Democrat Congress On Iraq War Funding?

av8torntn

"House Democrats are poised to approve at least $170 billion in new war funding early next month "

What? How could this be? Are they trying to say when they claimed if they got the majority they would end the war, and clean house?

"Such a move would clear war funding from the congressional agenda until well into the next administration."

Oh I get it now they understand they will lose the Presidential election again if they are see as wanting to send our military to war but not provide beans and bullets.

"You vote one time and get the money out of the way," said Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., chairman of the House panel responsible for the Pentagon budget.

Wasn't this guy the spineless wonder telling us the war was lost? Why fund a war that is lost?

Bad Gas!

Tough political times...Worse rated president-Bush...Worse rated Congress-democratic-controlled...Worse losing presendential choices...Kerry and Gore..
Now look what we we get this year...Not much improvement on the horizen..

Bad Gas!

NBA, NHL OR NFL?

have been accused of spousal abuse

have been arrested for fraud

have been accused of writing bad checks

have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3have done time for assault

repeat
cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

have been arrested on drug-related charges

have been arrested for shoplifting

currently

are defendants in lawsuits

and

have been arrested for drunk driving

in
the last year

Can
you guess which organization this is?

NBA, NHL or NFL
?

Give
up yet? . . .

Scroll down,

NONE,
it's the 535
members of
the
United StatesCongress.
The same group
of idiots

that crank out
hundreds of new laws
each year
designed to keep

wkmac

Well said in both posts Bad Gas!

Jones,

As for the girl, I can't decide if she is Hillary or Pelosi!
:happy-very:

diesel96

Tough political times...Worse rated president-Bush...Worse rated Congress-democratic-controlled...Worse losing presendential choices...Kerry and Gore..
Now look what we we get this year...Not much improvement on the horizen..

One tidbid of both Bush's opponents in the past two presidential elections----Gore and Kerry----volunteered to go to Vietman yet each lost controversial elections because they both were portrayed as effeminate, soft, elitists cowards.....
However, the Bush and Cheney lives were completely devoid of any acts of authentic courage or toughness or the traditional masculine and moral virtues yet these manipulative psychological and cultural marketing tactics of the Republican slime machine rolled over reality and infected the entire media narrative, as it has continuously has for years. As millions of Americans who oppose the defining Republican beliefs nonetheless voted for Bush and Cheney because of the character mythology of upstanding tough guy versus the sniveling cowards. Ironically John McCain, who actually do had a life that exhibit these qualities of warrior courage, end up being rejected and depised by the hard right base. Go figure.

av8torntn

I'm not sure what your point is here but thanks for the link.

These are some interesting things I found in your article.

"FACT: After becoming combat qualified in ANG F102s, Lt. Bush flew just 22 months."

I'm not an Air Force guy but if you are saying that the F102 is not a fighter you can surely understand why I would think otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/friend-102_Delta_Dagger

FACT: On August 1, 1972, ANG Major General Francis Greenlief grounded him for failing
to take hisrequired annual USAF medical exam.

Again since I am not an Air Force guy why would you be grounded if you are not a pilot. I may just have misunderstood this term.

They even have a picture of him in the cockpit of the aircraft. :happy2: I think it was you who said they had a child in the Air Force so I only guess that the F102 is not a fighter? Maybe the correct term is interceptor pilot? Of course that would leave the question of what they do once they intercept. Maybe fight.

Not so sure why I would be weeping but am sure you will be glad to explain.

av8torntn

Again diesel I thought that if you flew a plane that would mean you were the pilot and I also thought that an interceptor was a fighter jet. So the term fighter pilot would seem to apply but I am not very well versed on Air Force lingo.

Edit: If calling an interceptor pilot a fighter is offensive to any AF guys on here I really did not know better. So no need to pile on.

diesel96

Again diesel I thought that if you flew a plane that would mean you were the pilot and I also thought that an interceptor was a fighter jet. So the term fighter pilot would seem to apply but I am not very well versed on Air Force lingo.

Edit: If calling an interceptor pilot a fighter is offensive to any AF guys on here I really did not know better. So no need to pile on.
Your point is well taken AV8, and give Bush credit, he "spent two years on active duty.He served 18 months on active duty, not 24. Of those, 13 months were spent in
basic training and USAF flight school, NONE of it flying F102s. It was his piling on to his Bio that is getting questioned here.
Because of personal problems, such as excessive drinking, poor airmanship and a
reported fear of flying, he quit interceptors in April 1972. The self-grounding left him 30 months short of the asserted six-year period, which he had promised to complete under his sworn Guard obligation as a pilot who received flight training costing over a MILLION dollars.

av8torntn

Your point is well taken AV8, and give Bush credit, he "spent two years on active duty.He served 18 months on active duty, not 24. Of those, 13 months were spent in
basic training and USAF flight school, NONE of it flying F102s. It was his piling on to his Bio that is getting questioned here.
Because of personal problems, such as excessive drinking, poor airmanship and a
reported fear of flying, he quit interceptors in April 1972. The self-grounding left him 30 months short of the asserted six-year period, which he had promised to complete under his sworn Guard obligation as a pilot who received flight training costing over a MILLION dollars.

Oh ok. I thought maybe you were trying to claim that he was not a pilot or something. I thought it was a little odd that you linked to a website saying he was a pilot but you have confused me before. :laughing: