Delivering surepost packages

$BILL

What is the repercussions of delivering surepost packages that are designated to be delivered to the P.O. to the actual address? I regularly find surepost packages with addresses that I am going by or are close by being routed to the P.O. This should be our volume.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From what I understand if you have a Ground package for 123 Main St any Surepost for that address are to be delivered by us. 2 or more Surepost for the same address are to be delivered by us. Surepost in proximity to a Ground delivery are to be delivered by us.

Do not open Post Office bags looking for proximity Surepost. You are asking for trouble if you choose to do this.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
From what I understand if you have a Ground package for 123 Main St any Surepost for that address are to be delivered by us. 2 or more Surepost for the same address are to be delivered by us. Surepost in proximity to a Ground delivery are to be delivered by us.

Do not open Post Office bags looking for proximity Surepost. You are asking for trouble if you choose to do this.

During x Mas. I deliver all of the surepost. Deliver the bag to the mailbox out side. If I break off for a post office I would run out of fuel. They'd rather me deliver the parcels

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
zbe.gif

What is the repercussions of delivering surepost packages that are designated to be delivered to the P.O. to the actual address? I regularly find surepost packages with addresses that I am going by or are close by being routed to the P.O. This should be our volume.

Don't overthink your job !!!!!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Surepost proximity to a ground package isn't happening here...have you seen this in your area of operations??

Tough Guy

There's some small town post offices in my area that keep strange hours. If there's a day when I can't make it there in their business hours, I'll just deliver it to wherever it goes. Provided it's on my route. And it's not addressed to a po box.
Otherwise we just try again the next day.

Tough Guy

When I say small town post offices, I mean very small, like one or two packages. Not even in a bag. Not dozens of bags like I see other trucks getting blown out with.