Delivering to customers later out of spite

Geo926

Had a veterinary clinic that was a real PITA to deal with, they ordered everything COD and took forever to cut checks ( "have a seat, the doctor is finishing a procedure and will be able to get some checks signed in a few minutes") and would call in complaints if you tried to NM1 them. To make matters worse, they closed for lunch from noon to 1:30 every day which was right in the normal time frame for delivery. My solution was to show up every day at 11:58, just as they were shutting down and getting ready to head out the door for lunch; this had an amazing effect on their sense of urgency in regards to getting COD checks written out and signed in a timely manner.

Well played sir, well played! Love the idiots that make you wait forever for a 300.00 check. No it's ok Sally, I don't have anywhere else to be take your time sweetheart.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upssouth

I deliver to a major bank headquarters. Deliver everything to the 2 mail room guys who come out with a cart for their stuff then I go inside to del link. One guy really cares for air and ground while the other doesn't care bc he's part time and leaves at 12. He refused to put light boxes on his cart after me saying those are ready..he stood there in a mocking position and I reminded him I'm helping you out with air and ground I'd appreciate it if you help me out. He got mad and walked off, then someone who actually works at bank was looking for his package. I explained to him that he was very lucky he was getting his package today bc the mail room guy wanted me to not receive any packages due to his temper tantrum. All the mail guy would say was shut it over and over again. He cursed at me, not 1st time and I refuse to also use the same language.

When I went back for pickups I laid into the other mail guy about his coworker and the fact that if he pulls that stunt again where he won't touch the packages that are on their property I'm scanning them all refused and putting them back in the truck. Needless to say we have had no issues since and mail guy won't speak to me..just the way I like it. Other mail guy is happy, I'm happy, customers expecting pkgs are happy.

Don't be a pushover. Lay down the law

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well played sir, well played! Love the idiots that make you wait forever for a 300.00 check. No it's ok Sally, I don't have anywhere else to be take your time sweetheart.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I am perfectly willing to wait a reasonable amount of time for a check to get cut, but anytime the customer suggests that "I have a seat and get some coffee" or says "the doctor can write the check as soon as she finishes a procedure" then there is a problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or you could leave a notice, deliver a couple of nearby stops, and swing back. If there are no nearby stops, oh well, see you tommorrow.

This is what I do. I write down her COD's, deliver the adjacent stops and she normally has the checks ready by then; if not, I will swing by later in the afternoon.