Delivering to storage units

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I would make the customer sign a sig release form. Have them give me a key. If the office wouldn't take the boxes. I would have no problem going to the unit. But, I don't have any on area.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have all of my 20 businesses on my area already with sig release forms. So if they are not around ,on the phone,or busy I just sdn

barnyard

KTM rider
Exactly, unless they live in the storage unit have it delivered to your home or office.

The storage units that I deliver to are units that are rented by tobacco companies and accessed by at least 3 reps per unit. I also have a unit that is rented by a pharma rep. She gets tons of stuff and the storage unit is a well-organized place for all that stuff.

Having a key or lock code makes delivery a piece of cake.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The storage units that I deliver to are units that are rented by tobacco companies and accessed by at least 3 reps per unit. I also have a unit that is rented by a pharma rep. She gets tons of stuff and the storage unit is a well-organized place for all that stuff.

Having a key or lock code makes delivery a piece of cake.

Signature, SDN or DR?

1Low59

I had 4 Snap on Tool reps on my old route. They each had their own storage container. I would give a quick honk as I entered the yard and someone would come out and open the containers and sign for the pkgs. At first they wanted to give me a key to the containers to place pkgs inside myself but was reluctant to do so. I told them I would not be held responsible since I would not be the only person to have access to it. Sure enough they had some items come up missing.

Tough Guy

Wow procedures on this really vary across different centers. One of our sups actually went to bat for us with one of the places and said he doesn't want us going to the units. For the reasons that some of you mentioned earlier, if something went missing it could be made to look like we stole it.

The other one I deliver to sometimes, we have them trained so they know we don't go wandering around to different units.

It's always the driver who holds the cards. If they say they want you to take it back you can always say "sorry, no". And if they won't "let" you leave them in the office, then it's "ok have a nice day", non delivery refused didn't want, with "office refused" in the remarks. That's how it came to be that our one sup even had to get involved with the one.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
They won't sign.

Then write on the info notice "office will not sign for your packages and sheet cl1 or ni1 whichever your center does. The customer will deal with the office manager I promise you that! Not getting a sig at a business stop falls directly on you, unless you get it in writing from your management team (lol, good luck with that!)

If the customer can't work it out with the storage unit manager one of 2 things will happen: 1. They will set it up so they pick their packages at your center, the packages don't get loaded on your truck. 2. They change storage units to one that will sign and that may be on another guy's route, the packages again don't get loaded on your truck. Make the rules work for you not against you!

porkwagon

Then write on the info notice "office will not sign for your packages and sheet cl1 or ni1 whichever your center does. The customer will deal with the office manager I promise you that! Not getting a sig at a business stop falls directly on you, unless you get it in writing from your management team (lol, good luck with that!)

If the customer can't work it out with the storage unit manager one of 2 things will happen: 1. They will set it up so they pick their packages at your center, the packages don't get loaded on your truck. 2. They change storage units to one that will sign and that may be on another guy's route, the packages again don't get loaded on your truck. Make the rules work for you not against you!
Thanks, but I've been doing it the way I said before for the same customers since paper delivery records.

542thruNthru

Had to deal with this on a old route I had. LP got involved. Told me under no circumstances do I deliver to the storage unit. I had him give me a card so they could call him. The two ladies at the desk were furious. I was happy though. Was sick of making 6 to 10 stops there. They also weren't the nicest people.

JL 0513

Out of my center, all public storage unit businesses are noted in the DIAD as "deliver to each unit". We have to gather the keys from the front desk.