Dennis the Menace Gets His!

oldngray

nowhere special
God, I'm so dumb. This is just an attempt by the MSM to do a "drive-by" on Hastert. You know. Any chance for the radical leftists who hate America to take-down(pun intended) a fine, God-fearing Conservative icon like Dennis Hastert. He is the victim here, and all he was doing for those boys was building character, and giving them a rubdown after a hard day on the mat. It's just a misunderstanding, and it was an accident that Hastert's penis found it's way into young men. I guess it must have just slipped out of his pants.

I haven't listened to Limbaugh for quite awhile, but I suspect the line of BS you and Baba are laying-down is almost verbatim El Rushbo. Where there's smoke, there's fire, and where there's a flaming wrestling coach covered in smoke so thick you can't even see him, it's a forest fire.

I never listen to Limbaugh unlike you apparently.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never listen to Limbaugh unlike you apparently.

I listen to him to see what the official party line is. Rush is pretty much the de facto head of the GOP. Very little gets by without his blessing. Besides having a huge ego, he's just an arrogant ass, who never finished college, avoided military service due to an anal cyst, and lives a personal life that doesn't exactly reflect GOP ideals.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Now it's official , TOS and MFE are The only Rush listeners posting here .
No one else quotes him like they do .
How very sad .

Again they offer no real proof of any sexual misconduct , other than what their twisted brains make up .
They keep quoting the same report from some investigators who are never named as factual proof to satisfy their egos .
And they think that the FBI is never wrong .

Again how very sad .

wkmac

Now it's official , TOS and MFE are The only Rush listeners posting here .
No one else quotes him like they do .
How very sad .

Again they offer no real proof of any sexual misconduct , other than what their twisted brains make up .
They keep quoting the same report from some investigators who are never named as factual proof to satisfy their egos .
And they think that the FBI is never wrong .

Again how very sad .

I'll agree so far we know little settled and proven facts but in time this well could change. Somebody asserting something as fact doesn't make it fact. It seems more about political narrative than a known truth when picking which side to be on.

Ironic that the roles here are reversed as it relates to the police authorities where in places like Ferguson, NY or Baltimore, one side questioned the police and their narrative while the other side almost to the death defended the claims of police as absolute fact and beyond question. Seems to me with Hastert we have a kinda roll reversal.

But to be fair, Gray and yourself do seem to be grasping at straws to defend your own political narrative. Equally true IMO, FexEx, TOS ,et al are doing the same in their own way so there you go. I would also expect either side to disagree with me as well. Go figure huh!

I don't need an inappropriate sexual relationship or a pure paper crime that in and of itself has no victim (I'm in agreement with AV8 on that point for sure) to dislike Dennis the Menace. He did more than enough in his official capacity as Speaker so that I find little about him to like.

But if the claims against Hastert are proven true, other than the sadness for the victims who have to live with the damage, I'll enjoy with pleasure as Hastert gets his. If one must be a conservative/GOP apologist and feel the need to defend the faith via Hastert, my gut tells me too say you need to thread VERY lightly on this one.

I find it interesting the level of child abuse across gov't, public schooling, religious institutions. England has a growing abuse scandal that seems to grow into the highest levels of their society and I can't help but question if we even know the tip of the iceberg yet of our own? We've had several such scandals in Washington and what Snowden divulged to us about the level of survelliance in this country, I'm having a hard time believing these scandals among the power players was any surprise at all. Leaves one to ask who Hastert pi$$ed off and what is behind the take down?

oldngray

nowhere special
I'll agree so far we know little settled and proven facts but in time this well could change. Somebody asserting something as fact doesn't make it fact. It seems more about political narrative than a known truth when picking which side to be on.

Ironic that the roles here are reversed as it relates to the police authorities where in places like Ferguson, NY or Baltimore, one side questioned the police and their narrative while the other side almost to the death defended the claims of police as absolute fact and beyond question. Seems to me with Hastert we have a kinda roll reversal.

But to be fair, Gray and yourself do seem to be grasping at straws to defend your own political narrative. Equally true IMO, FexEx, TOS ,et al are doing the same in their own way so there you go. I would also expect either side to disagree with me as well. Go figure huh!

I don't need an inappropriate sexual relationship or a pure paper crime that in and of itself has no victim (I'm in agreement with AV8 on that point for sure) to dislike Dennis the Menace. He did more than enough in his official capacity as Speaker so that I find little about him to like.

But if the claims against Hastert are proven true, other than the sadness for the victims who have to live with the damage, I'll enjoy with pleasure as Hastert gets his. If one must be a conservative/GOP apologist and feel the need to defend the faith via Hastert, my gut tells me too say you need to thread VERY lightly on this one.

I find it interesting the level of child abuse across gov't, public schooling, religious institutions. England has a growing abuse scandal that seems to grow into the highest levels of their society and I can't help but question if we even know the tip of the iceberg yet of our own? We've had several such scandals in Washington and what Snowden divulged to us about the level of survelliance in this country, I'm having a hard time believing these scandals among the power players was any surprise at all. Leaves one to ask who Hastert pi$$ed off and what is behind the take down?

You are quite incorrect in your comparison of this case to Ferguson and Baltimore. Every time we stuck to the legal definition of innocent until proven guilty and urged people to wait for the evidence and let justice follow its due course. What we strongly opposed was jumping to conclusions plus people rioting demanding "justice" when the only justice they wanted was their predetermined outcome.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You are quite incorrect in your comparison of this case to Ferguson and Baltimore. Every time we stuck to the legal definition of innocent until proven guilty and urged people to wait for the evidence and let justice follow its due course. What we strongly opposed was jumping to conclusions plus people rioting demanding "justice" when the only justice they wanted was their predetermined outcome.
This brings Benghazi to mind. A bunch of conservatives jumping to conclusions before any "evidence" surfaced.

oldngray

nowhere special
This brings Benghazi to mind. A bunch of conservatives jumping to conclusions before any "evidence" surfaced.

The problem with Benghazi is the stonewalling and blocking of evidence during the investigation. There are still many questions and new evidence is still constantly being unearthed.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Evidence or innuendo? With the republicans controlling congress, I'm sure that Ken Starr would have been brought back to investigate if they believed anything criminal had occurred. Their silence is deafening.

oldngray

nowhere special
Evidence or innuendo? With the republicans controlling congress, I'm sure that Ken Starr would have been brought back to investigate if they believed anything criminal had occurred. Their silence is deafening.

Evidence which is still only slowly and grudgingly being released. It seems fairly clear it was all about a failed CIA gun running operation the State Department tried to hide and lie about. Very similar to Nixon and Watergate. What got him wasn't the wiretapping but the cover up afterwards. Very close parallel to Benghazi. Other than nobody died during Watergate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Evidence which is still only slowly and grudgingly being released. It seems fairly clear it was all about a failed CIA gun running operation the State Department tried to hide and lie about. Very similar to Nixon and Watergate. What got him wasn't the wiretapping but the cover up afterwards. Very close parallel to Benghazi. Other than nobody died during Watergate.

While nobody died, several political careers were effectively killed by Watergate.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

They won't let Benghazi die, but if it's something they want to protect, it's all reversed. How much money have we wasted on the investigation?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What are you now a fiscal conservative ?

I don't like to see taxpayer money wasted on anything. But, if it serves the needs of your side, you'll spend millions and then whine about how the government wastes money. Talking out of both sides of your mouths.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I don't like to see taxpayer money wasted on anything. But, if it serves the needs of your side, you'll spend millions and then whine about how the government wastes money. Talking out of both sides of your mouths.
A simple yes or no answer would have been the proper response .
Instead you decided on making more false statements about things no one is interested in .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A simple yes or no answer would have been the proper response .
Instead you decided on making more false statements about things no one is interested in .

Issa has wasted millions, and your party leadership continues to waste millions on lengthy investigations that are noting but politically motivated witch hunts. Then, you have the cajones to lecture us on how Democratic leadership wastes money.

Those who live in a glass house should cast no stones.