Delivery Attempt Codes

welovelogistics

What can brown do for you
What do some of these codes mean. Have had to sheet some packages as these and never really understood these terms that UPS uses and that plus thing that gets marked on certain packages with the codes in the upper left and I dont even know what gets marked in the other three areas. I know its a bunch of numbers and stuff.

COULDN'T ADL PLD DN ALLOW
NOT IN 1
NIB
NIO

What are some other attempt codes that are used besides these? Thx.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
They don't need the service crosses either as long as the driver did their job correctly and sheeted it properly. As soon as the clerk scans the package it should show all previous actions without him having to even look at the info written on the SC.

Exactly! My center manager ticked me off the other day with this. I came in and they were doing a check in audit. Center manager himself did mine and questioned me about a group 2 package. I told him that address is a business that moved and they get a package to their old address almost every day now to the point where the clerk automatically knows what's up. Anyway I sheeted it properly but didn't write 'moved' on it. He tries to get on my case about that. I go 'just scan it with your phone like you're doing with my send agains to see that it was sheeted properly. The word moved doesn't mean anything on a group 2. What's the clerk gonna do when they find the package in the exceptions area? He's gonna scan it, he's not worried about the word 'moved' written on it. Someone could write 'moved' on a no scan'.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
If it's MOVED,..did you remove the pkg. from your pkg car and give it to the PM clerk for an address correction ??

As soon as he finished his audit, yes I did. The way they do check in audits at my building is they stop you as soon as you pull into the building, before you park in your spot and before you remove anything to check your truck. So we don't get to take our group 2 packages to the clerk until after the audit.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As soon as he finished his audit, yes I did. The way they do check in audits at my building is they stop you as soon as you pull into the building, before you park in your spot and before you remove anything to check your truck. So we don't get to take our group 2 packages to the clerk until after the audit.
As long as you turn in your packages .. why waste time writing

What if the primary clerk is on vacation?

Fill out the service crosses properly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What do some of these codes mean. Have had to sheet some packages as these and never really understood these terms that UPS uses and that plus thing that gets marked on certain packages with the codes in the upper left and I dont even know what gets marked in the other three areas. I know its a bunch of numbers and stuff.

NOT IN 1
NIB
NIO

NIB means Not In Building, which is used for a package that was missorted to your building.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
We remove all clerk work, HV's and hazmats before we park the truck. Pull in building stop truck, remove above items, get back in truck and park in spot

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

NOT IN 1
NIB
NIO

Look, You're a split driver right? Just key in NSS, NS#, or NI1, like most of you guys do. The last thing you want is more headaches!