Delivering to possible Identity Theft customer

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
There's a duplex I deliver to that is rented out. The tenant before screwed me over on a delivery so it has become a signature required address. The new tenants moved in around September last year, and by November I noticed these people were receiving packages with different names. These names would delivered for a 2 week stretch, usually by air or 2nd day, then disappear. 2-3 weeks down the line, another name would pop up and another week stretch of deliveries.

Obviously I'm not stupid, I bring it up to loss prevention and he basically just tells me to make sure he signs for it. Yesterday, I delivered a Sprint phone with an unfamiliar name. I ask if he's here. He says he's in school late so he'll sign for it. :bsbullf:

Today another Sprint phone came with a different name and I just sheeted it as NO SUCH PERSON and left it for the clerk. I told my sup today that I don't want to be a part of this and need something to be done. I've done everything not to confront the customer but I don't want to deliver there and start an altercation. Have any drivers dealt with this before and can they freeze deliveries to certain addresses ?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had a guy using other peoples and fake account numbers.

Brought to LPs attention. He was arrested.

Had a a guy doing something similar to your story. Brought it to LPs attention and they were arrested.

The only thing i can tell you is to keep harping on your LP, or maybe make a friend at your local police department.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That's why I figured sheeting as NSP was the safe choice.
Would you have done that ??
I would have just delivered it to the address on pkg and had person at residence sign for it. Your just asking for trouble questioning why people are ordering things and questioning names on boxes. Go to address , ring doorbell, get signature, go home.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a residential package today that did not have an apartment letter nor was the consignee's name on either mailbox. I brought that one back as NSP and the clerk did an ADC.

T

Turdferguson

Your LP guy sounds like a turd ( not the good kind )
I had this happen and our LP people contacted the police. He fessed up to some bizzar scheme , and a C-pad note was added to the board stating that only such and such names were to be delivered to this address. All others RTS'd

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I brought it up to the mailman on that street.
He was getting packages for different people as well.
He told the resident that if the names not on his mailbox or system , it wasn't being delivered there

oldngray

nowhere special
I brought it up to the mailman on that street.
He was getting packages for different people as well.
He told the resident that if the names not on his mailbox or system , it wasn't being delivered there

The mailmen and even cops usually know what is going on too. If you are familiar with the area its something you can quickly figure out. The cops may know but may not have enough evidence to do anything.