Depth of knowledge bs.

S

serenity now

They do random check-in audits but the requirement was put in place to remind us of how important it is to make sure we segregate and remove all NDA. Left-on cars have gone down dramatically since we started sending in our totals.

end result is the same / air left on truck = hang the driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

end result is the same / air left on truck = hang the driver

Yes and no. I would agree if the driver is pulling in at 1930 when the air shuttle leaves at 1940. I would disagree if the driver is pulling in at 1730, the metro has had plenty of time to offload the car and there is still air left on car. Ultimately it is up to the driver to acccount for all of the NDA on his/her car but if I pull in to the bldg at 1830 and the air shuttle doesn't leave until 1940 there should be no reason for any NDA that I may have overlooked to be left on the car.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Jeff, I expect more from you. Dave.

And Dave, we were expecting more from you.

Counting air packages before you leave the building and when you take them off the car shouldn't be complicated. I count my 10:30 commits in my DIAD before I leave, and I keep the pickup pieces away from the ground.

S

serenity now

return time to bldg. does not come into play / driver must remove all NDA from truck

that is an absolute

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And Dave, we were expecting more from you.

Counting air packages before you leave the building and when you take them off the car shouldn't be complicated. I count my 10:30 commits in my DIAD before I leave, and I keep the pickup pieces away from the ground.

Did you read anywhere in my posts where I said that I was one of the drivers who had left air on the pkg cars? I also verify what I have for air in EDD and scan/segregate all of my NDA that I pickup. What I said is that we as a center had been having a problem with air being left on pkg cars hence the directive to send in the ODS. I send mine in just before I pick up my last drop box. I go in to my pickup summary, add up all of the NDA that I scanned, add any air in the dropbox to that total and send in that sum. I the scan and close out the dropbox. It is not that complicated.

S

serenity now

Yes and no. I would agree if the driver is pulling in at 1930 when the air shuttle leaves at 1940. I would disagree if the driver is pulling in at 1730, the metro has had plenty of time to offload the car and there is still air left on car. Ultimately it is up to the driver to acccount for all of the NDA on his/her car but if I pull in to the bldg at 1830 and the air shuttle doesn't leave until 1940 there should be no reason for any NDA that I may have overlooked to be left on the car.

what driver pulls in @ 1730 ? / that must be BOG time

S

serenity now

Did you read anywhere in my posts where I said that I was one of the drivers who had left air on the pkg cars? I also verify what I have for air in EDD and scan/segregate all of my NDA that I pickup. What I said is that we as a center had been having a problem with air being left on pkg cars hence the directive to send in the ODS. I send mine in just before I pick up my last drop box. I go in to my pickup summary, add up all of the NDA that I scanned, add any air in the dropbox to that total and send in that sum. I the scan and close out the dropbox. It is not that complicated.

it's pointless; that's what it is

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

return time to bldg. does not come into play / driver must remove all NDA from truck

that is an absolute

I 100% agree that the driver must remove all NDA from his/her pkg car.

I 100% disagree that RTB time does not come in to play.

We are supposed to work as a team and if a driver pulls in at 1730 and does forget an air on his pkg car the metro should make sure that it makes the air shuttle. If they want to make a copy of that pkg and bring it to the attention of mgt I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with air being left on car when the driver is back to the building 2 hours before the air shuttle pulls.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

what driver pulls in @ 1730 ? / that must be BOG time

I told Jeff I expected more from him; unfortunately this is exactly what I expect from you.

We have several drivers who are done and gone by 1730 on a daily basis. I would be on that list if not for my late pickups, which I do only because the mall driver is one of those drivers.

S

serenity now

I 100% agree that the driver must remove all NDA from his/her pkg car.

I 100% disagree that RTB time does not come in to play.

We are supposed to work as a team and if a driver pulls in at 1730 and does forget an air on his pkg car the metro should make sure that it makes the air shuttle. If they want to make a copy of that pkg and bring it to the attention of mgt I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with air being left on car when the driver is back to the building 2 hours before the air shuttle pulls.

there is only one person on that team whose ass is on the line if the air is left on the truck / guess which one?

S

serenity now

I told Jeff I expected more from him; unfortunately this is exactly what I expect from you.

We have several drivers who are done and gone by 1730 on a daily basis. I would be on that list if not for my late pickups, which I do only because the mall driver is one of those drivers.

i'm devastated by your condemnation

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Can you really refuse the dok from an audit? Like im being serious can you really? And what are the consequences if you dont? These numbnutts at my center basically tell us if we get them wrong, either on an internal audit or a ketter audit they fail the audit. Is that true or are they lying to us? If anyone has a valid answer that clarifies this it would be greatly appreciated by those of us on this forum thanx.

Can you really refuse the dok from an audit? Like im being serious can you really? And what are the consequences if you dont? These numbnutts at my center basically tell us if we get them wrong, either on an internal audit or a ketter audit they fail the audit. Is that true or are they lying to us? If anyone has a valid answer that clarifies this it would be greatly appreciated by those of us on this forum thanx.

Depends. Is it from management? Then no. But it's never been in the contract that you had to know it verbatim either.
Is the audit from another hourly like CHSP or the Safety Committee? Then yes. Ask them how the pizza sale is going as you stroll away.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Who cares if they fail? Its just a Keter audit. It doesnt matter. It doesnt mean anything. Every so often you might run into a supervisor who tries to make it sound like you will get fired for not reciting the DOK 100%, but it is nothing but an empty threat. Dont get me wrong, its a good idea to know and practice the safety stuff but nobody should be bullied or intimidated into thinking that reciting buzz words is a condition of employment.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
All good kids may like milk but smart drivers get paid for doing dok's. I always try to save them so I can go over 10 hours. 20 minutes turns into 40. They should stop calling them dok and call them what we call them...cha ching.

AlwaysChafed

It's not a condition of employment. If you are being harassed file a grievance under article 37. Your business agent should have several decisions and agreements on this subject. Stick to your guns.

Prove to us that it isn't a condition of employment. At my class they made it very adamant we needed to have it memorized by the end of training.

If you have any source of this information, I'd like to have it.