DIAD 3 compared to DIAD 4

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
you must of been driving before this electronic crap came into existance....oh yeah, did I mention diad 4 they can track you via gps!!!! another tool to micro manage the back bone of this company...if you go under option 6 communications then push option 8 (I know there is no option 8) but if you push it it will bring you to a screen with all kinds of garbage on it with latitude and longitude which is accurate right down to the millionenth!!

It took me forever to get proficient on diad 3. I was just getting really good at it and they change to 4. Not happy.

Oh by the by I checked my diad today and 'lo and behold'
there was the info on option 8 under comm. And there is also info of some sort or another in option 9.

filthpig

I don't mind 4 at all. It's much faster at scanning than 3 and weighs less. I feel like I'm carrying a surfboard with 3. The toggle key sucks, but that's really my only problem.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
You don't have the Findbc (find barcode) feature yet???
On ares if you scan something and it won't scan, you have the option of pressing the f5 soft key and the only thing you have to do is enter 4 digits of the barcode and hit enter...but you have to have EDD to do so.

Sometimes that doesn't work, for instance, in order to make my 15 window pu at walmart, sometimes I have to pre-record while scanning their delivery and go into pu and complete the pu, then the find bc won't work when I go back. It also doesn't show how many pieces remaining.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Stop complete the pickup when you get to walmart. Then go back and edit the pickup when the delivery is finished. The pickup window is 15 minutes either way so you have 1/2 hour to make the pickup. The scanning feature died on my diad at 11am the other day. The Fnd BC allowed me to continue the rest of the day. ARS and Prepaid and pickup bar codes were a pain though. I still like DIAD 1 the best. It was all key punching but you could fly on it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The "engineer" who decided to put the signiature key in the exact spot where a customers thumb will activate it when you hand it to them needs to be castrated to prevent his retarded spawn from doing any more damage to the gene pool.

DiadDude

The "engineer" who decided to put the signiature key in the exact spot where a customers thumb will activate it when you hand it to them needs to be castrated to prevent his retarded spawn from doing any more damage to the gene pool.

The DIAD 4 was not "engineered" to be signed upside-down. It was to be handled as the DIAD 2 was and signed right side up. During the initial testing of the device, the users (read drivers) asked that the signature screen be inverted like the DIAD 3, and voila, the second most annoying feature of the DIAD 4 was born.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The DIAD 4 was not "engineered" to be signed upside-down. It was to be handled as the DIAD 2 was and signed right side up. During the initial testing of the device, the users (read drivers) asked that the signature screen be inverted like the DIAD 3, and voila, the second most annoying feature of the DIAD 4 was born.
Relocating the signature key would solve this problem. I cant calculate how much time I have wasted having to cycle thru the sig. button because a customer acidentally presses the button.
I also hope that future versions of the DIAD have a full numeric keypad instead of the idiotic "friend-shift" key. I have used all 4 versions of the DIAD, and DIAD 4 was by far the hardest to learn and continues to be the hardest and slowest to use.

I would definately rather use diad 3 unless I have a 3000 pc delivery...Then diad 4 blows diad 3 outta the water. Can save 45 min. to an hour at that one stop with diad 4.

pretzel_man

Relocating the signature key would solve this problem. I cant calculate how much time I have wasted having to cycle thru the sig. button because a customer acidentally presses the button.
I also hope that future versions of the DIAD have a full numeric keypad instead of the idiotic "friend-shift" key. I have used all 4 versions of the DIAD, and DIAD 4 was by far the hardest to learn and continues to be the hardest and slowest to use.

Couldn't the problem also be remedied by using a different key (like a soft key) to exit the signature screen?

In essence, the signature key would not longer be a problem if the customer pressed it.

Of course, you would have to learn this new sequence.

P-Man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every once in a while I will forget to toggle between alpha and numeric but other than that DIAD 4, when couple w/EDD and a sound DOL, have made my day that much smoother. I love the Find BC feature but it only works if the pkg has gone through EDD and has a PAL. The signature button can be a pain.

upsdude

I knew it had to be the driver's fault,everything else is.

Software upgrade, require the signature button to be pressed twice to bring up the verify screen.

DiadDude

Couldn't the problem also be remedied by using a different key (like a soft key) to exit the signature screen?

In essence, the signature key would not longer be a problem if the customer pressed it.

Of course, you would have to learn this new sequence.

P-Man

Yes, that is one of many solutions that have been kicked around for this problem.