Depth of knowledge (re)memorization...

It's funny.... how this comes up every couple months.

Yep.

Every time this does come up.... I post the same response.

It's not a "condition" of continued employment.

It was agreed to, back in 2008.... at the National level.

If it is a requirement of being hired.... the company has that right.

Part of the agreement was.... the company could "encourage" employees to learn it.

Being sent home or threatened with discipline ? Nope. He should have filed a grievance.

In my Local, they pay feeder drivers an hour a month.... to write that dribble down.

It doesn't matter if they even get it right. :happy-very:

BS.... beyond BS.

When this issue comes up, here on the forum....

I wonder, how people don't know this ??

Then I remember....

70% of the members didn't even vote on their own contract.

​-Bug-
The only thing I could add bug is even if these people know they don't have to know this Dok stuff they still want to complain that they do have to know it. Misery loves company

OPTION3

Unfortunately, you are fully expected to learn DOK's on your own time. It's BS but it's a job requirement.

I dear someone to stay on the clock after a shift to study DOK's. Let's see what happens.

In my center, we all have to fully recite them to a sup every single month. A real big waste of resources IMO but the company is really serious about them now.

I don't think knowing all these verbatim increases our safety. Just knowing all the concepts would help safety. They place far too much importance on knowing it word for word. When we went to driving school, they would mark entire rules wrong for once missing word. Which was a big deal since we needed a 95% score to pass.
Every time---and I mean EVERY time they ask me to recite……I answer the first question, then proceed upstairs to take a healthy 20 minute shizz…….bring my I-phone, do my online banking, play a game or two……. I come out finish the dok's and then go home. I get PAID to know this stuff ----stop appeasing them

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Unfortunately, you are fully expected to learn DOK's on your own time. It's BS but it's a job requirement.

I dear someone to stay on the clock after a shift to study DOK's. Let's see what happens.

In my center, we all have to fully recite them to a sup every single month. A real big waste of resources IMO but the company is really serious about them now.

I don't think knowing all these verbatim increases our safety. Just knowing all the concepts would help safety. They place far too much importance on knowing it word for word. When we went to driving school, they would mark entire rules wrong for once missing word. Which was a big deal since we needed a 95% score to pass.

Look here buddy, my life doesn't revolve around UPS. I have very important things to do when I go home, like studying, I go to college! So I have no time for that bs. Even if I had the time, I still wouldn't study it on my personal time. The contract says that all training (studying) must be paid for on the click. Man up!

images

" Imagine this........

You're a cute little deer. You want to cross the road to get to the brook and take a drink. You work up the nerve to cross an step timidly onto the pavement. You tiny little hooves make clicking sounds as you step.

Out of nowhere a large brown vehicle crests the hill and before you can think or move it comes to a stop with room to spare saving your life and the life of it's driver.

Now let me ask you. As you stand there with your heart racing, thankful at the skill of of the man in brown, DO YOU REALLY GIVE A FUCH IF HE CAN MEMORIZE SOME CANNED BS THAT HIS COMPANY CAME UP WITH OR IS IT BETTER THAT HE CAN ACTUALLY DO THOSE THINGS? "

images

" Imagine this........

You're a cute little deer. You want to cross the road to get to the brook and take a drink. You work up the nerve to cross an step timidly onto the pavement. You tiny little hooves make clicking sounds as you step.

Out of nowhere a large brown vehicle crests the hill and before you can think or move it comes to a stop with room to spare saving your life and the life of it's driver.

Now let me ask you. As you stand there with your heart racing, thankful at the skill of of the man in brown, DO YOU REALLY GIVE A FUCH IF HE CAN MEMORIZE SOME CANNED BS THAT HIS COMPANY CAME UP WITH OR IS IT BETTER THAT HE CAN ACTUALLY DO THOSE THINGS? "
We are the best drivers in the world bar none. Most of of were the best before they came out with that drivel.