Desperate to find a package...

I was wondering if there was anyone willing to help me attempt to find a package that is possibly lost...

I shipped out a next day air package (about 11x10x9) Monday 6/4 from my home in Naperville, IL to the returns center of B&H Photo Video in Brooklyn, NY. The package contains items being returned for a refund, a very hefty refund. A refund which that if I don't receive this week I will be unable to pay rent (which is already late) and jeopardizes where my family is going to live. I admit, getting into this jam is my fault, absolutely. But that is why I'm asking for help, and myself and my wife and children will be very grateful.

The package is * and it was set to deliver on time yesterday, 6/5. It's going to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, BLDG 664, Unit 229 which is the returns receiving for B&H Photo Video. They are a high volume retailer and they told me they receive many, many packages there on a daily basis so they don't believe it was any kind of issue where the driver couldn't find them.

I contacted UPS and talked with a few people, eventually ending up with the floor mgr who said in addition to the tracer request, he would contact the local hub and ask them to check with the driver. I'm not sure how much help thats going to be, because if this location is receiving 100-200 boxes every morning how would they know about any single box...

So I've laid it all out, just don't know what if anything else I can do... thanks again in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

tarbar66

I tracked it and everything looks good to the point of it going out for delivery. I am wondering if the drivers DIAD went down and the delivery information is lost.

You did everything right and now it is up to UPS to make it right.

Thank you for the reply.

I am in contact with the retailer, B&H, who is double checking on their end to see if they received it, but since the box is labeled with an RMA number and barcode, they usually scan them in quite quickly after they arrive so they don't believe they have yet to receive the package.

I just saw that update now. Again, I called B&H and they said they (and their Returns Receiving) was open today as well as yesterday. I think the more important thing is that maybe the message indicates the package is found and a delivery attempt is going to happen tomorrow.

UPSmeoff

I hope that's what happens, but don't get your hopes up. Driver follow up reports are our way of sending the driver to question the receiver about missing pkg's. They share the same tracking number as your lost pkg. At least i'm pretty sure they do. At least that is how i sheet them up.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
looks like it was left in building on the 5th without receiving a scan and then sheeted as closed 1 the next day (could be someone covering their ass)

i would be shocked if it wasn't delivered tomorrow

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It definitely appears that we dropped the ball on this one and that you should receive a refund of your shipping charges; however, we can't help you with the other refund.

Big Babooba

looks like it was left in building on the 5th without receiving a scan and then sheeted as closed 1 the next day (could be someone covering their ass)

i would be shocked if it wasn't delivered tomorrow
Gee, somebody sheeted a package as closed between noon and 1PM? Isn't that verboten?

barnyard

KTM rider
It definitely appears that we dropped the ball on this one and that you should receive a refund of your shipping charges; however, we can't help you with the other refund.

Actually, a full refund is not policy. The shipper would receive the difference between NDA and 2DA. If the driver were forced to make a reattempt and successfully deliver, the shipper might be able to get the difference between NDA and NDA saver.

To the OP, if things are that tight, cancelling your internet service may be a good plan too.

barnyard

KTM rider
If B&H is indeed open today, this is a prime example where a driver that is covering his butt has exposed UPS to an interstate fraud lawsuit.

Actually, a full refund is not policy. The shipper would receive the difference between NDA and 2DA. If the driver were forced to make a reattempt and successfully deliver, the shipper might be able to get the difference between NDA and NDA saver.

To the OP, if things are that tight, cancelling your internet service may be a good plan too.

A ground delivery would have arrived today, 06/06. As it stands I'll be lucky (and relieved) if it arrives tomorrow. Should the immediate concerns of delivery be resolved - I will certainly seek a full refund since even a ground package would have been there.

barnyard - I did not solicit your opinion on financial advice, nor did I give you the full details that explain how I've arrived in the financial conundrum - albiet temporarily - that I am in. I really didn't think it was necessary to provide you with the details of the unexpected financial (i.e. medical) emergencies that have arisen in order to avoid your commentary, I was simply doing a little over-sharing to express my honest humble gratitude to those who provided help.

Hi Everyone, the great news is that the package was in fact delivered yesterday, 6/7, ultimately 2 days late for a NDA.

The odd thing is not only was the package marked with the recipient being closed less than an hour after I opened a tracer and had a manager call the depot, but then the tracking shows delayed for security check. I made another call and talked with a manager at customer service and they basically agreed with me that someone didn't know what they were doing and the messages were essentially false. They immediately processed my service refund as well.

All in all a good outcome, just frightening that it occurred on the one super-important time sensitive package I send NDA, versus all the hundreds of ground packages I've shipped/received over the years!

Thanks again!