Deputy strikes UPS truck

Discussion in 'The Latest UPS Headlines' started by cheryl, Jan 19, 2010.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Deputy strikes UPS truck - The Hawkeye

An unmarked Des Moines County Sheriff's Office vehicle sustained thousands of dollars in damages after it struck a parked United Parcel Service delivery truck, Burlington Police officials said.

Breckon, a report indicated, told police he was using his in-car computer and did not noticed the UPS truck parked alongside the street until the last second.

The deputy swerved in an attempt to miss the delivery truck, but a panel of the Explorer still struck the left rear bumper of the UPS truck.

2. rod

rod retired and happy

Let me guess. The cop had been out all day writting tickets to people using their cell phones while driving:wink2:

3. UPSBluRdg03

UPSBluRdg03 New Member

Yea no texting while driving but by all means type on your computer

4. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

Let me guess Driver will be charged with an avoidable accident.

5. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

This guy needs to get his eyes checked right after he gets fired. Come on "did see a UPS truck" How can you miss the big brown truck?

6. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

probably his fault..

7. DS

DS Fenderbender

Police estimate the damage to the sheriff's office vehicle at $4,000 and listed $500 damage to the delivery truck.

No citations were issued.

8. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Imagine, say it isnt so.

9. rushfan

rushfan Well-Known Member

Will be Package Car driver's fault.

10. jw55wags

jw55wags New Member

If the truck had the word--- Donuts on the side he would have seen it!!:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

11. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

"Breckon, a report indicated, told police he was using his in-car computer and did not noticed the UPS truck parked alongside the street until the last second."

How can you now see one of them suckers? LOL

12. browned out

browned out Active Member

I would say the police officer may have received a warning notice at most not the termination that a UPS driver would receive if the situation were reversed. We had a driver charged with an avoidable when he was stopped at a light and hit by fleeing car of a police chase.