diad 3 for helpers

sano

Just had driver helper training/ orientation this week.
This was my first chance to get my hands on a diad(other than signing for deliveries at my prior company)

What in the world is up with the letters being arranged alphabetically? Would it not be much faster if it where qwerty?
Am i missing something?

pretzel_man

I guess it sounds good but....

A QWERTY keyboard requires 10 keys across (minimum).

Look at the DIAD. I think there are 7 keys across.

Do they make the keys 50% smaller? Make the DIAD wider?

Looks like the current keypad was a trade off. Most things in life are.

P-Man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just had driver helper training/ orientation this week.
This was my first chance to get my hands on a diad(other than signing for deliveries at my prior company)

What in the world is up with the letters being arranged alphabetically? Would it not be much faster if it where qwerty?
Am i missing something?

What the hell is qwerty? Is it something that is contagious?

Due to the size constraints on the keyboard area, qwerty would not work in this application and, to be honest, would be more time consuming than the current alphabetical setup. Besides, most of the keys have more than one function, so applying multiple functions to a qwerty setup could be very confusing for the end user.

The DIAD works very efficiently with the keyboard set up alphabetically.

Brownnblue

I can understand your point, but once you are on the road with it for a few hours you will get used to the alphabetical setup.

Does this mean that all the Christmas helpers will actually be trained on the diad before their first day on the road? Does this mean that I won't have draw little diagrams on how to use the diad when my helper is away from the truck? Does this mean that VTbrown (remember him?) won't tell us to "smile and make the best of it" when you have the train the helper on UPS equipment?