Describe the feeling you have Sunday night about how you feel regarding the ups work week ahead.

undies

Is the volume supposed to be heavier than usual? Or is this just because it will be a normal 5 day work week?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Part of what I am feeling is the natural, post-holiday letdown. This weekend was still sort of a holiday weekend, and on Monday things are really and truly back to normal.

I will miss the camaraderie of peak season. Everyone is working late, everyone is maxed out, and we are all in it together. Management tends to set aside a lot of the nitpicking and instead chooses to focus more on just "getting it done". It is a time of year where experience, knowledge, and a positive mental attitude tends to be the most appreciated by one's management team. Tomorrow marks the return to the forced stupidity of Stops Per Car and the paranoid, irrational obsession with irrelevant metrics. Oh well, this was the 28th Peak Season of my UPS career so its not like this is anything new. Life will go on.

Oh, and by the way....only 355 shopping days left until Christmas!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Mon to Friday is the hard stuff, weekends are the easy part. No kids LIFE IS GOOD and gravy train baby on the weekends, no stress, lil work and lil play and chill WORD lol.

What are these 'Mondays' of which you speak?
S-0174.jpeg

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes. I worked just Monday and Tuesday last week. Was off Thursday to Sunday after Xmas. Now I have to get on my sleep schedule again. Been up late and getting afternoon naps lately.

Overpaid Union Thug

I make $33.71/hour to do the easiest manual labor job I've ever had (and I've had many) with weekends off, full benefits, a 401k, and supposedly a pension after 30 years. So, unless the weather is just horrible I don't dread work on Sunday nights. But I definitely don't look forward to it either. :)

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
2? My center it is 2 per week; becuase they are never honored. we have won grievance on up to "8 failure to honkr relief of overtime" in each month. Id think it it would be easier to let me go home at 515 two times than pay me 500$ in penalty pay. Im happy either way though a "win/win" situation
we get two a month ,but if it isn;t honored it dosent count. I'll often file 4 or 5 a month, get paid for 3 and get my two.
It's all a game

O

OLDMAN3

Sunday night I review my 10 seeing habits, and the rules for backing and lifting and lowering, I have them on homemade flash cards to quiz myself before work. I gather together my pens, delivery notes, and fresh healthy snacks, and then set out my uniform and shine my shoes. I then review in my mind any send agains I may have had from Friday. I review the CODs that were not delivered Friday and fill out delivery notes ahead of time, just in case. I do the stretching exercises from the UPS poster I photo-copied and brought home. I then write down the Monday known closed businesses like hair salons, so I can pull them from my load before my start time Monday. I give my pre-loader a phone call before I head in on Monday to ask which stops are heavy so I can start planning my day early. I arrive at work an hour early so I can set up my car stop for stop and talk the supervisor into giving my worst stops to the route next to me. I then call all my COD stops so they have their checks ready when I get there. Finally I stare at the ORION trace monitor so I can figure out how to run the route at 85% and still clock out super early, skipping all my lunch...and then I punch in....NOT

Last edited by a moderator:

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'm a first year helper and just curious. Why is it supposed to be busy next week? It seems like it would be slow.
After Xmas sales, gift cards being spent, returned/exchanged merchandise, futures (such as schools) going out for delivery, new year/monthly purchasing cycle, driver follow ups on delivery discrepancies...
Take your pick.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Sunday night I review my 10 seeing habits, and the rules for backing and lifting and lowering, I have them on homemade flash cards to quiz myself before work. I gather together my pens, delivery notes, and fresh healthy snacks, and then set out my uniform and shine my shoes. I then review in my mind any send agains I may have had from Friday. I review the CODs that were not delivered Friday and fill out delivery notes ahead of time, just in case. I do the stretching exercises from the UPS poster I photo-copied and brought home. I then write down the Monday known closed businesses like hair salons, so I can pull them from my load before my start time Monday. I give my pre-loader a phone call before I head in on Monday to ask which stops are heavy so I can start planning my day early. I arrive at work an hour early so I can set up my car stop for stop and talk the supervisor into giving my worst stops to the route next to me. I then call all my COD stops so they have their checks ready when I get there. Finally I stare at the ORION trace monitor so I can figure out how to run the route at 85% and still clock out super early, skipping all my lunch...and then I punch in....NOT
I thought your name said something else.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Today is the worst day i have had in a long time. Only because it is so cold and slippery. Everything is frozen and takes twice as long to do. But im at dennys right now eating lunch. So I should stop complaining