Delivery and 3% raise

HomeDelivery

lucky you get yearly raises, along with other benefits that HD doesn't have.

i haven't got a raise in over 3 years or paid vacation or paid sick days

so you're really not allowed to use gps units while on the job?
-------------------------------------------------------------

sidenote: weird that i don't see any PT job postings at express lately (well only a few that are not close to my state); thought they were shifting over to PT couriers?

i'm not going to express with all those micro-managing & gap reports & OLCCs & scheduled timed-breaks... bah

at least w/ my contractor, he just gives me the keys to the package car & tells me which route # i'm doing for the day & that's it; i'm on my own for the rest of the day.

when are they going to enable text messaging on the scanners for HD?!? only Express & Ground has that CPC capability still?!?

serco

I wish they would stop messaging me on the scaner! Pretty annoying when your in a hurry trying to scan and a message locks the scanner.

vantexan

lucky you get yearly raises, along with other benefits that HD doesn't have.

i haven't got a raise in over 3 years or paid vacation or paid sick days

so you're really not allowed to use gps units while on the job?
-------------------------------------------------------------

sidenote: weird that i don't see any PT job postings at express lately (well only a few that are not close to my state); thought they were shifting over to PT couriers?

i'm not going to express with all those micro-managing & gap reports & OLCCs & scheduled timed-breaks... bah

at least w/ my contractor, he just gives me the keys to the package car & tells me which route # i'm doing for the day & that's it; i'm on my own for the rest of the day.

when are they going to enable text messaging on the scanners for HD?!? only Express & Ground has that CPC capability still?!?

I know couriers who use their own GPS but FedEx won't supply them. I look up on Google Maps sometimes but for a regular courier most streets will eventually be remembered on his rt so plugging in addresses on GPS is just slowing things down. A swing driver could definitely use one.

Still openings internally, just might not be hiring off the street now. As for the "plan", so far not the doomsday scenario that was being touted.

HomeDelivery

wrong again

i've been working with the same contractors/ temp agency

the temp agency tops out the temp seasonal drivers a mere $2.00 above base pay & i've already reached that a year ago

as with the contractors that value my service, i re-negotiated my stop-pay to give myself a raise 3 years ago...

but don't u worry, i'm already on my way out

good luck at your remainding years at Express as well!

HomeDelivery

haha, no problemo

we're all bending over for Mr Smith in one way or the other

you guys are getting paid more than me, but all those micro-managing tactics you put up with makes me sympathetic.

I can tolerate my contractors since they're more lenient & understanding than the fools at Express management & they understand my switch over to hourly pay during peak season