DEX08

whenIgetthere

Has anyone else gotten the news on DEX08's. We were told today that all 08's must have two attempts per day, and we will be hit with the lates for any 08's. First I asked the managers if we had to report DEX08's as late when sending dispatch our lates at 1030, and they said yes. I also asked the managers if we get hit with two lates if an 08 is also an 08 on reattempt, and they said YES! One manager said we will be hit with 2 RDL's if not delivered on first day. So I told them two reasons for this: 1) No purple promise payout in the future, they'll tell us service levels are down, so no payout (Whoppee, no extra $100 next year) and 2) the fewer DEX08 deleivered on second attempt, the fewer routes needed. Got the evil eye from all the managers when I spoke up about this. This is total B.S., how about we knock off a dozen or so levels of cube dwellers in Memphis and a few levels at each district office. I know the assistant to our district manager, and she has to be there as long as the director is there, so she's getting 60 hours a week, at least 20 of which she does nothing (her words)!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
How will this affect your review score?
I don't think it will.
The only things I worry about are the things that hurt my review score and therefor, my merit increase.

whenIgetthere

How will this affect your review score?
I don't think it will.
The only things I worry about are the things that hurt my review score and therefor, my merit increase.

I'm sure they'll find a way for it to affect our review, if it screws the courier, Fred's all for it. It's one more way for the pencil pushers to say it's not our fault, it's the couriers fault.

LTFedExer

Has anyone else gotten the news on DEX08's. We were told today that all 08's must have two attempts per day,
Been that way here for a few years, but only for businesses.
First I asked the managers if we had to report DEX08's as late when sending dispatch our lates at 1030, and they said yes. I also asked the managers if we get hit with two lates if an 08 is also an 08 on reattempt, and they said YES! One manager said we will be hit with 2 RDL's if not delivered on first day.
Not true here.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Has anyone else gotten the news on DEX08's. We were told today that all 08's must have two attempts per day, and we will be hit with the lates for any 08's. First I asked the managers if we had to report DEX08's as late when sending dispatch our lates at 1030, and they said yes. I also asked the managers if we get hit with two lates if an 08 is also an 08 on reattempt, and they said YES! One manager said we will be hit with 2 RDL's if not delivered on first day. So I told them two reasons for this: 1) No purple promise payout in the future, they'll tell us service levels are down, so no payout (Whoppee, no extra $100 next year) and 2) the fewer DEX08 deleivered on second attempt, the fewer routes needed. Got the evil eye from all the managers when I spoke up about this. This is total B.S., how about we knock off a dozen or so levels of cube dwellers in Memphis and a few levels at each district office. I know the assistant to our district manager, and she has to be there as long as the director is there, so she's getting 60 hours a week, at least 20 of which she does nothing (her words)!

Not yet, but I'm not really surprised. Here's my two cents.

1.Volumes are down, so some VP thought that we would have "extra time". Very smart, considering that most stations are already short-handed and collapsing routes regularly as people quit or are fired. Service levels suck because nobody cares anymore, which really shouldn't be news to MEM. This shows once again, just how detached they are from reality, and that if fat needs to be cut, maybe it should be in Elvisland.

2. This is an excellent way to drive employees out the door by micromanaging them to point where it's just too much to tolerate. They are OLCCing for even the most minor infractions, probably as a means of culling the herd before Ground takes over E2 and XS. The last couple of JCATS Postings should be proof positive that Fred wants to make Express a part-time division.

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse...it does.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We were supposed to be doing this for business 08's the last few years but in extended areas this is not even practical.

With later start times this even a more of a moronic idea.

quadro

I'm sure they'll find a way for it to affect our review, if it screws the courier, Fred's all for it. It's one more way for the pencil pushers to say it's not our fault, it's the couriers fault.
No way to affect your review score because as of September 1 there will be no review score.

quadro

We're still waiting.
I'm sorry I didn't stay up all night just in case someone asked a question.

I don't have any details. I just know that the review as we know it won't exist after Sept 1. We should hear more about it today. There's more than just the review changing as review scores tie into some other things such as jcats and raises.

Cactus

I'm sorry I didn't stay up all night just in case someone asked a question.

I don't have any details. I just know that the review as we know it won't exist after Sept 1. We should hear more about it today. There's more than just the review changing as review scores tie into some other things such as jcats and raises.

Understood, but when you have such an announcement, there is such a thing as a litlle elaboration because we're obviously gonna want to know.

Do keep us posted.

quadro

Understood, but when you have such an announcement, there is such a thing as a litlle elaboration because we're obviously gonna want to know.

Do keep us posted.
Understood and if I had more details I would have gladly posted them. I posted what I had at the time and as I thought about it, the jcats and raise thing just made sense so that is a bit of a guess but an educated one. I'm pretty sure we'll get official announcements today. It wasn't like I had a super scoop or anything as I found out less than 24 hours before the official announcement and word has actually been out since about Friday.

vantexan

Understood and if I had more details I would have gladly posted them. I posted what I had at the time and as I thought about it, the jcats and raise thing just made sense so that is a bit of a guess but an educated one. I'm pretty sure we'll get official announcements today. It wasn't like I had a super scoop or anything as I found out less than 24 hours before the official announcement and word has actually been out since about Friday.

Asked mgr this morning if she had heard about a new review system, said no. When I came off road she said they'd gotten a memo, would be telling us tomorrow about it. She asked how'd I hear about first and I just said there are people on the Internet who seem to have connections. I hope it's a nice surprise.

Cactus

Asked mgr this morning if she had heard about a new review system, said no. When I came off road she said they'd gotten a memo, would be telling us tomorrow about it. She asked how'd I hear about first and I just said there are people on the Internet who seem to have connections. I hope it's a nice surprise.

Nice?

If it comes from Memphis it'll be anything but.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Quadro,
I'm dying to hear more.
Just tonight, my mgr. mentioned the memo and mentioned something to the effect of no more reviews and won't involve merit increases but, it was during the re-load and he said he hadn't read the memo all the way.

It's of a big concern to me b/c I'm looking at my 3rd 7 in a row. But, there seems to be some weirdness on PODs vs VANs. I hit both numbers over the 7 goal and they're dinging me. So, I questioned it. We'll see.

jmeti000

I got a copy of the memo managers got today, it goes something like this...The review system will no longer be used starting Sep. 1st. Instead, there will be a yearly sit down with your manager and he/she will go over areas you need to improve, and what areas your doing well in. All bid positions will be based on seniority alone (from what I understand its the same formula, just minus the points from the review), and letters no longer will stop an employee from being able to bid..however what is in their file might, (for example, if your letter/s have direct effect on your performance for the new position). We were told that FedEx will also be adjusting the pay as well so their employees will be paid more towards the "industry standard" and there was also mention of potentially reaching the top out pay at a quicker pace. Everyone will now get the same raise amount on their year anniversary based on what the rate is for that year and what your position is. We werent told all the details yet as far as pay is concerned or how those with current CEV points will be affected as far as seniority, but this particular manager did mention that she believes it is in direct relation to the union issues and FedEx trying to avert employees from signing cards should RLA status be changed. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out though.

whenIgetthere

I got a copy of the memo managers got today, it goes something like this...The review system will no longer be used starting Sep. 1st. Instead, there will be a yearly sit down with your manager and he/she will go over areas you need to improve, and what areas your doing well in. All bid positions will be based on seniority alone (from what I understand its the same formula, just minus the points from the review), and letters no longer will stop an employee from being able to bid..however what is in their file might, (for example, if your letter/s have direct effect on your performance for the new position). We were told that FedEx will also be adjusting the pay as well so their employees will be paid more towards the "industry standard" and there was also mention of potentially reaching the top out pay at a quicker pace. Everyone will now get the same raise amount on their year anniversary based on what the rate is for that year and what your position is. We werent told all the details yet as far as pay is concerned or how those with current CEV points will be affected as far as seniority, but this particular manager did mention that she believes it is in direct relation to the union issues and FedEx trying to avert employees from signing cards should RLA status be changed. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out though.

I sure hope you're right on all the above!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

No kidding...and since I have my review tomorrow, I will just have to bring all this up since being on FO's means no meetings for me...boo hoo I miss them so much.

Damon77

This all sounds too good to be true. I'm skeptical until I see it myself, but these would be welcome changes, especially since I got my first warning letter of my 13 year career because I cracked a mirror while backing out of the station.