DIAD 5

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I noticed you had the heater on---chilly day in Hotlanta yesterday?

Its cool in the morning when I shot this pic on my first break, I run my heater and usually have my right side door open. It was 73 Thursday, had shorts on. Friday was rainy in the morning and 15 degrees cooler, so back to long pants.

I like the new Diad, it works great. Its weird that it doesn't have a DR key, you have to use the touchscreen. Its lightweight and I can hold it in either hand and use the keys. I crushed my right thumb in an accident 25 years ago, leaving me with no sense of touch at the tip, I didn't have any problem at all with it. I hate the bulky holster that came with it, its small so that its easier to put under my arm if I need both hands for something. It will also fit in my right pants pocket. Not a good weapon to protect a driver from a bad dog though, not much to shove down a dog's throat.

old levi's

blank space
utf-8BSU1BRzAxMzQuanBn.jpg
After over five years since I started this thread,I finally got DIAD 5 today. I like it. I also went keyless last Friday, its all good.

That's gonna look good in my Batman utility belt!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What is that distraction on your dashboard?

My keyless FOB is attached to a carabiner along with a spare bulkhead door key and the brass car number tag. The new push button switch is located on the dash just above the shifter handle, I learned to kill the engine and pop the bulkhead door with my index finger when I shift into Park.