Designated Walk Path

Integrity

Binge Poster
Avoidable. Hopping fences is not a safe work method.
UpstateNYUPSer,

The driver is a professional driver, he used his own best judgement when deciding upon his designated walk path for this stop.

He was able to use all safe work methods when crossing the fence.

Although you may want to, the management person filling out the injury investigation report did not question his use of safe work methods when crossing the short fence.

The only question and conflict was the failure to follow the designated walk path.

The drivers judgement was that this is his designated walkpath for these stops and his 25 years of safely delivering to these stops validates his judgement.

Are you saying the driver is not supposed to decide the desigated walk path?

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The driver is supposed to decide the designated walk path keeping the safe work methods in mind while doing so. Walking across the lawn is one thing--hopping a 3 foot fence is clearly another.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The driver is supposed to decide the designated walk path keeping the safe work methods in mind while doing so. Walking across the lawn is one thing--hopping a 3 foot fence is clearly another.
UpstateUPSer,

Since I made up the example I will change it to remove the fence issue. It probably was not the best example anyway. I will try to more careful.

Let me say that instead of a fence, it is an 8 foot wide section of lawn that divides the properties, and that the driver turns his ankle on a broom stick that was concealed in the grass.

Everything else holds to my original example.

Avoidable or unavoidable?

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Avoidable--the driver did not scan the path ahead.

Look, this is getting old. The sidewalk should always be the first choice; however, an experienced driver with solid area knowledge will know when and where execptions to this rule can be made, keeping safety in mind at all times.

Ironically, while it is best to stay on the sidewalk, we are told to avoid painted steps during inclement weather.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Avoidable--the driver did not scan the path ahead.

Look, this is getting old. The sidewalk should always be the first choice; however, an experienced driver with solid area knowledge will know when and where execptions to this rule can be made, keeping safety in mind at all times.

Ironically, while it is best to stay on the sidewalk, we are told to avoid painted steps during inclement weather.
UpstateNYUPSer,

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!!

I don't mean to be difficult, but I must reply to this post of yours.

If you do not want to continue in this discussion thread I certainly would not hold that against you.

UpstateNYUPSer, the fictitious example that I made up stated that all safe work methods were followed. The driver was scanning his "designated walk path".

The broom stick was concealed from his view by a beautiful lush lawn that seperated the residences.

Your answer is invalid because it changes the given parameters of the example.

If you care to, would you answer the question based upon the example that was given?

Sincerely,
I