Denver 'LOSES' trailers

aspenleaf

Trust me we have needed all the sups/ managers that have been working to get our backlog down. No one has complained and if they do they are only asking for more work. We all needed to work together and on my line the sups working were welcome since we did have some call ins with the huge snow storms. I personally don't like loading 11 trucks so any help I can get I will take.

We are almost there and it is sad to see things that say "Del before Christmas" on them and of course all the spoiled food.

Salesguy

Sales Member
Come on you guys, why are you all so negative? Our customers are waiting for us to deliver their packages! Lets support our troops in Denver instead of spreading UPS procedures all over the net.:cool:

MissedBusiness

NotReallyAMember
Dear Mr. Over9five,

Please stop ordering the sales people around (although you're right). Mike and I will see to Mr. Salesguy.

Sincerely,
Mike Eskews Mom

rapidrandall

slow but sure
I'm a longtime steward and have filed my share of grievances for supervisors working. In this case tieguy is correct. In an act of God like this we must work together to take care of our customers or eventually they won't be our customers.

25yrvet

Our ctr didn't get much of a load today, about half of what I was expecting. Most of it was expedited, Cabella's or from the west coast.
I wonder if the piggybacks traveling west through Neb & Kansas were delayed by the blizzard late last week.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Our ctr didn't get much of a load today, about half of what I was expecting. Most of it was expedited, Cabella's or from the west coast.
I wonder if the piggybacks traveling west through Neb & Kansas were delayed by the blizzard late last week.

That's a good point, actually. Today, I saw the first of the Lane Bryant blue bags I'd seen in a looonnngg time. Since these come out of the Midwest, I'm also curious if the storms on the Plains have delayed trains. Rocky

Salesguy

Sales Member
Growing our business with our brown mean selling machine.
Nothing will stop our proud Brown Army with its own culture.
Snow hazzards are no challange for us and as we do what we promise I can't understand where all the fuzz is all about. Just excuses for not going that extra mile.

trickpony1

Growing our business with our brown mean selling machine.
Nothing will stop our proud Brown Army with its own culture.
Snow hazzards are no challange for us and as we do what we promise I can't understand where all the fuzz is all about. Just excuses for not going that extra mile.

......we didn't see you out there.

Salesguy

Sales Member
That's because the best drivers work at UPS and can handle a bit of snow. I would walk in the way with my nice suit and tie, expensive watch and extremly nice looking car.

ups79

Saleman, you sound like a recent college drop out or graduate who is maxed out on his credit cards but yet still has all the bells and whistles. Good luck when you grow up.

JustAnotherBody

I say let 'em work, Tie. I had a few sups and managers when I was an inside employee that actually produced better work than hourlies. Kinda funny to have a sorter scream, "D***IT!!! Turn that belt off!!" A sup hears it, scowls, walks over, tells the hourly to step to the left to "show you how this is done," and takes over, clearing the container in short order.
I know where your coming from I totally believe in an honest days pay for an honest days work. I come all the time I work my but off, safely etc. etc..

The thing with a sup stepping in for 5 minutes to clean up a mess bothers me. Im sure theres plenty of sups who could work faster then some of the hourlies over the course of a day. The problem with the cleaning things up is if they arn't working all day its pretty easy to step in for a few minutes and work at a ridiculous pace. I know I could pull through stacked beltwide flow for a few minutes, but all day?

Just like a runner in a track meet you have to pick a resonable pace that will allow u to make it the distance. If u tried to run a marathon at the same speed you'd run a 100m dash at.

Sure I might be able to load 1000 pieces an hour for 10 minutes, for example, but its unreasonalbe to expect me to maintain that pace all day or to even think that working at a ridiculous level might slow me down at the end of the day.

It's kind of like the tortise and the hare. Im not saying go at turtle pace but hopefully someone understands what I mean and words it better.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I know where your coming from I totally believe in an honest days pay for an honest days work. I come all the time I work my but off, safely etc. etc..

The thing with a sup stepping in for 5 minutes to clean up a mess bothers me. Im sure theres plenty of sups who could work faster then some of the hourlies over the course of a day. The problem with the cleaning things up is if they arn't working all day its pretty easy to step in for a few minutes and work at a ridiculous pace. I know I could pull through stacked beltwide flow for a few minutes, but all day?

Just like a runner in a track meet you have to pick a resonable pace that will allow u to make it the distance. If u tried to run a marathon at the same speed you'd run a 100m dash at.

Sure I might be able to load 1000 pieces an hour for 10 minutes, for example, but its unreasonalbe to expect me to maintain that pace all day or to even think that working at a ridiculous level might slow me down at the end of the day.

It's kind of like the tortise and the hare. Im not saying go at turtle pace but hopefully someone understands what I mean and words it better.

No, no, not at all. I followed your point perfectly. Every inside position has such a "temporary" speed. I did it as an inside employee, too. I gave the above example because I'd gotten a particularly good night's sleep one night and decided to take it out on the sorters. My sorter couldn't handle it. Sup stepped in, relieved him and we cleared the trailer. Rocky

25yrvet

Another lite day volume wise; that helps us get caught up since the wheather is not cooperating. Talked to a mgr at BNSF today, he told me that NONE of their trains have moved north of Amarillo TX in 2 days. I am still hearing horror stories of full trailers in the Commerce City lot.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Another lite day volume wise; that helps us get caught up since the wheather is not cooperating. Talked to a mgr at BNSF today, he told me that NONE of their trains have moved north of Amarillo TX in 2 days. I am still hearing horror stories of full trailers in the Commerce City lot.

That would explain sooo little stuff being here when it should have been. As to those horror stories...they are more than likely exaggerated. As said a few posts ago, helpers are being released after this week. Quite surprised if they still have backed up stuff. Rocky