DHL

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Dhl is the biggest air delivery company in the world. Also. A branch of the deutch post office. From Germany. They did try to bully their way into America about 10 yrs ago. Spent 100 billion. Then realized, and pulled back out. They also own part of Tnt. Which we unsuccessfully were unable to purchase. Btw. The head of the European Union. Is from Germany also. Think a little bias maybe

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They advertise for us as they roll up blasting their radios with some obscene language in a strip shopping center, blowing through cross walk signs, and some dude that looks like he just got out of jail.

STFXG

They actually had a good amount of volume. They were just poorly managed. Signed contracts with ridiculously low rates and had some pretty big accounts. Problem was they would take a couple weeks to get some of the stuff delivered. Once the contracts were up the big shippers moved back. Had they ran more efficiently they could have held up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
mvc010scustom0on.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I used to buy and sell stuff online I used dhl once for an order. Tracking showed my package had been sitting in an airport for 2 days so I called to see what was up. They told me the plane was too full for 2 days so they just didn't put it on the plane...

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

Avalon

Avalon
Dhl is supposed to be making some kind of advance in the freight industry to compete against FedEx, Conway and UPSF.
They own a company based in East Moline IA. called Standard Forwarding. Let's see if it ever goes anywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
Dhl is supposed to be making some kind of advance in the freight industry to compete against FedEx, Conway and UPSF.
They own a company based in East Moline IA. called Standard Forwarding. Let's see if it ever goes anywhere.

Sent using BrownCafe App
really? I thought Standard Forwarding was just a small regional LTL around here.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I used to buy and sell stuff online I used dhl once for an order. Tracking showed my package had been sitting in an airport for 2 days so I called to see what was up. They told me the plane was too full for 2 days so they just didn't put it on the plane...

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

That sounds like UPS at Christmas only UPS used the same excuse for 2 weeks

laffter

When I was self-employed and shipped packages almost daily, I started off using DHL back when they had a presence here (in this country). Ground prices were cheaper than UPS or FedEx. I never experienced anything unusual. As far as I'm concerned, when you pay for a "basic" Ground service- it gets there when it gets there, and it always seemed to be within a reasonable period of time. When DHL disappeared, I moved to FedEx. They have 24-hour stores where you can drop off and pay for shipments around the clock, and to my knowledge, are still cheaper than UPS Ground.