Democrats attempt to renew assault weapons ban. Truth about H.R.1022

UPSShooter

Have any of you ever had anyone say anything regarding guns in your car in the UPS parking lot? I have a concealed carry permit, have carried for years. However some at UPS interpret the "no weapons in the facilities" rule to also apply to my vehicle. I can't keep a firearm for my personal protection on the way to work and the way home without storing it in my car while I'm at work. Any comments?

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Have any of you ever had anyone say anything regarding guns in your car in the UPS parking lot? I have a concealed carry permit, have carried for years. However some at UPS interpret the "no weapons in the facilities" rule to also apply to my vehicle. I can't keep a firearm for my personal protection on the way to work and the way home without storing it in my car while I'm at work. Any comments?

I think UPS' view is consistent with what you've been told. However, I don't agree with this because I believe your vehicle is your property no matter where it's parked. As long as you have permission to be parked there and I would consider your employment status with the company sufficient permission. If they didn't trust you why would they hire you?

Now if the firearm was to leave the confines of your vehicle, then I think that should fall under their "no weapons in the facilities" rule and should be grounds for termination.
JMHO