dell account

P

proups

over9five: you are missing my point. The day you key them itno the DIAD, remember to ask your manager to get the AE to come in and talk to you about the lead.

When the AE comes to the driver, the driver can gauge how well they know the area. You might be able to help them get us some additional volume.

The earlier post where upsdude said that his manager made the point that drivers are on the street more than the AEs will really come to light in the discussion you have with the AE.

There is nothing wrong with you educating the AE about what he/she needs to do to gain volume in your delivery area. If the AE won't listen, or isn't cooperative, then go back to your manager. We don't need that kind of AE on the street!

O

over9five

I have a customer on my route that ships 200 - 300 air letters a day with the competition. I did the DIAD lead, then told my sup. He left a message for the AE 3 weeks ago, we still havent heard back from him.
Proups, I HAVE one of those AEs we dont need! It just boggles my mind that they dont want to bid on this kind of volume, hence my disgust with the whole Sales Lead process.

T

tieguy

Over 9.5 please don't give up on us. If you have to knock on the manager and divison managers door every day please don't give up. Only by your holding us accountable will we get those kinds of problems fixed.

K

kidlogic

Tieguy is right you have to follow up on those leads. At our center there is book that shows the lead and what is the result. I turned in a lead once and got a paper saying that there was no volume to be gained. That day at the pickup through me talking to the customer We got 125 nextday air letters. Give the phone center first shot and if they fail then you got to ask the sales reps. to call themseles.
But I do understand your frustration. UPS managment when it comes to sales leads violates the most important rule of managment. Never show the workers you care less about the quality and well being of the company then you. Because in the end the worker will almost always care one notch less the managment.

A

antimatter

"Over 9.5 please don't give up on us. If you have to knock on the manager and divison managers door every day please don't give up. Only by your holding us accountable will we get those kinds of problems fixed."

If I did my job the way our AE does his, I'd get fired. I too have had to 'remind" folks to get out and talk to my customers after leads have been turned in. As a package driver, I have PLENTY to do and still made time for sales leads. Not any more though. I became too disgusted having to kick-start some lazy AE into doing his job. This seems to be a common problem in our building.

Is this true everywhere?

A

B

bigjakeups

This thread has meandered from the Dell account to sales leads but...

Everyone I talk to thinks that we'll have Dell back again before too long. Fedex Ground isn't building capacity fast enough to handle the additional volume. Throw in the disparity between Fedex's service quality and ours, and you're looking at problems down the road from Dell.

Dell is super-profitable from its ability to squeeze pennies from the production process and hold down inventories. They don't have customer loyalty because they use cheap shipping services. The final customer pays the shipping costs. If and when Fedex Ground can't deliver the goods, it becomes Dell's problem.

From a prestige standpoint, this is a good account to have, even if the profit per piece is low. They'll be back.