Details, Details and Details....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All employees that retire after August 1st. Will get all retro pay from august to their retire date. Including pension raises.

Retirees should have no problem getting their retro checks. We are talking about employees no longer with the company, whether by choice or not, and how the company will handle getting them the money that they earned.

Nimnim

The Nim
I am talking about some kid who used to work the preload who didn't bother to vote or who may not have even known that there was a contract to vote on.

Yeah, there's quite a few in the RTW states, and I can even imagine in the non RTW states where the local really didn't do anything to inform the newer hires what was going on so they don't even know a contract was voted on much less they are supposed to get a retro raise.

Stonefish

All employees that retire after August 1st. Will get all retro pay from august to their retire date. Including pension raises.
I agree with you on the retro pay with raise but the pension issue might be a problem if the fund didn't receive the increase yet. They might say no. I would check with the fund before I retired. Each one might be different.

Stonefish

I am talking about some kid who used to work the preload who didn't bother to vote or who may not have even known that there was a contract to vote on.
Not that I agree that they didn't vote but with all the talk in the buildings how could they not know the contract was being voted on

Nimnim

The Nim
Not that I agree that they didn't vote but with all the talk in the buildings how could they not know the contract was being voted on

I'm in a RTW building so it's probably different, but I can count on one hand the areas of my hub that people have shown interest, two hands for the people who have shown interest. It's certainly more since I can't talk to everyone, but out of 200+ people on my shift in my location I can almost say for certain half of the PT workforce knew there was a contract vote and what it entailed. I was asked a couple weeks ago by 3 pters who all have about a year why they didn't get a raise yet. Then I also explained the vacation and option days to them. I do my best helping people understand the contract and stuff, but I'm just one pt worker on one shift, I would expect help from my local but I can't get in touch with anyone but the people that answer the phones and transfer.

PT Car Washer

You would be surprised how little some people know. Or care. Just a paycheck on Friday. Are seasonal employees entitled to the increased starting wage?

upschuck

I am sure different buildings will do it differently. For the ones that won't get delivered to the folks, they would go to the states unclaimed property division, don't know how long it that would have to be to be transferred there.

I check my different states division every once in a while...never found anything for me, but found some for family members though.

Stonefish

I'm in a RTW building so it's probably different, but I can count on one hand the areas of my hub that people have shown interest, two hands for the people who have shown interest. It's certainly more since I can't talk to everyone, but out of 200+ people on my shift in my location I can almost say for certain half of the PT workforce knew there was a contract vote and what it entailed. I was asked a couple weeks ago by 3 pters who all have about a year why they didn't get a raise yet. Then I also explained the vacation and option days to them. I do my best helping people understand the contract and stuff, but I'm just one pt worker on one shift, I would expect help from my local but I can't get in touch with anyone but the people that answer the phones and transfer.
It is a shame that you are in a RTW building I am sorry to hear that. It is up to good union people like you to spread the word. It's bad that these people who don't want to pay dues get all of the same benefits and representation but don't have to pay for it. Hopefully you get a call back from your BA if not I would call the Pres. and let him/her know the issues.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you want to know, join the union and come to a meeting...

*farts*

You feel better about yourself? Because all adults act like this.

I talk with many people within my shift as well. They often come up to me. I help them with understanding thier paycheck, union things and how to deal with your soup. What this place has a lot of are people with less then a year or two within UPS.

upschuck

*farts*

You feel better about yourself? Because all adults act like this.

I talk with many people within my shift as well. They often come up to me. I help them with understanding thier paycheck, union things and how to deal with your soup. What this place has a lot of are people with less then a year or two within UPS.

If it is too hot, I always blow on it so it doesn't burn my mouth. Otherwise, down the hatch it goes.

Stonefish

You would be surprised how little some people know. Or care. Just a paycheck on Friday. Are seasonal employees entitled to the increased starting wage?
In the Central helpers are paid at 80% of starting rate for package car drivers so if there was an increase I think they should get it. Here is the problem, although the National and Central passed there are others that didn't so it isn't completely ratified yet so it is possible that because they are seasonal and not technically employees and may not be entitled to the raises. It's a good question.