Denial of Signature: Better luck next time dummy.

Marne Vet

Again, this story is not one of your better efforts.

You have no right to ask for their ID or write their license number in the remarks. The only time I can remember being directed to ask for photo ID is when we delivered tickets to the Woodstock concert.

Incorrect. I've had 7 center manager's all agree with this procedure, and it not only cuts down on theft, but just the hassle alone has had people suddenly "find" the missing packages. We have EVERY right to request an ID whenever we want. Driver discretion. You can write their license # in the remarks section to verify you actually checked their ID. I understand you work in Mayberry, and this isn't something you're accustomed to, but this is a reality here guy. There are also a lot of packages sent that are Signature Only with a MUST SHOW ID note attached. I have over 10 on this trip alone. Sometimes a Consignee will request that only they be allowed to sign for their packages, and will have the note added. You and I deliver in two different Worlds it seems.

Marne Vet

In 25 years the only packages I have ever seen with the words "Must Show ID" were the Woodstock concert tickets.

You're a lucky guy then. Appreciate the area you work in, and stop being so condescending to those of us that aren't as fortunate. I had a cake trip too for almost 5 years before the runners in my area absorbed all of my work, and they cut it permanently. I get "MUST SHOW ID" almost every week. Same people. We even have a few that are completely banned now from receiving any packages even with an ID. Straight-up fraud every time. Trust me, I'd rather be in a really nice area again where it's boring, and I can DR all day long.

rod

Retired 22 years
We always had the "Adult Signature Required" stickers to deal with. The problem was that no one ever told us what an "adult" was.

wayfair

swollen member
edit

had to ask for identification today.... had an apt delivery, ni1... female followed me to a business and said she was expecting a cell phone... "Id please?" "THank you, enjoy your phone!"

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I'd care more if management showed they care, however this isn't the case when you send 18yr old kids out in a golf cart, pay them 8.50, 2hrs training on a DIAD, and 80 stops. All in the name of saving money. Once again another example of stepping over a dime to pick up a penny.

Not sure what Management had to do with denial of signature...

but if you can't blame anyone you can at least blame management...

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Not sure what Management had to do with denial of signature...

but if you can't blame anyone you can at least blame management...
If you cared enough to follow the posts before this one you'd understand. Let me sum it for you.

Management thinks it a good idea to save money by sending 18yr old kids with DIADs and little to no training out to deliver in a area they have never been in, in a golf cart.

Same management wants us to take DFU's seriously, such as yourself, and wonders why I look at their aforementioned decisions and say piss on it, you don't care about quality deliveries according to your actions, why should I.

Got it now?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I deliver to a truck stop and have truck drivers waiting on permits. They see me coming and approach my truck asking me if I have a NDA for them. Yeah, sorry bro, but even if you've got to waddle your a** back to your truck for it, I need to see your ID.
And as previously mentioned, someone approaches me asking for a package at 123 BJ Lane, and we are not at 123 BJ Lane, unless I already know you, I am asking for ID.

rod

Retired 22 years
I would give them their stuff and ask if they wanted to take some stuff for their neighbors too----but then again I knew everyone on my route.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Your going way to far. Just have the office put a no DR for that address and move on.

UPS is paying the man $45 an hour on OT to do a driver followup for a missing package, and he is giving UPS $45 an hour worth of effort to find that package. I may disagree with UPS management on some issues but if someone is trying to defraud my company I will do everything I can do to prevent it. I think what Marne Vet is doing is great.

degill7994

A few years ago I had a preloader/ air driver as my helper. Dropped my helper off with a large flat brown box(tv) told him where to leave it, enclosed porch around the back of the house. March comes around and I get a DFU with my helpers name on it, customer said they didnt get their tv. I go back to the house and what do I see a tv box and the brown box it came in. took picture of tv box and brown box with tracking number on it and went back to center and showed it to Loss prevention. LP said we'll take care of it from here.