demonstration

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was watching some clips of the demonstration that closed the Brooklyn Bridge. I saw a big sign that read...."Occupy Everything" !
What in the hell does that even mean?

Do the demonstrators even realize that they blocked a bridge used by rich & poor alike to get to work ?

Do they realize that even mom & pop's 401 or savings revolve around the stock market.? Wall street isn't just rich cats, it's average folks both blue & white collar. Your union's pensions may be invested into stocks. Most everybody can be connected to Wall Street.

The demonstrators are fools and I hear their activity is spreading to Canada too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
This is the manifesto of their 13 demands...............

And they’re all very reasonable, like a $20 minimum wage, open borders and a free college education for everyone . . . errrr, maybe NOT!.

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Another bunch of hippie wanna bees. Just want to lay around and camp and play guitar, dont even know what they are protesting. Some have been there for 3 weeks, can we say REEK?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've heard that they demand less government interference while at the same time demanding a larger governmental presents, and that they demand bhos stay in office for another 4 yrs.

Well they can demand all they want, but little will change since most of them never vote.

And those that do , can not understand that bhos is a partner with Wall Street. So bottom line is that their protests are meaningless.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
ps. when the winter sets in and their little tents start to be blown around, these hippies will be gone.
And again for what ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've listened to several interviews of these people demonstrating. OMG ! Most don't know why they are there. One guy with a guitar admitted he didn't know what the protest was about, but for the first time he was feeling hope for America.

It's like, "Excuse me please, we are trying to get to our job!" They are blocking the normal people from going about their daily grind. What a bunch of losers!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Here we see a young revolutionary protesting in favor of Mercedes-Benz:
peace-sign-protestor.jpg

If you venture into the revolution, don’t forget to bring an air freshener:
revolutionary-air-freshener.jpg

6207861459_dbc1970289.jpg
Dude could lose that dollar too in NYC.

6207901883_9e60c8d6ab.jpg
And if you forgot your sign, just find a matching sentiment in the pile…like greeting cards

6208412578_af0fe599c4.jpg
The Daily Schedule

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wow!!! I saw other interviews also and some looked like they had just ate space cookies. This is the total opposite of the Tea Party which demonstrate peacefully while these jackasses cause disruptions and get arrested. The face of young Liberals.
Not to mention we clean up after ourselves, and clean ourselves. I think they should build a wall around wall st, and set up Wall st somewhere else. Let these weenies know what it is really like to be cold and hungry, with no way out, then they will learn to like the rich people, who provide jobs, and workplaces, so they dont have to freeze their weinies off in NYC January. And then we would be like 3000 less of these idiots who know absolutely nothing, its just like a rock concert, with no band. Eventually I would leave, wouldnt you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cain To Occupiers: “Don’t Blame Wall Street, If You Don’t Have a Job And You’re Not Rich, Blame Yourself”… Cain nails it.
Filthy hippie

(The Hill) — Herman Cain said that he believed the ongoing Occupy Wall Street protests were “orchestrated” to help president Obama, and denounced the protesters during an interview published by the Wall Street Journal Wednesday.

“I don’t have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration,” Cain said.

Cain also had little sympathy for the message of the protesters, who have generally been complaining about income disparity within the United States. Nearly 1,000 protesters were arrested over the weekend on the Brooklyn Bridge, and protests similar to those in Lower Manhattan have sprung up nationwide.

“Don’t blame Wall Street, don’t blame the big banks, if you don’t have a job and you’re not rich, blame yourself. . . It is not a person’s fault if they succeeded, it is a person’s fault if they failed,” Cain said.

klein

Für Meno :)
Cain To Occupiers: “Don’t Blame Wall Street, If You Don’t Have a Job And You’re Not Rich, Blame Yourself”…

Cain nails it.
Filthy hippie
(The Hill) — Herman Cain said that he believed the ongoing Occupy Wall Street protests were “orchestrated” to help president Obama, and denounced the protesters during an interview published by the Wall Street Journal Wednesday.

“I don’t have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration,” Cain said.

Cain also had little sympathy for the message of the protesters, who have generally been complaining about income disparity within the United States. Nearly 1,000 protesters were arrested over the weekend on the Brooklyn Bridge, and protests similar to those in Lower Manhattan have sprung up nationwide.

“Don’t blame Wall Street, don’t blame the big banks, if you don’t have a job and you’re not rich, blame yourself. . . It is not a person’s fault if they succeeded, it is a person’s fault if they failed,” Cain said.

Good bye Cain, now he lost any hope, if he had any, to get elected !

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, Cain has this one right.
These demonstrators, as I've demonstrated in past posts, don't even know why they are even there. They don't realize that even little guys are tied to Wall Street.
Their parents who are paying for the education probably have $$$ involved in the stock market and these kids are screaming for a failure......that would wipe out their parents, throw their asses out of school. They are not even thinking.
Then when I heard Michael Moore, Whoopie Goldberg and Dennis K. in Cleveland were all gung ho about this rally I knew then that I was anti rally!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Sorry, Moreluck - you and Cain lose.
No one wants to work for Wall Street, including most UPSers on here.

They would love the company to succeed, but atleast let the company and thier employees benefit from it, and not outsiders that dictate the company.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sorry, Moreluck - you and Cain lose.
No one wants to work for Wall Street, including most UPSers on here.

They would love the company to succeed, but atleast let the company and thier employees benefit from it, and not outsiders that dictate the company.
So, us , as shareholders are outsiders...........you're wrong!!