Delivering on Air Only days

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm assuming the stop wasn't a great deal away from the building. How bout run it when it came down then go back to the building for the rest of your air?

Our start time was 8am----air didn't show up until 10---we didn't leave until 1025. Not a whole lot of options other than having a sup run it off. Receiver was happy as they needed the part.

Pkgcar1988

Option number 1: tell sup you need to leave to deliver on time then go back
Option 2: deliver late but make first stop to get it there as early as possible

1pocket73

Your EDD will show all of the stops by commit time. Get rid of the noon commits first and then designate all of the remaining stop as residential. This will reset EDD in to the proper delivery order. Simply follow that, do the best that you can and let the chips fall where they may.

Hmmm,maybe thats where I made my mistake? I noticed in my EDD that there was nothing in PAL order.Like 5000's near the top mixed with 1000's and then more 5000's in the middle and bottom.EDD did not run from 1000 to 8000.It was very mixed up! Would it have straightened out if I'd res/com all the 16:30 commits?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He didn't know the area at all, that's what he said. So my guess he wouldn't know if it was a business or residential, just my opinion

You designate them all as residential---gives you 4.5 hours to get them delivered on time if they are commercial.

Option number 1: tell sup you need to leave to deliver on time then go back
Option 2: deliver late but make first stop to get it there as early as possible

Leaving and coming back would have caused more service failures on the noon commits.

They were my first stop which is the only reason I decided to do what I did. I know that if I had asked my on-car I would have been directed to do exactly what I did. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. Is this a battle I want to fight? Absolutely not.

PT Car Washer

I know what you are saying about EDD combining several routes. Can have you jumping from one town to another and back again. And if you have no area knowledge you are toast. Failure on your center management team. Had the same situation a few Saturdays ago. Have to admit the Preloader had them all lined up in stop by stop order. Too bad the order mixed up 3 separate towns.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I
You can't always tell by that. It may have a personal name but still be going to a business.
I realize that but you have a much better chance of convincing your management team that you didn't know if it just has a personal name. If the package is addressed to Steve's automotive you have no valid excuse.

Brownslave688

I know what you are saying about EDD combining several routes. Can have you jumping from one town to another and back again. And if you have no area knowledge you are toast. Failure on your center management team. Had the same situation a few Saturdays ago. Have to admit the Preloader had them all lined up in stop by stop order. Too bad the order mixed up 3 separate towns.
How do you have this problem on Saturday air or a light day like New Year's Eve. These are not brick loaded cars. Take 10 minutes grab a map look at all of your stops and map out your day.

PT Car Washer

I have talked to my center management team about this. Their reply is the Preload loaded them in stop by stop order by the PAL label. They don't have a clue.

Pkgcar1988

I would have told the sup that people get fired for that kind of stuff and I am not going to do it, he will be nowhere to be found when the higher ups coming looking for you and will have no knowledge of what you are talking about,jmo

Brownslave688

I would have told the sup that people get fired for that kind of stuff and I am not going to do it, he will be nowhere to be found when the higher ups coming looking for you and will have no knowledge of what you are talking about,jmo
Your wasting precious bandwidth.

PT Car Washer

How do you have this problem on Saturday air or a light day like New Year's Eve. These are not brick loaded cars. Take 10 minutes grab a map look at all of your stops and map out your day.
I agree about grabbing a map and routing yourself. But 120 stops is a lot more then we normally run on Saturday. And having EDD just makes it worse. You get to depending on EDD to help you with the delivery order. After all that is the way you are trained.