Delivering to possible Identity Theft customer

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Everyone I know gets theirs via USPS. Apparently the VA spreads the shipping around.
No clue
We have a VA pharmacy a few towns over and we deliver signature required and shipper release meds for them.
Not sure if each pharmacy can make their own shipping choices.

rod

Retired 22 years
No clue
We have a VA pharmacy a few towns over and we deliver signature required and shipper release meds for them.
Not sure if each pharmacy can make their own shipping choices.

Ours is located 60 miles away ----they have always used the post office as far as I know

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm surprised UPS is delivering VA meds. I was under the impression that the USPS handles all their shipments.
We get the controlled substances deliveries that require a signature. The USPS usually gets the ones that can be stuck in a mail box.

rod

Retired 22 years
We get the controlled substances deliveries that require a signature. The USPS usually gets the ones that can be stuck in a mail box.

That makes sense although the PO has that service also. Haven't you ever got a warning letter via Registered Mail (or don't they send them out that way anymore?)

rod

Retired 22 years
They didn't mail my last 6 warning letters, just handed me a copy when I got.

Must be part of the cost cutting program---those letters sent out by mail were spendy. Most of the time no one was home to sign for them so they would eventually go back to UPS (big waste of money) where they would be all sneaky trying to get you to take them.

AKCoverMan

I am no detective so I could careless what the name is. I drop and go, the rest so not my responsibility.
I am not a detective and I don't think Hef is either, but this was not a single event. Rather it was a pattern of a string of sig required packages for one name followed by a new string for another name rinse wash repeat. The pattern drew his attention and for good reason.

It's not our responsibility to seek this stuff out but when it so obviously presents itself we have a responsibility as citizens to not simply turn a blind eye.

Calling it "snitching" is just s cop out. The "I don't want to get involved" crowd will also be the first to cry "Why don't they do something?" when they are the victim of crime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I recall when the iPhone 6 came out we were told to report any suspicious activity on the delivery end, such as more than 1 going to a single address. Thankfully my center manager was on the car when I tried to deliver 6 of them to a international student who was living off campus. Turns out he had bought them and was sending all but one home to his family.

Indecisi0n

I am not a detective and I don't think Hef is either, but this was not a single event. Rather it was a pattern of a string of sig required packages for one name followed by a new string for another name rinse wash repeat. The pattern drew his attention and for good reason.

It's not our responsibility to seek this stuff out but when it so obviously presents itself we have a responsibility as citizens to not simply turn a blind eye.

Calling it "snitching" is just s cop out. The "I don't want to get involved" crowd will also be the first to cry "Why don't they do something?" when they are the victim of crime.
What do you do when some strung out crack head starts following you around because you NSP his package?

My point is it's not worth it. Your guessing that he is doing something wrong so without proof you are wrong.

wayfair

swollen member
What do you do when some strung out crack head starts following you around because you NSP his package?

My point is it's not worth it. Your guessing that he is doing something wrong so without proof you are wrong.

Love it when those crack heads follow me when I'm delivering DISH boxes to section 8 apartments... and yes I DR them the first time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You call the police !! Tell them UPS held the package for verification.

When every week, a different name on a package being shipped NDA or Saver, you do something about it.
This family has a very ethnic African last name, I don't recall any Goldberg's, Patel's, or Wisniewski's living there.
Plus, when you catch their daughter after school grabbing boxes from FedEx left at an abandoned apartment across the street, you know the right thing to do as a professional.

You have every right to look away if you want.
Being a professional UPS driver for 15 years, I know what I CAN do to make it difficult for that to continue.
I have shown that it was successful and gives you an option if you run across this as a driver.

Indecisi0n

You have every right to look away if you want.
Being a professional UPS driver for 15 years, I know what I CAN do to make it difficult for that to continue.
I have shown that it was successful and gives you an option if you run across this as a driver.
Difference between us: You are old school and I am new school. I am a product of today's UPS. I do my job and only my job. Any diversion from that leads me to be disciplined.

jaker

trolling
Difference between us: You are old school and I am new school. I am a product of today's UPS. I do my job and only my job. Any diversion from that leads me to be disciplined.
I have been a driver for 12 and I don't care what's name is on the box you sign it's yours , if ups has a problem then they should make a program to flag houses that are questionable and don't say they can't because they are doing it now with houses they think are businesses