Delivering in the snow

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Does anyone here uses those "Yak Traks"? Last Winter I slipped and fell hard at a resi delivery and the guy says "buy one of those metal spikes you can slip over your work shoe!" Since I've used it I can run up someones icy driveway and back down, no problem. This works even better when the ice is packed down.

Big Babooba

They are OK, but don't last too long. Also they are very slippery on tile floors and inside the package car. I bought a pair two years ago and they lasted 3 days. I took them off and 6 stops later I broke my ankle. The rest is history.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They do work VERY well in outside winter conditions.

They do tend to be slippery on smooth surfaces including the inside of the package car. The safety committee passed them out 4-5 years ago, but apparently they can't be afforded now. With this coming week in the snow and ice, I would love to give my helper a pair for his boots

pappy234

Last year when i was doing driver helper, the ice was real bad. Luckily the driver I was with was also so the union steward not that it mattered but he got me a pair and they worked real good but, they were slippery in the truck. Don't know how long they would last, I think I used them for like 2 days.

barnyard

KTM rider
My center has passed them out every year for the past 4. They just got their box for this year last week. Probably pass them out this week.

I wear them for resis, but not businesses.

TB