Delivering To the Country Club.

kingOFchester

Was sent to the country club to do a pick up. When I deliver to this Country club, I always Deliver to the main office. I was sent to the rear of th club where the pro shop is located. No way to drive there. Had to walk around the entire building down 1 1/2 flights of steps and around the back. There were 4 huge boxes of next day air (vlubs being shipped to a resort in florida). The "pro" treated me like a slave. I asked if he could drive the packages up to the truck in one of the 100+ carts parked outside the pro-shop. Answer "no". My reply, "ok, but next time don't be surprised to see a UPS truck coming down the cart path next time I am sent to do a pick up". I was pissed.

Every time I am at one of the several clubs I deliver to, I always day dream about driving the truck all over the course. Tear it up doing donuts and just going wild. Would love to see their faces.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Was sent to the country club to do a pick up. When I deliver to this Country club, I always Deliver to the main office. I was sent to the rear of th club where the pro shop is located. No way to drive there. Had to walk around the entire building down 1 1/2 flights of steps and around the back. There were 4 huge boxes of next day air (vlubs being shipped to a resort in florida). The "pro" treated me like a slave. I asked if he could drive the packages up to the truck in one of the 100+ carts parked outside the pro-shop. Answer "no". My reply, "ok, but next time don't be surprised to see a UPS truck coming down the cart path next time I am sent to do a pick up". I was pissed.

Every time I am at one of the several clubs I deliver to, I always day dream about driving the truck all over the course. Tear it up doing donuts and just going wild. Would love to see their faces.
That guy was a jerk, King. All the 'country clubs' around here are great, not that we have that many. Usually it's the residents that are snobs.

kingOFchester

That guy was a jerk, King. All the 'country clubs' around here are great, not that we have that many. Usually it's the residents that are snobs.

He was a jerk........But maybe just having a bad day. On the whole I find most people to be just like us....just trying to make $$$'s to put food on the table.:peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I thought the Travis Tritt video was a joke or spoof but it was serious, and I quickly turned it off and eliminated it from my mind.
You sound like a politician at a town hall meeting.

I was 16-17, it was perks. besides, i felt like robin hood.
No wonder sales are down.....quit wearing those tights already!

Those people at the Country Club I deliver to want to make three stops out of me. You need to drop that at the pro shop, that needs to go to the club office and no that can't go here, take it to the kitchen. Uh..Ma'am...You need to distribute it, you sign for one-you sign for all...buh-bye!
Sheet it up as three stops. In the consignee area type Pro Shop, Kitchen, Club Office, etc... Oh and btw, my whole family loves your new avatar.:happy2:

holy crap, ease up. yes, i STOLE BEER when i was 17 because no one would sell it to me. you know what, looking back, i really don't feel bad about it. a few dozen beers from the 500 case stockpile they had was not a big deal.

you old men used to drink at 18, so kiss my butt.

i sucked at golf, so I would steal the second hand balls by the bag load...that I would fish out of the lakes as part of being paid minimum wage by a club owned by people that had to pay a $100,000 initiation fee to join. i hit most of them back into that lake anyway.

i'm going to go out on a limb and say most of you are very unhappy with your life and love knocking people who wear a tie.
So when you steal something at 17 it's okay? So because I was born before you and was able to drink alcohol at 18 and you're not, that makes it okay for you to break that law also? Minimum wage is a valid reason for theft? Why do you assume that most of us are unhappy with our lives? You sure have a lot to say, but none of it sounds like it's thought out very well.

this post makes me feel even better for my acquisitions. you can speak in hypotheticals all you want, but I was 17, didnt want to work at a grocery store (allthough, they had more beer there) and DID make minimum wage.

was it wrong? yes. do i feel bad after all these year? no. they treated employees like crap. black people wernt allowed in the dining room.

Will i let my kids get away with it? hell no, they are going to get a woopin, just like I would have.

and i didnt get a raise this year.
All of us were 17 at some point in our lives.

The reason it wasn't longer because I told the bartender that I don't have time for this. (I was in a good mood that day and the route was on the light side). I informed him that I know the pro shop won't sign for it and that if he wanted it today that it would be in his best interest to sign... or wait till tomorrow. The idiot golfer scowled at me and the bartender signed.
The point of my brining it up was the lack of courtousy from these people. So in short when someone tells me they are a golfer I immediately drop my respect level for them because I've dealt with enough buttheads. In fact I lump them right in with people I don't like dealing with like insurance agents, real estate people, lawyers, car dealers... etc.
Blacks, Puerto Ricans, Jews and let us not forget the Polish.

Man, don't try to throw that in anyone's face. We didn't pick your job nor do we make you stay.

BTW, Ghost......I'm a golfer so I guess any respect you may have had for me is completely gone now. You really shouldn't generalize how you feel about groups of people. Us plebian golfers are nothing like the elitist that you are trying to link us to.
I just lost respect for you when I found out you were from PA.:wink2:

From another ordinary golfer, I agree.
+1

danny, quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. beleive it or not, I am cool as anyone else on this board, sure I STOLE a few brews and the only reason I would ever admit it on here is to sympathize with the people bitching about delivering to a country club! you call me a putz? grow up.

you know what really ginds my gears? retired people on a pension paid for by others that think they have earned a right to be a dick. good luck finding happiness on a message board that all you do is complain.

and boy have I kept my mouth shut about not getting a raise...that was in response to the person responding to my post....all in good fun. have you ever been worried about losing your job and then being happy to not get a raise? welcome to march of 2009.
:sad-little:

You could be right and that might be the politically correct way but I've had enough bad experience with them to see a trend that has jaded me. Call me an anti-golfite I guess.

Had more evidence that golfers are worthless today... truck wasn't fueled up and the route has no diesel fuel-up spots except near the center so I had to fuel up before heading out and our air was late so that put me 25 min behind from the get go. Btw, I left it fueled up the day before he drove it. Lets see, the bulkhead key was missing off the key ring and not in the bulkhead door either. I found it during pre-trip left in the back door. So that means he had driven around all day with the bulkhead door open. Then there was that send again beater stop he said dumped in the back of the truck... turns out it was just a single metal part (overweight) in a box. So I'll say it was a combination of him not wanting to drive the distance to deliver it and not wanting to actually pick it up (overweight). He said he couldn't fuel up because he wanted to get to his golf event... whatever!! Oh yeah he was running late and skipped most of his lunch too.
Do you get paid while you fuel up the pkg car, wait for customers to sign, lug stuff around for customers?

You get paid by the hour, baby, so lug those things up those stairs, one at a time and as "carefully" as possible. My experience is so far removed from the bad ones expressed here. My pro shop and golf maintenance people are sooo nice. I even flag them down outside of the country club so they can grab the pkgs earlier than I would have delivered them.

whiskey

i worked as a cart boy/attendent in high school at a big one here in town. it was the best job ever and i think it was minimum wage. they never counted beer OR golf ball inventory, so it had its perks.

we use to do time trials driving out to the bathroom in the middle of the course to see who was the fastest on a golf cart.
I also have many" caddie shack" stories from valet parking at the local golf club.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yep... but I like to effecient and expect the same courteousy I give others and lazy :censored2:bags piss me off. Point is golfers are worthless... and we all know it, I just have to vocalize it.
I totally understand you, lol, but you can't go through life expecting everyone will do things the way you do them. It'll just drive you crazy, my friend.:happy2:

M

Mike23

danny, quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy. believe it or not, MY MOM THINKS I'M AS cool as anyone else on this board, sure I BORROWED a few brews and the only reason I would ever admit it on here is because UPS doesn't know who I am on here AND to sympathize with the people bitching about delivering to a country club! you call me a putz? grow up.

you know what really grinds my gears? retired people on a pension paid for by others that think they have earned a right to be a dick. good luck finding happiness on a message board that all you do is complain.

and boy have I kept my mouth shut about not getting a raise (Until now)...that was in response to the person responding to my post....all in good fun. have you ever been worried about losing your job and then being happy to not get a raise? welcome to march of 2009.

Don't worry Salesguy. I knew what you were trying to say so I fixed your post for you :D You're welcome, man :peaceful:

Oh, I DO feel sorry for the pensioners out there. Did you hear the Coors Light retirees might not get their free 72 12 packs of beer a year?! Apparently Coors is cutting that. There's a grievance being filed over it, lol. Geez, some people claim I'M an alcoholic. At least I don't get 72 12 packs of free beer a year! http://www.findingdulcinea.com/news...es-Complain-About-Unexpected--Last-Call-.html

I like the part about the union stating that the company is using the economic downturn as an excuse. Nobody with a brain does that...oh, wait, scumbag Hoffa did...oh, wait...he doesn't have a brain.

MikeTbob

Sheet it up as three stops. In the consignee area type Pro Shop, Kitchen, Club Office,

In my district, you can get fired/reprimanded for this. It's called Falsifying records or padding your stops. I don't agree with it, but I have had a sup explain it to me this way. I was told in a situation like this, we get one signature and make one stop only.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't mind delivering to our country club. Sometimes the golf carts are in the way but besides that its usually hassle free. The club pro is usually in the pro shop and signs for stuff and the only time we have to take packages anywhere other than the shop is when the swimming pool gets supplies. If anything is for the kitchen or offices upstairs someone who works for the club distributes them to those places.

What I don't like is some of the people that are members of the club. The high horse attitudes get on my nerves but the way I deal with them is to just remind myself that most of them are probably two or three paychecks from bankruptcy just like most Americans due to their high level of materialism and lavish life styles. In fact, I'm probably in better financial shape when it comes to debt (thank you Dave Ramsey!) than they are. I'd rather bring home a UPS salary and have my middle income house as my only debt than be living on a $200k/year salary with $500k in debt. Man, no wonder so many of them are jerks.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
In my district, you can get fired/reprimanded for this. It's called Falsifying records or padding your stops. I don't agree with it, but I have had a sup explain it to me this way. I was told in a situation like this, we get one signature and make one stop only.
My supermarket has 3 deliveries. Front Desk, Pharmacy and Seafood. I have other's that have 2 delivery points. I get seperate signatures at each area. No falsifying here, Mike. BTW, where ya been?

buncha dorks in this thread with waaaaay too much time on their hands...lol.
upssalesguy says this while looking in the mirror. Now get out there and find some accounts!:wink2:

Cementups

Box Monkey

That's bull. It's the same as delivering to an office building that has 3 different businesses in it. If I go to 3 different places, I am getting 3 differenet signatures.

BrownArmy

Or an apartment building that shows up in EDD as one stop with 3-6 packages. Same deal as the office building - separate drops, separate stops.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Sheet it up as three stops. In the consignee area type Pro Shop, Kitchen, Club Office, etc... Oh and btw, my whole family loves your new avatar.:happy2:

I wish I had that kind of time to give the service you obviously give to your consignees. But, look at say...Hospitals, you wouldn't deliver something to ER, than another to Radiology,and another to Lab, etc....I feel its their responsibility to get it distributed, even a country club.

BTW...the Whole family likes the avatar? Sweet! Thanks. Surprised no one had already claimed it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Or an apartment building that shows up in EDD as one stop with 3-6 packages. Same deal as the office building - separate drops, separate stops.

Apartment deliveries are a hot item here. Management wants us to sheet all apartment stops as one stop (if they are "left at" the office) unless of course someone is home at one of them. That is obviously a separate stop. Otherwise.....the rest that aren't home are pre-recorded and then signed for at the office and tagged as a "Left At Resi." That is how I was trained in driving school so I was already doing that but for some reason some drivers throw a fit about it because they think they are getting robbed. I don't understand why.

BrownArmy

Apartment deliveries are a hot item here. Management wants us to sheet all apartment stops as one stop (if they are "left at" the office) unless of course someone is home at one of them. That is obviously a separate stop. Otherwise.....the rest that aren't home are pre-recorded and then signed for at the office and tagged as a "Left At Resi." That is how I was trained in driving school so I was already doing that but for some reason some drivers throw a fit about it because they think they are getting robbed. I don't understand why.

I deliver to a lot of apartment buildings where there is no office...

Ring the buzzer for apt. 105...no answer? Infonotice NI1. Stop complete.

Ring the buzzer for apt. 306...no answer? Infonotice NI1. Stop complete.

Etc. Etc.

I can't leave the package without a signature in these cases.

If someone answers, of course get the sig, which is another Stop Complete.

I also deliver to apartment/condo buildings where there is an office and a clerk, in which case, sheet them all and get one signature.

It's the same situation as in an office-building where there's 10-15 stops for one address...sometimes they're broken down in EDD as separate stops, but not always.

Delivering 30+packages to 12 different locations at an office-building (even if it shows up in EDD as one address with 30 pkgs), will necessarily be 12 different stops.

Why would an apartment building be different?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When you sheet these stops up and deliver them, getting one sig at the office, they are actually completed as seperate stops. You would have to hit the duplicate stop key in order to make it appear as one stop.

That being said, if I walk to any apartment and leave a notice, that counts as a stop. It's not like I'm just going into the office and dumping a load of pkgs for them to sort through and to call each consignee to come get em, though some people try to get away with this.