Diad 3 clip

currahee

Does anyone have an extra diad 3 clip or one they dont use anymore. I recently broke my last one. I didnt realize how important that little plastic clip was.I have tried the new one for diad 4 HATE IT.

BrownArmy

Having never had the DIAD 3 clip (I started post DIAD 3), I've never known anything different.

Some others I work with still rock the 3 clip and won't use the 4 clip...

I find that there is a sweet spot on your belt with the 4 clip where the DIAD won't rock back and forth when you're walking. It works for me.

I fell out of the back of my package car yesterday, flat ass on the ground (no good story, just a super-clumsy move, I was totally fine). I fell on the ground in full view of a small private school office...that was embarrassing enough, but my 4 clip did not survive the fall and I had to carry the DIAD in like it was just another package.

Sweet!

TheDick

Hated clip 4.0 at first but new didad kept falling out and leaned out at an angle so i sounded every doorframe when i entered a busi. Got used to new clip, is now my FAV. Wouldnt go back for anything

rossco

i came on to ups and have only used diad 4 clip. one guy gave me a diad 3 clip that i only use in emergencys. i hate it. i love the diad 4 clip and i think it works perfect. i can slap the diad in any time and never gets in the way. i keep the diad 3 clip for my peak helper to use, but didnt this year cause i didnt trust my helper to not lose it. if you want my diad 3 clip let me know, i will part with it.

ups79

I like the clip made of wire that the mechanic usually made for the drivers. The clip board hung on it so well.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Never used a clip or pouch, hate em all. If I can't carry it, I use a 2 wheeler.
Can't stand 5lbs hanging from my belt.

I'm with you, I can't stand either one. The only time I have used a pouch is when I used to hang one on my hand truck. I tried a DIAD 4 clip one day, I didn't like the DIAD bouncing off my hip all day. Since the DIAD 5 looks to be smaller and lighter, I imagine a clip for it will be worth a try. We have a shortage of 4 clips, I guess they don't make them anymore. Our OMS has signs up asking drivers to bring in their extras.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I tried using a clip but it dug into the fat on my waist and I didnt like the way that the DIAD kept swinging and slapping my butt cheek. The clip also got tangled up in the seatbelt buckle. I dont use a pouch either, I either hang the DIAD on the handtruck handle or just put it on top of whatever box I am carrying.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Never knew DIAD 3 had a clip. I fought off using the DIAD 4 clip but now I can't live without it. I just wish it didn't fit so tight. I drop the board more trying to hit the clip then I did without it.