Democrat Pollsters Now Asking For Hope and Change

wkmac

President Obama should abandon his run for a second term and turn over the reins of the Democratic Party to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, two one-time Democratic pollsters wrote in Monday's Wall Street Journal, which appeared online Sunday.

Patrick H. Caddell and Douglas E. Schoen argued that just as Harry Truman and Lyndon Johnson decided not to pursue additional runs though they could have, Obama should do the same.

Democratic Pollsters: Obama Should Abandon Run for Second Term

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh boy, Pat Caddell and Doug Shoen? The two biggest sellouts to the dems on foxed spews and we are suppose to take them seriously?

They both havent been involved with the democrats in years.

FOXED SPEWS has gone to no ends to pull "HAS BEENS" out of the dem graveyard.

Look at their wonderful democrat talking heads

1) Dick Morris
2) Pat Cadell
3) Doug Shoen
4) Bob Beckel

When was the last time any one of these morons was working for a major democrat?

Answer? YEARS.

Why bother with these buffoons.. OBAMA supporters arent changing their minds. We know that it took 8 years of BUSH to screw up this country, and three years isnt enough time to fix it. We will hang on to OBAMA and get rid of the republican controlled house. With only 10% of the american publics support, it shouldnt be that hard to kick the republicans out of the house.

You should worry more about that then worry about OBAMA.

Peace.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We got a call from somebody doing a poll a couple of weeks ago. I was at work, so my wife agreed to "take a ten minute poll". The first question was "On a scale of one to five, with one being poor and five being good, how do you rate the President's handling of the economy"? My wife said "one", and the "poll" was suddenly over after one answer. I guess she answered wrong.

wkmac

We got a call from somebody doing a poll a couple of weeks ago. I was at work, so my wife agreed to "take a ten minute poll". The first question was "On a scale of one to five, with one being poor and five being good, how do you rate the President's handling of the economy"? My wife said "one", and the "poll" was suddenly over after one answer. I guess she answered wrong.

I get called for polls very rarely because this is how is typically goes.

"Hello Sir, blah, blah, blah, We'd like your opinion.
1st question Are you a republican or democrat (or some question to determine that)
Answer: I don't vote for republicans or democrats under any circumstance.
Poll taker: Well good day sir and thank you for your time."

They aren't interested in opinions, they are only interested within a certain framework and IMO to drive an outcome. Most polls IMO are not about getting your opinion but instead to measure the level of saturation of their own media for public consumption. If polls show the saturation has been effective in getting out a certain narrative based on poll answers then they know in effect it worked. If the results show the narrative as not effective, they re-enforce the message or change it but the ulterior motive is still not what it would seem. This is also why most pollsters are of a certain slant, democrat pollsters, republican pollsters, right, left, yes even libertarian and most all are to drive an outcome.

I posted what I did mainly for the fun of mullet fishing for TOS and I hooked him on the first strike but I do agree this poll just like so many are very skewed. TOS has a good point in that regard. Even many of these straw polls I question because it's not a measure of the broader public but rather it's how effective a given campaign is able to move it's volunteers to load the voting results. That just measures how active a given campaign's volunteers are instead of what the overall public is thinking.

I'm in agreement with the late comedian Bill Hicks in that I'd like to see all marketing people go off somewhere and just die. OK beyond such absurdity stop taking part in any poll, decline or refuse to take part. Don't grease the very skids they use to then manipulate us with. If you do take part, lie and I mean lie big time. Tell them whoppers but sell it as truth. Skew them back.

Stop being marketing pawns!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I answer the phone, say hello to a dead line. Person pops on and says "hello". I say, "I was here. Where were you?" and I hang up!

When asked if I will take a poll, I just say, NO. and hang up. One day I received three calls on pols, don't know if they were the same or not...didn't matter. the answer is still NO.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If people are all hanging up or saying no to polls.......makes you wonder how accurate any of the polls could possibly be when only the lonely, possibly inebriated people are answering them......and Klein isn't even a citizen!

wkmac

I know this will never happen but I'd like to see a kind of truth in advertising in that in any given polls results, they list what % of people surveyed refused to even take part. What would you think for example of a poll where say 40% of all those called said no or refused to take part? Or even 20%? Would that in anyone's mind skew the results or make you seriously question the accuracy of what is being said?

TOS is right to seriously question a poll coming out from Fox but I'd go one step further to seriously question any poll in portraying accurately what the larger public is really thinking. Also most poll questions are skewed to try and get you to answer a certain way in order to obtain a certain outcome.

This is purely a fictional example:

"Are you republican or democrat?"

80% of those called answered republican.

"Would you like to see the federal gov't operate under a balanced budget?"

Those 80% also answer yes!

Result: Vast majority of republican voters support a balanced budget amendment.

It would/could also be assumed that democrats are therefore opposed to balanced budgets however I've yet to ever talk with one person who calls themselves a democrat who actually wants and advocates an unbalanced budget. The specifics of any given budget may differ but so far I've yet to find anyone (and I'm talking regular folk here) who doesn't want gov't to operate from a balanced budget. The fictional poll above would therefore if one used rational thought would be completely skewed and therefore an obvious manipulation of the reality of facts.

Talk to marketing people about polls and many of them will tell you this is how it works. Google Edward Bernays and Walter Lippman and how people like them wrote the book on manufacturing consent.

[video=youtube;OJuqoDvyXOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJuqoDvyXOk[/video]

[video=youtube;V0OrT-8gXMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0OrT-8gXMs[/video]