Detroit Bankrupt

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
If Corporate America bought the tax code, why is it the the second highest in the world?

I'm too lazy to Google it (I'll leave that task to Dave... ;) ) but I believe we've surpassed Japan as the highest in the world. But as you know, our effective tax rate is among the lowest of any industrialized nation. I wholly agree that the tax code needs to be re-written to create a level playing field, since the current tax rate hurts small businesses whereas many large ones pay little tax.

Last edited:

purplesky

I'm too lazy to Google it (I'll leave that task to Dave... ;) ) but I believe we've surpassed Japan as the highest in the world. But as you know, our effective tax rate is among the lowest of any industrialized nation. I wholly agree that the tax code needs to be re-written to create a level playing field, since the current tax rate hurts small businesses whereas many large ones pay little tax.

Obama wants to lower the corp. tax rate and kill the corp. tax loophole game BUT isnt it funny how the Republicans dont want to really lower the 35% corp tax rate. Because American corporations pay a effective tax rate closer to 12% AND NOT 35%.

American Corporations have spent billons in Washington to get these tax loopholes. Its Funny how Fox news and the wingnut radio crowd talk about Americas high corp. tax rates but THEY ALWAYS FORGET TO TELL THEIR WINGNUT LISTENERS THAT AMERICAN CORPORATIONS PAY VERY LITTLE TAX BECAUSE OF THESE LOOPHOLES.

purplesky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkgx1C_S6ls
It's not stupid. Saving and hoarding money is virtuous and the most important ideal in America. People will contribute to their own enslavement for a short-term gain and personal satisfaction.

Ask your average American to pick one, only one:
(1)CLEAN AIR TO BREATHE
(2)ONE BILLION BUCKS
...they're picking the latter 80-90% of the time.

The average American didnt sit in the corp. boardrooms in the 80s and 90s and choose to have their AMERICAN STANDARD OF LIVING OUTSOURCED TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

What Ross Perot said in that debate TO THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY ABOUT OUTSOURCING AMERICA IS WHY YOU HAVE DETROIT, The LOST GENERATION, A COLLEGE STUDENT LOAN DEBT CRISIS, A BABY BOOMER RETIREMENT CRISIS, SHRINKING MIDDLECLASS,FLAT WAGES FOR 30YEARS,etc. etc.

So now corp. America is sitting on record piles of cash(sitting in foreign bank accounts) and not hiring.

Fox news and wingnut radio will not tell you this part of the story that started decades ago. They just blame the unions and politicians like Detroits fall just happened yesterday.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's not stupid. Saving and hoarding money is virtuous and the most important ideal in America. People will contribute to their own enslavement for a short-term gain and personal satisfaction.

Ask your average American to pick one, only one:
(1)CLEAN AIR TO BREATHE
(2)ONE BILLION BUCKS
...they're picking the latter 80-90% of the time.

With that billion dollars ill buy the best air filter in the world. Lol

klein

Für Meno :)
It's odd, all you need to do is cross a bridge and it's a 3rd world country !
Not sure what went wrong there, but most credit goes towards the housing bubble - when all housing prices went belly up.
Really hard to stay in a home, if you own more than it's worth - much more !
Edmonton is spending $6 Billion this year - new downtown Hockey Arena, 5 highrisers, new Art Museum, and a new downtown Museum.
Proud to be here, but do feel sorry for Detroit !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's odd, all you need to do is cross a bridge and it's a 3rd world country !
Not sure what went wrong there, but most credit goes towards the housing bubble - when all housing prices went belly up.
Really hard to stay in a home, if you own more than it's worth - much more !
Edmonton is spending $6 Billion this year - new downtown Hockey Arena, 5 highrisers, new Art Museum, and a new downtown Museum.
Proud to be here, but do feel sorry for Detroit !

Let's see ... Edmonton with klein or Detroit without klein ????

Hard decision.

moreluck

golden ticket member
dggs3o.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Detroit would now be emerging from bankruptcy, instead of facing it...........Obama just prolonged the inevitable and it cost the taxpayer's $$$$$.

M

MenInBrown

That picture of Hiroshima LOOKS LIKE REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSHS IRAQ:happy-very:. TOO BAD THE AMERICAN TAXPAYERS CANT GET THE TRILLION DOLLARS BACK WE WASTED ON A REPUBLICAN MISSION NOT ACCOMPLISHED.:wink2: Thank GOD OBAMA KILLED BIN LADEN AND HELPED SAVE GM!

Im glad Obama used the intel gathered in 2003 of the courier to lead us to Osama...good job Bush.

Upsmule

The contrasts to these pictures are terrific. Those on the right post pics that speak the truth, that only evoke even more malice hatred and bitterness shown in the lies and half truths from pictures posted by those on the left. Thanks for the laughs!