Detroit Bankrupt

purplesky

Im glad Obama used the intel gathered in 2003 of the courier to lead us to Osama...good job Bush.

Obama ACTUALLY did give Bush MUCH credit for helping with finding Bin Laden. I guess you forgot.:wink2:

The Republicans were the ones who ran a stupid political campaign(probably Karl Rove) that tried to claim Obama had nothing to do with getting Bin Laden despite the fact that Obama made the ACTUAL call to start the mission.

The history books will give both Bush and Obama credit for getting Bin Laden. Bush owns Iraq(HUGE TRILLION DOLLAR BLUNDER) and makes him the worst president ever.

purplesky

The contrasts to these pictures are terrific. Those on the right post pics that speak the truth, that only evoke even more malice hatred and bitterness shown in the lies and half truths from pictures posted by those on the left. Thanks for the laughs!

So are you saying Iraq was a success for Bush or anybody on the planet besides Haliburton:wink2:? Didnt Twitt Robme make a fortune outsourcing American jobs? Do American corporations really pay a corp. tax rate of 35% after they use all the corp. tax loopholes they buy in Washington?

Is Obama really to blame for all of Detroits problems that started 30+ years ago? Was Ross Perot correct in 1992 when he called out the AMERICAN business community and warned them about what AMERICA will look like IF YOU OUTSOURCE AMERICAN JOBS?

purplesky

This wont be REPORTED ON FOX NEWS!:wink2: I wonder if all this American job outsourcing has hurt the American economy?

stop.png
A Washington Post/ABC News poll released this morning finds that 44 percent, a plurality, of Americans think the economy is getting worse, rather than staying the same or getting better. With unemployment hovering around 9.6 percent while economic inequality is at levels not seen since the Depression, many Americans feel as if the economy is leaving them behind.
The Wall Street Journal reports today that Corporate America certainly isn’t doing its part to help bring America out of its economic malaise. The paper surveyed employment data by some of the nation’s largest corporations — General Electric, Caterpillar, Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Chevron, Cisco, Intel, Stanley Works, Merck, United Technologies, and Oracle — and found that they cut their workforces by 2.9 million people over the last decade while hiring 2.4 million people overseas.
The paper notes that this is actually a sharp reversal from trends in the late 1990s, when these major companies were creating more jobs in the United States than overseas. Yet by 2001, things took a turn for the worse, and these corporations have been adding more jobs abroad than at home, as is illustrated here:

wherejobs.jpg
As you can see from the chart, the economic recession has had little impact on Corporate America’s patriotism. In fact, in 2009, representatives of many of the nation’s most powerful corporations attended the “2009 Strategic Outsourcing Conference” to talk about how to send American jobs overseas. Conference organizers polled the more than 70 senior executives who attended the conference about the behavior of their companies in response to the recession. The majority said their companies increased outsourcing in response to the downturn, with only 9 percent saying they terminated some outsourcing agreements:
outpl1.jpg
Another question asked of the executives found that the top reason for companies to outsource was to “reduce operating costs” (46 percent of respondents). Only 12 percent of respondents said their reason for outsourcing was “access to world class capabilities.” This means companies are outsourcing to save themselves money, not make better products.
Unfortunately, for some of these companies, sending American jobs overseas isn’t enough. They also want to bring the profits back into the United States with as little tax liability as possible. Cisco Systems, which had 26 percent of its workforce abroad at the start of the decade but 46 percent of its workforce abroad by the end, is currently involved in a lobbying campaign titled “Win America” calling for a tax repatriation holiday that would let big corporations “bring money they have stashed overseas back to the U.S. at a dramatically lower tax rate.” A similar tax break in 2004 actually increased the amount of money companies store overseas.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From 2011.....couldn't you find anything more current.........you're right, FOX isn't reporting the unemployment rate as 9.6%........that's old stuff!

Upsmule

This wont be REPORTED ON FOX NEWS!:wink2: I wonder if all this American job outsourcing has hurt the American economy?

stop.png
A Washington Post/ABC News poll released this morning finds that 44 percent, a plurality, of Americans think the economy is getting worse, rather than staying the same or getting better. With unemployment hovering around 9.6 percent while economic inequality is at levels not seen since the Depression, many Americans feel as if the economy is leaving them behind.
The Wall Street Journal reports today that Corporate America certainly isn’t doing its part to help bring America out of its economic malaise. The paper surveyed employment data by some of the nation’s largest corporations — General Electric, Caterpillar, Microsoft, Wal-Mart, Chevron, Cisco, Intel, Stanley Works, Merck, United Technologies, and Oracle — and found that they cut their workforces by 2.9 million people over the last decade while hiring 2.4 million people overseas.
The paper notes that this is actually a sharp reversal from trends in the late 1990s, when these major companies were creating more jobs in the United States than overseas. Yet by 2001, things took a turn for the worse, and these corporations have been adding more jobs abroad than at home, as is illustrated here:

wherejobs.jpg
As you can see from the chart, the economic recession has had little impact on Corporate America’s patriotism. In fact, in 2009, representatives of many of the nation’s most powerful corporations attended the “2009 Strategic Outsourcing Conference” to talk about how to send American jobs overseas. Conference organizers polled the more than 70 senior executives who attended the conference about the behavior of their companies in response to the recession. The majority said their companies increased outsourcing in response to the downturn, with only 9 percent saying they terminated some outsourcing agreements:
outpl1.jpg
Another question asked of the executives found that the top reason for companies to outsource was to “reduce operating costs” (46 percent of respondents). Only 12 percent of respondents said their reason for outsourcing was “access to world class capabilities.” This means companies are outsourcing to save themselves money, not make better products.
Unfortunately, for some of these companies, sending American jobs overseas isn’t enough. They also want to bring the profits back into the United States with as little tax liability as possible. Cisco Systems, which had 26 percent of its workforce abroad at the start of the decade but 46 percent of its workforce abroad by the end, is currently involved in a lobbying campaign titled “Win America” calling for a tax repatriation holiday that would let big corporations “bring money they have stashed overseas back to the U.S. at a dramatically lower tax rate.” A similar tax break in 2004 actually increased the amount of money companies store overseas.

More irony....speaking of out sourcing....the people of DC need jobs but the bureaucrats with their heads too far up their own asses to see reality have told Wal-Mart no thanks. Perfect liberal "logic."

Upsmule

So are you saying Iraq was a success for Bush or anybody on the planet besides Haliburton:wink2:? Didnt Twitt Robme make a fortune outsourcing American jobs? Do American corporations really pay a corp. tax rate of 35% after they use all the corp. tax loopholes they buy in Washington?

Is Obama really to blame for all of Detroits problems that started 30+ years ago? Was Ross Perot correct in 1992 when he called out the AMERICAN business community and warned them about what AMERICA will look like IF YOU OUTSOURCE AMERICAN JOBS?

Only a maroon would be niave enough to actually believe that only republicans capitalize from outsourcing. I'm not calling you a maroon per se but hey, if the shoe fits....

M

MenInBrown

Obama ACTUALLY did give Bush MUCH credit for helping with finding Bin Laden. I guess you forgot.:wink2:

The Republicans were the ones who ran a stupid political campaign(probably Karl Rove) that tried to claim Obama had nothing to do with getting Bin Laden despite the fact that Obama made the ACTUAL call to start the mission.

The history books will give both Bush and Obama credit for getting Bin Laden. Bush owns Iraq(HUGE TRILLION DOLLAR BLUNDER) and makes him the worst president ever.

I responded to your post of which you decided not to enter that info....right? But by this post I can see you like telling half of a story...Obama owns it all now with his 6+ trillion dollar blunder

M

MenInBrown

Oh wow...blame somebody else? not surprised. Take a look at this video and he explains why outsourcing even occurs. you probably wont understand it but take a look.

BEST SPEECH OF 2012! (BILL WHITTLE) - YouTube

moreluck

golden ticket member
Those employees of the city never paid social security or medicare like you and I...........didn't they put any money away for themselves ? I don't feel so sorry for Detroit..............let them go bankrupt and come back leaner and meaner !!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those employees of the city never paid social security or medicare like you and I...........didn't they put any money away for themselves ? I don't feel so sorry for Detroit..............let them go bankrupt and come back leaner and meaner !!

Many public employees have not put away for themselves. With the pensions they were promised its really no wonder why. My parents haven't put away hardly anything. One a teacher another a park ranger.

I'm not saying its right. Just the way it is. Many ups employees haven't put much away for themselves because most should be able to live fine off the promised pension and SS.

purplesky

From 2011.....couldn't you find anything more current.........you're right, FOX isn't reporting the unemployment rate as 9.6%........that's old stuff!

Outsourcing has been going on for decades. I could find some 30 year old stats if you want. These are 24 months old. Thats soooo long ago. :happy-very:

purplesky

More irony....speaking of out sourcing....the people of DC need jobs but the bureaucrats with their heads too far up their own asses to see reality have told Wal-Mart no thanks. Perfect liberal "logic."

Taxpayers are now supporting some Walmart workers who qualify for welfare because of the low wages Walmart pays. Taxpayers and cities have been kissing Walmarts ass just to get stores built in their community for years. USE TO BE THE SAME WITH SPORTS STADIUMS USING TAX DOLLARS TO BUILD. NOT ANY MORE.

In my city the taxpayers are now saying no to Walmart when it comes to getting tax breaks to build their stores.

I actually think its pretty bold for the city to standup to Walmart. Hey atleast people are talking about LOW wages in America. ITS A PROBLEM.:wink2:

purplesky

Only a maroon would be niave enough to actually believe that only republicans capitalize from outsourcing. I'm not calling you a maroon per se but hey, if the shoe fits....

Oh its Democrats also. I said there is blame to go around for all parties. That includes city officials,unions,etc.

My main point is that outsourcing is really the biggest factor in the fall of Detroit and really for the whole country over the last 30+ years.

Its the business community running the show. The reality is the BIG CORP. MONEY is behind the REPUBLICAN MACHINE.

purplesky

Oh wow...blame somebody else? not surprised. Take a look at this video and he explains why outsourcing even occurs. you probably wont understand it but take a look.

BEST SPEECH OF 2012! (BILL WHITTLE) - YouTube

Why dont you just tell us genius about AMERICAN job outsourcing in your own words. So when Ross Perot in 1992 warned the business community in America about the effects of outsourcing America, was Ross Perot just blaming somebody else? Ross Perot was a businessman was he not?

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? Probably not but sit on the crapper and think about it. I am kidding.

Ok MR. so I just wasted 15 minutes of my life watching this BILL Whittle wingnut cry about TWITT ROBME and the sad state of the Republican party. Poor Whittle seems upset that a democratic president with such a low floor beat his Republican candidate for president. Kind of funny.:wink2:

There isnt really anything about outsourcing American jobs in that video. So Twitt Robme has $250million and its offshore? Yawn. Twitt hates taxes? yawn. nothing new.

Its interesting that Ross Perot (A VERY WEALTHY MAN) actually cared about this country and thought of the people in it.

Then you have Twitt Robme who only cares about himself and his $250 million parked offshore. Twitt is not a true American because he doesnt care about America.:wink2:

After watching this rightwing video I do like Hillary Clintons chances. or Bidens. or hell even Kerry. or Gore.:grouphug: next go around.

Last edited: