DHL, FedEx suspend shipments to Russian customers

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
DHL, FedEx suspend shipments to Russian customers - Reuters

Express delivery companies DHL and FedEx said on Thursday they had suspended foreign shipments to individual customers in Russia because of stricter customs procedures, making it harder for internet users to buy goods from abroad.

UPS said it had seen significant delays in delivery of packages to private individuals in Russia due to the additional customs procedures. TNT and DPD could not be reached.

Doc Sorting Dude

I have one account who tried shipping to Russia. Once they cleared customs the shipments they sent never got to their customers. That's about a corrupt a place as you can imagine.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Looks like a transfer for Tom Hanks!

The most memorable part of "Castaway" was the Tom Hanks character when he was in Russia. Totally Purple, and willing to do anything to get the job done. Perhaps he learned WAD when he was stuck on the island, because it's hard to imagine anyone having that level of dedication any more.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The most memorable part of "Castaway" was the Tom Hanks character when he was in Russia. Totally Purple, and willing to do anything to get the job done. Perhaps he learned WAD when he was stuck on the island, because it's hard to imagine anyone having that level of dedication any more.

If you recall he spent part of that time trying to save as many of the packages as possible.

hypo hanna

If you recall he spent part of that time trying to save as many of the packages as possible.
I know, what an idiot! Isn't the first priority in a survival situation to inventory and asess what you have and how you can use it? I kept wanting him to open that last box after he returned and find a fully charged satellite phone.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Wonder who has the original "Wilson" volleyball??
The guys on the rescue ship used it as target practice. I saw it on the out-takes.

Little did Tom know then that years later he'd leave his dead-end job at FedEx and get a job driving the same ship that fished him out of the ocean. And then he gets hijacked and taken hostage by pirates....the guy just can't win