gung ho" on safety rides. One actually was in the truck for two stops then back in his car! That was fun! Somehow, all his paperwork was filled out too.
We had that happen, and when they got off the PC went home. They are no longer with the company.