Democratic National Convention

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PS ANN Romney is an amateur.
I think Michelles speech was fine, but went on too long, as did Romneys. I think more is less. I think that I need to know less how wonderful they are as husbands and fathers, that is already established.
I need to know what they are prepared to do to help this country. And what they are qualified to do, their experience, their education, their past record. Those should be short speeches.

I personally don't understand why anybody would watch either ... that's just me I guess.

I watched about 20 minutes of the RNC and I will be surprised if I watch that much of the DNC.

It's all a bunch of lies and generally bullzit.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama's answer to what he would grade himself ....he said "incomplete". I take that to mean that he thinks his policies of the past 4 yrs. are okay and just needs more time. I think he's wrong. I can't see throwing endless taxpayer money on the Solyndras of the country.

I saw Debbie Wasserman Shultz bring down the gavel and immediately turned to Big Bang re-runs.....scorched ears! Plus, she lies, er, I mean, she misrepresents.
Israeli official denies calling GOP 'dangerous' as DNC says quote was 'misrepresented' | Fox News
I am curious about Clinton...he has not turned in his speech for vetting yet.

It's really hard to pinpoint someones's appearance because the schedule is very loose. Like the Obama style of ruling.

I read the news stories online the next day.

The Dems. were yelling about Paul Ryan lying according to fact check and now fact check was wrong and Ryan was accurate. I guess you have to fact check the Factcheck.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Let's do the math President's before Bush 5 Trillion
Bush 5.6 (2 terms)
Obama 5.4 (1 Term) some interest ok
=16 Trillion
Conclusion all the bull sh-t and it hasn't gotten any better
So do we give this guy and his party another 4 years or is it time for a change ? Has it gotten any better for you in the last 4 years ?
PS I wasn't in love with Bush either,but this guy has to go.

A few questions come to mind Stewie, but first, let me say that "personally" I am doing better than i was 4 years ago. During the last 2 years of BUSH, UPS cut 3 routes out of my loop and I had to absorb the remaining work because it was so slow. My mileage went through the roof but I had to cover all those areas. This continued until the middle of 2009 when business started to pick up, one car was added. UPS continued to grow and today, we added not only all those cars back online, but added three more routes because its soo busy.

Yes, we are better off today than where "we" took the country from BUSH.

All the corporations on Wall Street are better off today than 4 years ago, all the traders especially commodities traders are better off today than they were 4 years ago, the banking industry is better off today than it was 4 years ago, our military is better off today than it was 4 years ago, our roads are better off today than they were 4 years ago, our heathcare system is better off today than it was 4 years ago, our foriegn policy is better off today than it was 4 years ago, our countries reputation is better off today than it was 4 years ago.

The list goes on and on.

Sure, isnt all fixed yet, but it took 8 years of BUSH to destroy it, and 3 years surely isnt long enough to fix the whole problem.

25 years of exporting jobs out of the country is haunting this country today, this was a slow but predictable problem. Many people tried to complain, but the party in POWER aka the Republicans, kept telling americans that trade deals like NAFTA were going to be great for america. Well, how did that work out for us??

China makes everything we buy and that alone should make every american stop and do something about it, like STOP buying the products.

America first? It means nothing to the GOP. If it did, they wouldnt try so hard to push business to foreign countries.

Are we better off today than 4 years ago? Sure, one USELESS war was ended, and another one coming to an end. These two wars destroyed our economy and the sooner we end them, the faster we can get back to being a better country. If the GOP had won in 2008, like McCain said, "we could be in Iraq for a hundred years".

One thing at a time bro. Obama didnt create the housing mess and at least for now the bleeding isnt massive. Obama didnt create the domestic auto crash, but he fixed it. Ford and GM are once again selling cars worldwide and taking leadership positions.

Last month was the best month for domestic car sales since 2009.

Interest rates are LOW, in fact record LOWS. Pensions and investments are WAY better on wall street today vs. the destruction of both during the BUSH administration.

With BUSH losing 11 million jobs in 8 years, what did you expect president OBAMA to do in 3 years to replace them? The best we as a nation can do is fix the infrastructure first, our banking system next, wall street, the housing market and the employment sectors.

You have to have DEMAND for businesses to grow, without demand you will have shrinkage. The fastest way to spark demand is to put more middle class people to work and those jobs are police, fire, nurses and school teachers. These are public sector jobs, but its the types of jobs that sparks home buying, car buying and descresionary spending.

From there, the middle class grows as small business thrives from these sectors. That sparks growth , job creation and hiring.

Its a simple concept.

For me, I would rather be in a situation where our GDP is in the positive each quarter vs the negative ( recession) where BUSH had us. I would rather be in a situation where we are not losing 750 thousand jobs a month like BUSH was, I would rather be in a situation where the goverment helps homeowners stay in homes vs handing the banks loads of cash to put in their pockets. I would rather be in a situation where we are not losing 250 soldiers a month like BUSH was. I would rather be in a situation where the president is actually taking out the bad guys in countries that actually sponsor terrorism and not wasting trillions of dollars nation building in countries that had NOTHING to do with 911.

Yes, we are better off today than we were 4 years ago.

With President OBAMA, a second term and re taking control of the house will only make this a stronger country.

peace

TOS

brett636

So tell me TOS, why can't Obama run commercials similar to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-IBF8nwSY

Look at that, no negativity, verifiable economic facts that the general public is enjoying every single day. Reagan went on to win in a landslide winning 49 of 50 states. That is what real leadership can accomplish. Obama is not real leadership, he is a real disgrace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They just changed their platform....they put 'God' back in and now say 'Jerusalem' IS the cap. of Israel.............you know like what Romney said in Isael when he was there and the Dems put him down for it.??

If you are Jewish, what does this do to your intentions of voting for Obama? Makes them look wishy-washy to me.

It makes them look like a dis-organized organization.......at the RNC, everything was smooh like someone managed it properly...just sayin'.

island1fox

Hold on now ---Who said "flipfloppers"???????

As TOS would say --just pandering to groups for re-election purposes. Not what they truly believe or what they truly want to say --just re-acting to public uproar .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hold on now ---Who said "flipfloppers"???????

As TOS would say --just pandering to groups for re-election purposes. Not what they truly believe or what they truly want to say --just re-acting to public uproar .

I like 'wishy-washy' because they don't have the courage of their convictions and bend to media pressure. Obama had his hand in changing it........didn't he check on them when they were writing this year's? Apparently he delegated and ran to fundraisers. Now his incompleteness is coming back to haunt him.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I heard Cleaver speak some......he said there is unity in the party......how do you figure when there are Black Americans for Obama, Hispanics for Obama, Women for Obama.....everything but 'whites for Obama. How is that unity?? I didn't make those up...they were on his site.

Here's the list...

[h=2]Our groups are made up of supporters
organizing around the issues they care about.
[/h]As a member of a group, you’ll be connected with an online and offline community of people passionate about re-electing President Obama. Pick one (or a few) to join today.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As TOS would say --just pandering to groups for re-election purposes.

This was one of the best parts of the movie "The Campaign". Candidate Will Ferrell would openly pander to whatever group he happened to be with at the moment, saying that they were "the backbone of America". The last group was a bunch of carnies standing in front of a Tilt-A-Whirl.

moreluck, did you happen to see "Elitists for Romney" on the list?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just caught Trumka.....he said Mitt Romney said last week that we didn't build that.....and he said yes we did.....and the crowd cheered wildly. Don't any of them remember that it was Obama who said You didn't build that ??? How soon they forget when they are distracted.

To answer Dave's question.....if you've ever read anything I've written....I don't go to movies at all!!! I do Redbox....and at $1.29, I'm never disapponted.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pelosi was on 4:20.......no one in Californa was home from work yet!!!

Does that mean that only the jobless were hearing her talk about Obama making 4.5 millon private sector jobs?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Heard Cecile Richards pres. of Planned Parenthood...lied a couple of times. She said Romney wants to get rid of Planned Parenthood.....when he wants to get rid of taxpayer funding to Planned Parenthood. . . big difference.
A lot of sob stories from different women or different stories.

So misleading.

moreluck

golden ticket member
An intereting thing to do would be go to fact check and see the non facts from the RNC and then check the DNC and see how many they had.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Everybody cheered when the guy from CostCo was on. He said he had like 116,000 workers. I wonder how the audience would've reacted if he said most of them were not union??
About 15,000 are UAW.