Dennis the Menace Gets His!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Victimless crimes. You people and your idiotic desires to control all actions at every level is pathetic. You people and all your little name calling when people disagree with you is at least amusing. If the government ever comes after you or your children because they don't like the way that you withdrew some of your own money from a bank I won't laugh at you or call you homosexual I'll just say that I warned you. People like to say that the government only goes after the big fish but in this country it only takes a generation to become a big target.

Why is it a victimless crime when an important person does it? This aspect of the patriot Act was created specifically to be able to track money, presumably money used for terrorist and drug-related activities. As Brown Army said, Hastert was intentionally trying to fly under the radar to keep a payoff for sexual abuse of a child off the record. Hastert is a child molester who was caught trying to circumvent the law, a law which he supported.

Yeah, nothing to see here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Barney Frank ( D-MA ).

Garry Studds ( D-MA ).

Studds is a decent example. He had a sexual relationship with a 17 year-old. Very similar to Hastert. Frank hired a male prostitute, and had not yet come out as gay. There is no mention of the prostitute being under age, so the Frank scandal had more to do with him being in the closet.

Neither Studds nor Franks tried to fool the government by breaking the laws concerning bank reporting.

Good try.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's absurd that you think that just because the guy was a politician that it can't be a victimless crime for him to give his money to another consenting party. Flatly absurd.

You seem to be forgetting about the act(s) that preceded the blackmail and payoff. I guess there's no victim when an adult has their way with an under age child? It's not victimless on the money side either because he broke the law, one he was instrumental in creating. If Hastert had converted to Islam, openly declared a desire to impose Shariah law, and joined ISIS, would there be any issues for you?

I suspect that there would.

av8torntn

The point of the $10,000 trigger for bank reporting was for money launderers, specifically drug dealers, who obviously deal in large amounts of cash.

It's not a dumb idea. If you have nothing to hide, don't worry about it.

Hastert is an idiot if he thought he could fly under the radar.

It's a stupid idea. It's way beyond a dumb idea. In a free society it should be none of your business if I am willing give cash to someone else. I shouldn't need your permission to spend my money.

It's pathetic that people still say that if you've got nothing to hide don't worry about it. In this country we should be protected from unreasonable intrusions from the government into our lives and this certainly counts as an unreasonable intrusion.

MAKAVELI

It's a stupid idea. It's way beyond a dumb idea. In a free society it should be none of your business if I am willing give cash to someone else. I shouldn't need your permission to spend my money.

It's pathetic that people still say that if you've got nothing to hide don't worry about it. In this country we should be protected from unreasonable intrusions from the government into our lives and this certainly counts as an unreasonable intrusion.
So you feel pedophiles should be able to abuse children as long as the child takes money to be quiet about the abuse? That's just friend.....g sick!

av8torntn

You seem to be forgetting about the act(s) that preceded the blackmail and payoff. I guess there's no victim when an adult has their way with an under age child? It's not victimless on the money side either because he broke the law, one he was instrumental in creating. If Hastert had converted to Islam, openly declared a desire to impose Shariah law, and joined ISIS, would there be any issues for you?

I suspect that there would.

Every time I read one of your posts I think to myself that there is no possible way that you could come up with something more absurd than this and yet you do. How do you do that?

Who is the victim? You have yet to name a victim. You've posted about drugs, homosexuality, idiocy, and children but nothing to support your claim that one adult giving his money to another adult without permission from the government creates a victim.

av8torntn

So you feel pedophiles should be able to abuse children as long as the child takes money to be quiet about the abuse? That's just friend.....g sick!

You're certainly strange for creating that. I thought you guys were claiming this was about terrorists or drug dealers and now you really think that reporting a ten grand withdrawal from a bank account is about pedophiles? This gets dumber and dumber.

MAKAVELI

You're certainly strange for creating that. I thought you guys were claiming this was about terrorists or drug dealers and now you really think that reporting a ten grand withdrawal from a bank account is about pedophiles? This gets dumber and dumber.
And you are strange for trying to defend a pedophile. But I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

wkmac

If this is all about the crime of pedophilia and nothing else, then the victim is also guilty of hiding a crime in exchange for monetary consideration. From what I know of this situation, it was Hastert's victim that was getting an "out of court settlement" for damages which means he also had evidence of a crime and choose not to expose it because it meant more to him to remain hidden. Also raises the question if Hastert is guilty of removing illegal funds (lack of reporting) is the abuse victim guilty of receiving same?

Besides, in this day and time, I'm willing to bet Hastert's previous dallies were known and it was chosen to let sleeping dogs lay because it was worth more too forces of power hidden than known. I would question now who Hastert crossed that brought all of this to light.

The act of pedophilia was only exposed as the after fact of the paper crimes Hastert committed of which he is charged. He is not to my knowledge charge with child abuse so it would seem the powers that be are also overlooking that as well. To me this speaks even further against the victimless paper crimes of the Patriot Act when an actual crime against person is committed and not a damn thing is being done about it. Again, to my knowledge. If otherwise, please post up with links to back the claim.

BrownArmy

As far as whether or not a crime was committed, if a rule-making body creates a law and you break that law, is that a crime? There are plenty of stupid laws on the books, and we could debate whether or not the $10K reporting law is 'stupid' or not.

It is somewhat ironic, as per the first post of this thread, that Hastert got snagged by a law he helped put in place. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Every time I read one of your posts I think to myself that there is no possible way that you could come up with something more absurd than this and yet you do. How do you do that?

Who is the victim? You have yet to name a victim. You've posted about drugs, homosexuality, idiocy, and children but nothing to support your claim that one adult giving his money to another adult without permission from the government creates a victim.

Wow, you are really gone. There are at least 2 victims of Hastert's pedophilia...Individual A and Individual B. There could well be many others. Society is the "victim" when someone breaks laws, or do you not understand this? Hastert knows he's going away, for breaking the law. You know, there are reasons we have laws. Otherwise, our society would be like that of Somalia (Libertarianism on display).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Anyone making less than $10,000 cash bank transactions have had their funds seized by the police . Their only crime was some officer thought that maybe something illegal was going on . Money seized , no criminal charges brought , if you complained maybe they would return 50% or not .
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...l-cash-seizure-illegal-gamblers-say/16511135/
https://theangryfisherman.wordpress.com/tag/illegal-seizure-of-money/
http://www.wnd.com/2014/10/irs-seizes-life-savings-for-deposits-under-10000/

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If this is all about the crime of pedophilia and nothing else, then the victim is also guilty of hiding a crime in exchange for monetary consideration. From what I know of this situation, it was Hastert's victim that was getting an "out of court settlement" for damages which means he also had evidence of a crime and choose not to expose it because it meant more to him to remain hidden. Also raises the question if Hastert is guilty of removing illegal funds (lack of reporting) is the abuse victim guilty of receiving same?

Besides, in this day and time, I'm willing to bet Hastert's previous dallies were known and it was chosen to let sleeping dogs lay because it was worth more too forces of power hidden than known. I would question now who Hastert crossed that brought all of this to light.

The act of pedophilia was only exposed as the after fact of the paper crimes Hastert committed of which he is charged. He is not to my knowledge charge with child abuse so it would seem the powers that be are also overlooking that as well. To me this speaks even further against the victimless paper crimes of the Patriot Act when an actual crime against person is committed and not a damn thing is being done about it. Again, to my knowledge. If otherwise, please post up with links to back the claim.

The Statute of Limitations has long since passed, so Hastert cannot be charged for sexual misconduct, which is unfortunate. Trying to bypass the IRS and banking system is a crime, plain and simple. Hastert was warned, he lied, and then took further steps to incriminate himself by reducing his bank withdrawals to smaller amounts...trying to fool the authorities. It's doubly ironic that he tried to get around his own law through a failed scheme to outsmart it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Wow, you are really gone. There are at least 2 victims of Hastert's pedophilia...Individual A and Individual B. There could well be many others. Society is the "victim" when someone breaks laws, or do you not understand this? Hastert knows he's going away, for breaking the law. You know, there are reasons we have laws. Otherwise, our society would be like that of Somalia (Libertarianism on display).
Society is the "victim" when someone breaks laws, or do you not understand this?
Please info obama of this , maybe he'll stop issuing E.O. .

wkmac

The Statute of Limitations has long since passed, so Hastert cannot be charged for sexual misconduct, which is unfortunate. Trying to bypass the IRS and banking system is a crime, plain and simple. Hastert was warned, he lied, and then took further steps to incriminate himself by reducing his bank withdrawals to smaller amounts...trying to fool the authorities. It's doubly ironic that he tried to get around his own law through a failed scheme to outsmart it.

It may be a crime in the sense of what is called crimes these days but going back to AV's original point, there is no victim who can claim a damage from Hastert's lack of reporting. This has nothing to do with acts committed years ago which you agree above are not in play. In that sense, a lack of a physical person having been damaged by Hastert, not telling of his withdrawal is proof of this being a victimless crime IMO, a crime that Hastert in fact helped to create in the first place. In that sense I'm delighted he became the victim of the monster he created.

I also think your own thoughts in this case are purely driven by party politics rather than any real principle. I doubt you are even opposed to the over reach of the Patriot Act so there you go. This is another proof that on many issues I see little difference between yourself, Moreluck and Baba. You all three demonstrate a blind irrational reaction when it comes to blind defense of your party heroes while being a contradiction when it's the other party.