Democratic National Convention

moreluck

golden ticket member
Charlotte Convention Center, one of three venues of the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
Charlotte, N.C. Sept 4-6
One of the other venues was TimeWarner Cable Arena.....didn't find the third venue.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That'll be my assignment....to pay attention to the wide shots to see if it's filled.

The Tampa Convention center was packed !! I hear Hillary is skipping it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That'll be my assignment....to pay attention to the wide shots to see if it's filled.

The Tampa Convention center was packed !! I hear Hillary is skipping it.

It wasnt PACKED, behind the stage all the way up was empty... geez... what were you watching?

peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
2012 Democratic National Convention Schedule -- Charlotte, N.C.
  • 4:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony - sponsored by CNN
  • 4:05 PM - Singing of "gosh darn America" led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
  • 4:10 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to Obama.
  • 4:15 PM - Ceremonial 'I hate America' led by Michelle Obama.
  • 4:30 PM - Tips on "How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world" - Hillary Clinton
  • 4:45 PM - Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson seminar "How to have a successful career without having a job."
  • 5:00 PM - "Great Vacations I've Taken on the Taxpayer's Dime Travel Log" - Michelle Obama.
  • 5:30 PM - Eliot Spitzer Speaks on "Family Values" via Satellite
  • 5:45 PM - Tribute to All 57 States - Nancy Pelosi
  • 6:00 PM - Sen. Harry Reid - 90-minute speech expressing the Democrat's appreciation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and George Soros for sparing no expense, for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment and to boost the economy.
  • 8:30 PM - Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
  • 9:00 PM - "Bias in Media - How we can make it work for you" Tutorial - sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times
  • 9:15 PM - Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO - Michael Moore
  • 9:45 PM - Personal Finance Seminar - Charlie Rangel
  • 10:00 PM - Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers.
  • 10:30 PM - Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
  • 11:00 PM - Obama Energy Plan Symposium/Tire Gauge Demonstration/You too can get rich with Green Investment bankruptcies
  • 11:15 PM - Free Gov. Blagovich rally
  • 11:30 PM - Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
  • 11:45 PM - Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish Obama Presiding
  • 12:00 AM - Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris "He sends a thrill up my leg" Matthews
  • 12:01 AM - Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
  • 12:05 AM - Celestial Choirs Sing
  • 3:00 AM - Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
2012 Democratic National Convention Schedule -- Charlotte, N.C.
  • 4:00 PM - Opening Flag Burning Ceremony - sponsored by CNN
  • 4:05 PM - Singing of "gosh darn America" led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
  • 4:10 PM - Pledge of Allegiance to Obama.
  • 4:15 PM - Ceremonial 'I hate America' led by Michelle Obama.
  • 4:30 PM - Tips on "How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world" - Hillary Clinton
  • 4:45 PM - Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson seminar "How to have a successful career without having a job."
  • 5:00 PM - "Great Vacations I've Taken on the Taxpayer's Dime Travel Log" - Michelle Obama.
  • 5:30 PM - Eliot Spitzer Speaks on "Family Values" via Satellite
  • 5:45 PM - Tribute to All 57 States - Nancy Pelosi
  • 6:00 PM - Sen. Harry Reid - 90-minute speech expressing the Democrat's appreciation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and George Soros for sparing no expense, for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment and to boost the economy.
  • 8:30 PM - Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
  • 9:00 PM - "Bias in Media - How we can make it work for you" Tutorial - sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times
  • 9:15 PM - Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO - Michael Moore
  • 9:45 PM - Personal Finance Seminar - Charlie Rangel
  • 10:00 PM - Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers.
  • 10:30 PM - Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
  • 11:00 PM - Obama Energy Plan Symposium/Tire Gauge Demonstration/You too can get rich with Green Investment bankruptcies
  • 11:15 PM - Free Gov. Blagovich rally
  • 11:25 PM - TOS is a :censored2: party.
  • 11:30 PM - Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
  • 11:45 PM - Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish Obama Presiding
  • 12:00 AM - Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris "He sends a thrill up my leg" Matthews
  • 12:01 AM - Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
  • 12:05 AM - Celestial Choirs Sing
  • 3:00 AM - Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Who cares about the DNC Convention? Its going to be all the same excuses we have been hearing about why things are not any better now. An imaginary "War on Women" that the Democrats invented. I ride around all day at work looking at empty foreclosed houses. I have two sons who can't get jobs after going to college, so they moved back home. My house and retirement savings have lost value. The price of everything has gone up. I'm not better off than I was four years ago, its time for somebody new that actually has leadership skills.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It wasnt PACKED, behind the stage all the way up was empty... geez... what were you watching?

peace

TOS
It was filled to capacity............several networks said so. Capacity is all seating available to public. Reserved areas are for special...like press. You really dig & claw for the dirt....you're like a pig looking for trufles.

island1fox

:wink2:As an Independent I watched the RNC and will also watch all of the Democrat convention.

I honestly did not need to hear Eastwod and I hope I do not hear about Longoria and Fluke crying about free contraception while millions of Americans are out of work.

President Obama must convince me that he will be doing things much differently during the next four years.

The same old blame rhetoric and war on everybody talking points are way too played out.

Since He and Holder have made the decision to prosecute NO-ONE over the housing collapse even with Congress recommending they do so after many hearings --I do not need to know how we got here ------Just want to hear the leadership solutions. I am sure Turbo Tim and Larry Sumner and the crew working for Obama from Goldman Sachs are very relieved !!

I believe we will not hear them.

If he care about the middle class --how can he force the largest tax hike in History on them ? He crows about your children staying on your health care plan until they are 26.
Wake up !! At 27 if they do not BUY health care at thousands of dollars per year --they are subject to fine or IMPRISONMENT !!!!!

As Braveheart once said: "FREEDOM "

moreluck

golden ticket member
I will watch but only according to the time schedule and who's on. If it's time to sleep, I'll make sure I watch Harry Reid.
The big list of speakers is a 'who's not list'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Maybe AMTRAK has a few locos they can lend..................

HaHa. Did you know that the only public transportation that many rural communities receive is via Amtrak? If you killed it, a lot of your fellow conservatives would be whining that Big Government took away their choo-choo.

av8torntn

HaHa. Did you know that the only public transportation that many rural communities receive is via Amtrak? If you killed it, a lot of your fellow conservatives would be whining that Big Government took away their choo-choo.

I've ridden the "train to New Orleans" and they need to work on the air conditioning.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Just a tad creepy.

HT: Citizen Journalist
Update: Feel good story of the day.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A torrential downpour that struck Charlotte Saturday afternoon damaged the Mount Rushmore-style sand sculpture bust of President Obama — an ominous beginning to what many fear is a plagued convention.
Workers were trying Saturday afternoon to reform the base of the sculpture, built from sand brought in from Myrtle Beach, S.C., pounding and smoothing out the sand that had washed off the facade of the waist-up rendering of the chief executive.

The sand sculpture was protected from above, and Mr. Obama’s face didn’t see too much damage. But the storm was so strong that its heavy winds blew the rain sideways, pelting the president’s right side and leaving the sand pockmarked and completely erasing his right elbow.

Democrats’ choice of Charlotte has drawn criticism from unions who don’t like North Carolina’s labor laws, and the state seems to be tilting away from Democrats politically.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
NEWS FLASH..................

Be prepared to see a speaker at the DNC on Wednesday at 5 pm. who will out perform Clint Eastwood.
You will be asking yourselves just what language is he speaking ?

Get ready , for this will be a classic showing for Boston's Mayor Thomas M. Menino.

{also known locally as Mumbles}