Details, Details and Details....

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Details, about the damn raise we are to get.

Is this one or two different regions holding back? Sorry to re-ask this question. A lot of us PT hub rats are starting to wonder in thought. Would like to see some hands on and on sight answers about this topic, on site.

Happy turkey day!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Western Conference, Local 177 in New Jersey, and the Southwest Area are currently voting with ballots expected back sometime in early December.

Assuming those three areas are approved, that leaves Local 89's Air Rider, the Ohio Rider, The Philly 623 Air Rider, and probably one more that I'm forgetting.

Stonefish

Western Conference, Local 177 in New Jersey, and the Southwest Area are currently voting with ballots expected back sometime in early December.

Assuming those three areas are approved, that leaves Local 89's Air Rider, the Ohio Rider, The Philly 623 Air Rider, and probably one more that I'm forgetting.
​Local 135

PT Car Washer

Will employees who will have moved on before the contract is settled still get a retro check mailed to them for all the hours they may have worked after August 1st? Or will they forfeit any back pay by leaving. Have to be a lot of people in that situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Will employees who will have moved on before the contract is settled still get a retro check mailed to them for all the hours they may have worked after August 1st? Or will they forfeit any back pay by leaving. Have to be a lot of people in that situation.

This is an excellent question. There was also a question from one of our New England employees regarding the raises and vacation pay. I guess they have the option of receiving either 40 hours of pay or 1/52 of the previous years earnings. The question was whether UPS would add the retro pay to 2013 wages, thus increasing the vacation pay, or would they add it to our 2014 wages. Getting back to your question----former employees would be entitled to their retro checks----the question would be how to get it to them.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is an excellent question. There was also a question from one of our New England employees regarding the raises and vacation pay. I guess they have the option of receiving either 40 hours of pay or 1/52 of the previous years earnings. The question was whether UPS would add the retro pay to 2013 wages, thus increasing the vacation pay, or would they add it to our 2014 wages. Getting back to your question----former employees would be entitled to their retro checks----the question would be how to get it to them.

UPS turns the funds over to the Union if they are no longer employed.
I'm sure the Teamsters will get it to them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now there you go again...

It is amazing some of the lies out there

Rather than call him a liar why don't you point out where he was wrong and what really happens to the retro checks for employees who are no longer working here. His solution made a lot of sense to me.

Stonefish

Rather than call him a liar why don't you point out where he was wrong and what really happens to the retro checks for employees who are no longer working here. His solution made a lot of sense to me.
it is a lie to say they turn the money over to the Union. He didn't offer a solution he made a statement. If someone no longer works at UPS and no longer pays dues the should contact the company to get the money they may have coming

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

it is a lie to say they turn the money over to the Union. He didn't offer a solution he made a statement. If someone no longer works at UPS and no longer pays dues the should contact the company to get the money they may have coming

What if it is a PTer who has no idea that he has money coming to him? What happens then? Does UPS send a check to his last known address or do they do as Hoke said and turn the money over to the Union?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Because it was pure fiction.
Think about it Goofy.
Hoaxster wasn't "lying", but he is certainly laughing now.
Why would UPS turn over any wages earned to the union for separated employees?
Closure???
LOL, don't be so gullible.

Stonefish

What if it is a PTer who has no idea that he has money coming to him? What happens then? Does UPS send a check to his last known address or do they do as Hoke said and turn the money over to the Union?
one thing is for sure it doesn't go to the hall. How do they no know they have money coming? That is one big rock they have been under since May. It is their responsibility to get it no one else.

Inthegame

Looks like Hoak is signing up seasonal help...

All employees that retire after August 1st. Will get all retro pay from august to their retire date. Including pension raises.

C

chuchu

If all else fails they can pull up their check stubs and get their calculator out and multiply it out (less taxes). Or maybe donate it to the strike fund for us to get ready for the next TA cluster.
By then, maybe we'll have some new BAs that can read.