detroit bankruptcy affecting UPS drivers?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
the regulations on coal and the mining industry has greatly effected my area.our volume has dropped and with ups increasing our stops per car,and the increase in surepost.we have cut out 2 runs in a 10 car center.our local towns look abandoned and merchants are struggling also.this is a predominate democratic area that supported obama and the dream has backfired.

I call BS. Proposals were just made to further regulate the industry, but nothing definite has occurred. Plenty of reasons exist as to why the coal industry has been in decline, and most aren't political.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, isn't it simply that alot of generating plants are switching to natural gas because it's cheaper and cleaner?

bigblu 2 you

I call BS. Proposals were just made to further regulate the industry, but nothing definite has occurred. Plenty of reasons exist as to why the coal industry has been in decline, and most aren't political.
call what you will.i have spoken to countless miners and their owner/operators.i have no knowledge myself of the mining industry and dont care to tell you so.but i listen to the unemployed miners and their leaders and the common thread is obama and regulations.also i hear of catering to anti-mountain top removal groups and "clean air activists/lobby-ist. wind and natural gas has been pushed since day one and the coal fired plants have been targeted.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
call what you will.i have spoken to countless miners and their owner/operators.i have no knowledge myself of the mining industry and dont care to tell you so.but i listen to the unemployed miners and their leaders and the common thread is obama and regulations.also i hear of catering to anti-mountain top removal groups and "clean air activists/lobby-ist. wind and natural gas has been pushed since day one and the coal fired plants have been targeted.

If you have no knowledge of the industry yourself, then you should refrain from formulating judgement until you've fully educated yourself. Thus far, Obama has not increased regulation within the coal/mining industry -- while his administration has proposed doing so, they only did so last month & it'll take 2-3 years (or more) for such proposals to be affirmed, and many more before they're enacted. Thus, your comments (hearsay) are false. The real reason for the decline of the coal industry in recent years, as bbsam pointed out, is that natural gas is cheaper & more abundant. While some will place a political spin on the topic, it all comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

bigblu 2 you

my judgments and opinions are free, i dont charge for them.i will formulate them as i feel needed.looking at your tdu banner i have formulated another judgment.small things like that speak loudly.you should know that even proposals and rumors effect business.what is "proposed"2-3 years can move a market today.if regulations were proposed on delivery companies to be implemented in 2-3 years, would it effect customers and companies today?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
my judgments and opinions are free, i dont charge for them.i will formulate them as i feel needed.looking at your tdu banner i have formulated another judgment.small things like that speak loudly.you should know that even proposals and rumors effect business.what is "proposed"2-3 years can move a market today.if regulations were proposed on delivery companies to be implemented in 2-3 years, would it effect customers and companies today?

Your comments illustrate why our country is so friend---ed up. Absolutely NO additional regulation has been imposed on the coal industry -- ZERO, NO, NADA, NONE. What was proposed last month (which will likely be defeated, anyway) didn't lead to the struggles you're referring to -- the cheap price of natural gas, which yields larger profits for utility companies, did. But you choose to ignore fact & cling to misnomers & fallacies.