delivery stop question

NO ITS NOT Because YOU HAVE 15 STOPSAT APT COMPLEX 5 APTS RECIVE PKG 10 left they were not in you pre record all ten as your doing them then when you leave them at office they sign its 10 stops BUT remmeber if one othose 10 pkgs were a 3 pm saver it will come up late if you putthat one in prerecord with other 9 stops WHEN you have say a po boxes at a ups store thats ONE STOP IF yo do otherwise thats padding stops.

It has been my expierience that the delivery time shows the time you put stop in prerecord. But since the saver is a resi it doesn't really matter. You would put LA RES and after you hit stop complete hit 1 for residential. Resi's don't have a 3:00 commit.

rocket man

It has been my expierience that the delivery time shows the time you put stop in prerecord. But since the saver is a resi it doesn't really matter. You would put LA RES and after you hit stop complete hit 1 for residential. Resi's don't have a 3:00 commit.
What i meant was if you get the 10 stops signed for and 1 is a ressy saver , the apt office signed you put office that saver will come up late am i wrong?

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
What i meant was if you get the 10 stops signed for and 1 is a ressy saver , the apt office signed you put office that saver will come up late am i wrong?

You are wrong.:naive:

Notice that when you do a single package left/at, you get prompted twice as to whether it is business or residential. When you hit stop complete, you will get a prompt where you have to choose either business or residential. Once you make that choice, you get the other prompt that gives you 8 or 9 choices: Dock, Office, Front Desk, etc. It is that first prompt that determines whether the package is a scheduled business or resi delivery, and therefore whether the saver will be late after 3 pm.

If you are doing a left/at from the prerecord screen, that first prompt is replaced by the need to choose either LR or LC when you tag the package. You need to choose the LR so the DIAD knows it is a resi package and thus won't show as late, even if you get the sig and stop complete after the commit time.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You are wrong.:naive:

Notice that when you do a single package left/at, you get prompted twice as to whether it is business or residential. When you hit stop complete, you will get a prompt where you have to choose either business or residential. Once you make that choice, you get the other prompt that gives you 8 or 9 choices: Dock, Office, Front Desk, etc. It is that first prompt that determines whether the package is a scheduled business or resi delivery, and therefore whether the saver will be late after 3 pm.

If you are doing a left/at from the prerecord screen, that first prompt is replaced by the need to choose either LR or LC when you tag the package. You need to choose the LR so the DIAD knows it is a resi package and thus won't show as late, even if you get the sig and stop complete after the commit time.
That was good info, TR. I had a pkg the other day that was labeled Next Day Air but had an 02 in the barcode as opposed to 01. When would you deliver that one?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That was good info, TR. I had a pkg the other day that was labeled Next Day Air but had an 02 in the barcode as opposed to 01. When would you deliver that one?

When I was at that delivery stop.

j/k The pkg may have been upgraded along the way but if the 1Z has not been changed to reflect the upgrade then it is still a 2DA and delivered as such.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
When I was at that delivery stop.

j/k The pkg may have been upgraded along the way but if the 1Z has not been changed to reflect the upgrade then it is still a 2DA and delivered as such.
Iknow what you mean about upgraded. This is different. The actual label said next day air and it looked the same as any NDA except when you look at the barcode with an 02 in it in place of 01.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So there was a 1 for the icon but an 02 for the service code?
Yes! It was loaded by my loaded as a NDA but wasn't in my EDD with my air. I checked and it was listed as a 2day in EDD order. I delivered it as a regular 2day and there was no late screen. I just thought it was weird. Normally an upgraded pkg is self evident but not this one. Maybe it's a new scam. Use phtoshop and make a ground look like a next day to get the free upgraded service, even if it's not delivered by 10:30am.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
Yes! It was loaded by my loaded as a NDA but wasn't in my EDD with my air. I checked and it was listed as a 2day in EDD order. I delivered it as a regular 2day and there was no late screen. I just thought it was weird. Normally an upgraded pkg is self evident but not this one. Maybe it's a new scam. Use phtoshop and make a ground look like a next day to get the free upgraded service, even if it's not delivered by 10:30am.

I've never seen precisely that before. Occasionally I'll see an International Standard or Express Saver show up in EDD as an Express, and I normally don't notice it's a Standard until I am walking up to the stop, so I just go ahead and deliver it. In the example you mentioned I would probably do the same, since I normally wouldn't notice the barcode 02 until I was already delivering. If I caught it beforehand I wouldn't go out of my way to deliver as NDA.

Once I had a package that was listed in EDD as Saver. The label icon was 1P. I delivered after 10:30 but before 3:00, and it showed up as late. ***?! The code in the barcode was 13. Double ***?!! God's truth, that was what happened. I doubt if my supe believed me, but he was a good guy and didn't call me a liar to my face.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've never seen precisely that before. Occasionally I'll see an International Standard or Express Saver show up in EDD as an Express, and I normally don't notice it's a Standard until I am walking up to the stop, so I just go ahead and deliver it. In the example you mentioned I would probably do the same, since I normally wouldn't notice the barcode 02 until I was already delivering. If I caught it beforehand I wouldn't go out of my way to deliver as NDA.

Once I had a package that was listed in EDD as Saver. The label icon was 1P. I delivered after 10:30 but before 3:00, and it showed up as late. ***?! The code in the barcode was 13. Double ***?!! God's truth, that was what happened. I doubt if my supe believed me, but he was a good guy and didn't call me a liar to my face.

Raven, if you have something like that happen again ask the consignee if they need the label; if not, pull the label and show it to your on car. If they do want the label, ask if you can make a copy of it.

AssistantSanta

What about multiple building apartments?
Some have same address and units are labeled G125, E235(E bldg, 3rd floor rm 35)
Some assigns different street address for each building.

They all have one management office.

If you do each unit as single house stop complete, then put them all in "left at office", what will the consignee see when they enter InfoNotice online?

If I A125, D145, F223 were NIs and later taken to the office, is that one, three or four(3+ stopping at office) stops?
Some are obvious one stop only, like student housing that does not allow delivery personnel to go up to rooms.

menotyou

bella amicizia
What about multiple building apartments?
Some have same address and units are labeled G125, E235(E bldg, 3rd floor rm 35)
Some assigns different street address for each building.

They all have one management office.

If you do each unit as single house stop complete, then put them all in "left at office", what will the consignee see when they enter InfoNotice online?

If I A125, D145, F223 were NIs and later taken to the office, is that one, three or four(3+ stopping at office) stops?
Some are obvious one stop only, like student housing that does not allow delivery personnel to go up to rooms.
If the one attempt is made to the office, then it's one stop NI1. If you went to every door, then NI1 at every door. Make sure to add the apartment #. Then, they all count as individual stops. If you are leaving at the office because they aren't home, that's an alternate delivery. That's what they would see online.
Did I understand your question correctly?

AssistantSanta

If the one attempt is made to the office, then it's one stop NI1. If you went to every door, then NI1 at every door. Make sure to add the apartment #.
Try each and every apartment and those NIs get taken to manager's. Do I SC after each attempt?
What would the consignee see when they type in the InfoNotice # online?
Say I come by at their door at 2PM. I InfoNotice them. Do I have to scan each package for the second time to get them on "take to the manager list" and do I have to put apartment # in for that list as well?

Did I understand your question correctly?
I think so. . .

menotyou

bella amicizia
Try each and every apartment and those NIs get taken to manager's. Do I SC after each attempt?
What would the consignee see when they type in the InfoNotice # online?
Say I come by at their door at 2PM. I InfoNotice them. Do I have to scan each package for the second time to get them on "take to the manager list" and do I have to put apartment # in for that list as well?

I think so. . .
That's how I would do it. Every apartment is a different dwelling. I have never looked up an info notice, so I don't know. If you go to the building at all, ask an OMS(secretary). I have never dealt with a 'manager's list', so I don't know. The apartment building managers I dealt with, wouldn't accept those deliveries.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let's take the original question a little farther. What about multiple consignees at the same apartment?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Say you have 2 packages....one each for 2 different consignees at the same apartment. Though it rarely happens, one of the consignees does not want to sign for the other package and take responsibility for it if the other is not present.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Say you have 2 packages....one each for 2 different consignees at the same apartment. Though it rarely happens, one of the consignees does not want to sign for the other package and take responsibility for it if the other is not present.
MC - lover spat

AssistantSanta

It's fairly common near college campuses. I haven't had driver tell me anything.
If I get three packages, one for P.Jones, A.Ericson and T.Smirnov going to the same house, I'll just have whoever answer the door sign for it. So, if P.Jones girlfriend answers the door and says she's not signing package for Smirnov, I'll just void that one out, have her sign for the other two and put in her name.

I'll sheet up Smirnov's pack as NI1 and InfoNotice him.