DHL Problems

traveler

Where next? Venice
Wow, that's the first news I've heard about them wanting to sell to us. It could happen, because DHL probably has air routes we want and a strong presence in foreign countries we would also be interested in. FedEx bought Flying Tigers back in 1989 mainly to get Asian cargo routes and landing slots, so it's been done before.

The fact that DHL is union is problematic. If you look at all the companies FedEx has bought-up, they're basically all non-union. Fred S doesn't like unions, and unless DHL de-certified or fired all of it's union people, I don't think FedEx would bite.

I do think you misread the prior post. It seems to me that Deutsch Post wants to sell the "US Operation" not all of DHL per the following quote:

"wants to sell its loss-making U.S. DHL business to rival Fedex"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are correct, I did misread it. FedEx might be interested in some of DHL's aircraft, but probably not it's US operations, and definitely not it's people, who are in an "evil" union. I'm wondering, however, if DHL would give-up a couple juicy international air routes in order to dump it's US disaster? I'd have trouble understanding why FedEx would want a duplicate US operation anyway.

moodaddy247

I can't drive 55
I agree; I read about this in this mornings paper...www.enquirer.com
(cincinnati) It would seem that fed wants to buy other ppl's debt + problems...

what could they possibly want (need) from dhl? plz enlighten