Delivering To the Country Club.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
holy crap, ease up. yes, i STOLE BEER when i was 17 because no one would sell it to me. you know what, looking back, i really don't feel bad about it. a few dozen beers from the 500 case stockpile they had was not a big deal.

you old men used to drink at 18, so kiss my butt.

i sucked at golf, so I would steal the second hand balls by the bag load...that I would fish out of the lakes as part of being paid minimum wage by a club owned by people that had to pay a $100,000 initiation fee to join. i hit most of them back into that lake anyway.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say most of you are very unhappy with your life and love knocking people who wear a tie.

beentheredonethat

holy crap, ease up. yes, i STOLE BEER when i was 17 because no one would sell it to me. you know what, looking back, i really don't feel bad about it. a few dozen beers from the 500 case stockpile they had was not a big deal.

you old men used to drink at 18, so kiss my butt.

i sucked at golf, so I would steal the second hand balls by the bag load...that I would fish out of the lakes as part of being paid minimum wage by a club owned by people that had to pay a $100,000 initiation fee to join. i hit most of them back into that lake anyway.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say most of you are very unhappy with your life and love knocking people who wear a tie.

I've got to disagree with you. When you got the job offer at minimum wage. You had a choice, accept it and work. Or decline the job. There shouldn't have been a third option, take the job, and take some perks your boss doesn't know about (beer\golf balls). It's one thing to make a mistake as a teenager. Or even to make a mistake as an adult. But then in hindsight not being remorseful of it, says a lot about yourself. At what point would it have been wrong? If you made twice minimum wage it would it still have been wrong? If a driver or a preloader or a mgmt person, took contents of a pkg, I think they should be fired. A rationale that I didn't get a raise this year, won't make it right to steal.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box. (And yes, in the past I've done things I'm not proud of and regret. The difference is I regret it, and try to never repeat past mistakes.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
I've got to disagree with you. When you got the job offer at minimum wage. You had a choice, accept it and work. Or decline the job. There shouldn't have been a third option, take the job, and take some perks your boss doesn't know about (beer\golf balls). It's one thing to make a mistake as a teenager. Or even to make a mistake as an adult. But then in hindsight not being remorseful of it, says a lot about yourself. At what point would it have been wrong? If you made twice minimum wage it would it still have been wrong? If a driver or a preloader or a mgmt person, took contents of a pkg, I think they should be fired. A rationale that I didn't get a raise this year, won't make it right to steal.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box. (And yes, in the past I've done things I'm not proud of and regret. The difference is I regret it, and try to never repeat past mistakes.

this post makes me feel even better for my acquisitions. you can speak in hypotheticals all you want, but I was 17, didnt want to work at a grocery store (allthough, they had more beer there) and DID make minimum wage.

was it wrong? yes. do i feel bad after all these year? no. they treated employees like crap. black people wernt allowed in the dining room.

Will i let my kids get away with it? hell no, they are going to get a woopin, just like I would have.

and i didnt get a raise this year.

Ghost in the Darkness

YOUR FAULT !!!! YAH SHOULDAH WALKED OUT !!!! don't let these people walk over you!! You are bringing them a service,and they should show & treat you with respect!! Been there done that!! You'll get someones attention!! Good luck !!

The reason it wasn't longer because I told the bartender that I don't have time for this. (I was in a good mood that day and the route was on the light side). I informed him that I know the pro shop won't sign for it and that if he wanted it today that it would be in his best interest to sign... or wait till tomorrow. The idiot golfer scowled at me and the bartender signed.
The point of my brining it up was the lack of courtousy from these people. So in short when someone tells me they are a golfer I immediately drop my respect level for them because I've dealt with enough buttheads. In fact I lump them right in with people I don't like dealing with like insurance agents, real estate people, lawyers, car dealers... etc.

Ghost in the Darkness

YOUR FAULT !!!! YAH SHOULDAH WALKED OUT !!!! don't let these people walk over you!! You are bringing them a service,and they should show & treat you with respect!! Been there done that!! You'll get someones attention!! Good luck !!

The reason it wasn't longer because I told the bartender that I don't have time for this. (I was in a good mood that day and the route was on the light side). I informed him that I know the pro shop won't sign for it and that if he wanted it today that it would be in his best interest to sign... or wait till tomorrow. The idiot golfer scowled at me and the bartender signed.
The point of my brining it up was the lack of courtousy from these people. So in short when someone tells me they are a golfer I immediately drop my respect level for them because I've dealt with enough buttheads. In fact I lump them right in with people I don't like dealing with like insurance agents, realtors, lawyers, car dealers... etc.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
a few dozen beers from the 500 case stockpile they had was not a big deal.
So to use your thought process, as a part timer, UPS has millions of packages in the system, whats a package or two a month. They can afford it. And after all, they are insured, so UPS is not really out that money either.

you old men used to drink at 18
Well sorta. For a while, it was illegal to do so. You could be drafted and serve in Vietnam for three years, before you could get your first legal beer. But then when it was legalized...... Difference is, it was legal

i sucked at golf, so I would steal the second hand balls by the bag load...that I would fish out of the lakes as part of being paid minimum wage by a club owned by people that had to pay a $100,000 initiation fee to join.
Ah yes, the old "they have more than they need, so if I take from the rich, and keep for myself, I can assume that Robin Hood persona I mentioned earlier. I do find it interesting that your honesty showed in this post. You actually called it what it really was. Stealing. The rest of what you posted is nothing more than dribble to make you feel better about being a thief. But the bottom line is you are still a thief.

I too have done things that were not right. But I dont go around justifying those things in my mind to believe they are not wrong now.

I hit most of them back into that lake anyway
Again, trying to make yourself feel better about being a thief.

so kiss my butt.
With some of the suggestions and terminology you seem to want to use, I figure your wife and expected child are just a cover for your dark side.

d

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
So to use your thought process, as a part timer, UPS has millions of packages in the system, whats a package or two a month. They can afford it. And after all, they are insured, so UPS is not really out that money either.

Well sorta. For a while, it was illegal to do so. You could be drafted and serve in Vietnam for three years, before you could get your first legal beer. But then when it was legalized...... Difference is, it was legal

Ah yes, the old "they have more than they need, so if I take from the rich, and keep for myself, I can assume that Robin Hood persona I mentioned earlier. I do find it interesting that your honesty showed in this post. You actually called it what it really was. Stealing. The rest of what you posted is nothing more than dribble to make you feel better about being a thief. But the bottom line is you are still a thief.

I too have done things that were not right. But I dont go around justifying those things in my mind to believe they are not wrong now.

Again, trying to make yourself feel better about being a thief.

With some of the suggestions and terminology you seem to want to use, I figure your wife and expected child are just a cover for your dark side.

d

come on man,, really now its a bit much

Cementups

Box Monkey
and i didnt get a raise this year.

Man, don't try to throw that in anyone's face. We didn't pick your job nor do we make you stay.

BTW, Ghost......I'm a golfer so I guess any respect you may have had for me is completely gone now. You really shouldn't generalize how you feel about groups of people. Us plebian golfers are nothing like the elitist that you are trying to link us to.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
BTW, Ghost......I'm a golfer so I guess any respect you may have had for me is completely gone now. You really shouldn't generalize how you feel about groups of people. Us plebian golfers are nothing like the elitist that you are trying to link us to.

From another ordinary golfer, I agree.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
danny, quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. beleive it or not, I am cool as anyone else on this board, sure I STOLE a few brews and the only reason I would ever admit it on here is to sympathize with the people bitching about delivering to a country club! you call me a putz? grow up.

you know what really ginds my gears? retired people on a pension paid for by others that think they have earned a right to be a dick. good luck finding happiness on a message board that all you do is complain.

and boy have I kept my mouth shut about not getting a raise...that was in response to the person responding to my post....all in good fun. have you ever been worried about losing your job and then being happy to not get a raise? welcome to march of 2009.

rod

Retired 22 years
danny, quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. beleive it or not, I am cool as anyone else on this board, sure I STOLE a few brews and the only reason I would ever admit it on here is to sympathize with the people bitching about delivering to a country club! you call me a putz? grow up.

you know what really ginds my gears? retired people on a pension paid for by others that think they have earned a right to be a dick. good luck finding happiness on a message board that all you do is complain.

and boy have I kept my mouth shut about not getting a raise...that was in response to the person responding to my post....all in good fun. have you ever been worried about losing your job and then being happy to not get a raise? welcome to march of 2009.

Whys everybody always picking on me?
The Coasters - Charlie Brown

P

pickup

That would only be the tip of the iceberg if I won the lottery. I would have to have a team of lawyers on my payroll keeping me out of trouble.:happy2::happy2::happy2::taz:

ha ha , if I were a lawyer, I would love to get that job. Just think of all the billable hours.:wink2:

Ghost in the Darkness

You really shouldn't generalize how you feel about groups of people. Us plebian golfers are nothing like the elitist that you are trying to link us to.

You could be right and that might be the politically correct way but I've had enough bad experience with them to see a trend that has jaded me. Call me an anti-golfite I guess.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dear Mr Putzly
you know what really ginds my gears? retired people on a pension paid for by others
Aint that statement a hoot. Since when am I drawing money that was earned by someone else? You forget little one, I put my years in.

As for getting money that is earned by someone else, I could make that case about the money you draw..........

BUt you know what grinds mine, its a wet behind the ears BSer that thinks the whole world revolves around him/them, therefore they use a condescending tone to respond to the large fat group of lazy unworthy, that are being paid too much for what they really dont even do. That, dear Putzly, is the only thing I have against you. Hence the perception of negativity on your part.

that think they have earned a right to be a dick
Ive earned my stripes, unlike some new kid that thinks they have all the answers. I believe that type of person to be that "dick".

d

Ghost in the Darkness

Had more evidence that golfers are worthless today... truck wasn't fueled up and the route has no diesel fuel-up spots except near the center so I had to fuel up before heading out and our air was late so that put me 25 min behind from the get go. Btw, I left it fueled up the day before he drove it. Lets see, the bulkhead key was missing off the key ring and not in the bulkhead door either. I found it during pre-trip left in the back door. So that means he had driven around all day with the bulkhead door open. Then there was that send again beater stop he said dumped in the back of the truck... turns out it was just a single metal part (overweight) in a box. So I'll say it was a combination of him not wanting to drive the distance to deliver it and not wanting to actually pick it up (overweight). He said he couldn't fuel up because he wanted to get to his golf event... whatever!! Oh yeah he was running late and skipped most of his lunch too.