DIAD 5

qla3

Hi!

"back to back" commissioning didn't work :sad-very:. friend$#* "SHIPPING STATE" ...
A hammer maybe??? :knockedout:

I wait for DIAD 6500 ...

thx
Łukasz

qla3

fyi

mail from yesterday: "We do believe that this issue is related to unsufficiant IP ranges. Let's see what Ajmal comes up with."my SLIC 6543 S/N: 4MGJ4005 nad 4MGJ4033

maybe today guys from Germany :smart: do something with this.

In mail i can write more. Mail me, if you find some time.
([email protected])
Rgds
Łukasz

O

OLY Member

I just seen the new Diad V at my hub on in Los Angeles, they showed us four possible choices and we all can vote on them, for the most part they are smaller, sleek and so far not brown lol. (gray and black so far...) two of them have removed the shift key and the others still contain it looking very much like a giant blackberry. as far as new features im not too sure, just got to hold it, oh and two are touch screen...good or bad? they wont last a month if they are lol.

S

speeddemon

How bout a projectile that shoots out the front of the diad, into a dogs fir, and tazes his :censored2:!

upsgrunt

I just seen the new Diad V at my hub on in Los Angeles, they showed us four possible choices and we all can vote on them, for the most part they are smaller, sleek and so far not brown lol. (gray and black so far...) two of them have removed the shift key and the others still contain it looking very much like a giant blackberry. as far as new features im not too sure, just got to hold it, oh and two are touch screen...good or bad? they wont last a month if they are lol.

Any chance someone could get a picture or two of these for us to peruse?

mikestrek

Ok everybody,

By now most of the Package Drivers in the country are probably using DIAD 4. I'm sure by now, UPS is probably designing the next version, DIAD 5. As the people who actually will use this thing, what improvements (besides getting rid of the Shift Key?:hammer: ) would you like to see?
Don't have to turn the Diad upside down to sign. Also move the signature key so when customers sign there thumb wont keep pressing it and say "What happened, I can't sign. :happy-very:

old levi's

blank space
I've only has 2 people in the last 2 months push the sig key by accident
and thats on 6 different routes.

The Clip sucks, stick to the pouch, I tried using the clip, but
it is a waste of time trying to line it up every time... then it
won't come off when needed.

The Stylus location is rediculous, although I've trained most
customers where it is, and to put it back when done.(hate covering routes
where the driver hands people the stylus...)

Most of our drivers have put large 2 inch key rings on the stylus so they
are more easily removable by customers.(and visable)

The fact that the screen stays lit all day whenever its on, wastes the battery.
If there was either a solar sensor(simple solution) or programmed into
the board to recognize what time it was to turn on the light(a little more difficult)
would save battery life. A 9 hour day just about kills the battery...
can't wait till we get a 11-12 PEAK day..

The clip works fine. It's not hard to line up, but you do have to be smarter than what you're working on. The diad survey taken in January showed that the clip was far and away more popular with service providers.

If the pouch was all that was available, I still wouldn't use. I'm not going to wear a feed bag. We only have 2 drivers that use the pouch. One is an outside hire and the other is an idiot.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We were never given clips for the diads. We were given the new pouches but I don't like them. They are to stiff and feel uncomfortable. Some of our drivers still use the old soft cloth pouches. I won't use the pouch at all.

filiperuvian

20 yrs till retirment yay
diad 4 has blue tooth on one of the comm menus...i'd like to have a blue tooth scanner that can link up to the diad for my bulk stops...scanning 30+ boxes every day holding a 3 to 4 pound scanner is gonna give me carpel tunnel syndrome :P

Overpaid Union Thug

I use the clip. I hate not having one. I would hate it when I'd forget to put one on my belt in the morning so I ended up grabbing a bunch one day after work and now I have backups in my own vehicle and a couple of extras in a backpack that I sometimes bring to work.

jlphotog

1st off I apologize for bringing up this mold thread. It's just that tomorrow we are actually going to the DIAD 4.

Not only that we have split our ctr into two. I'm going to the new building. Not only are the building and DIAD new to me. I get a new PC and a new preloader all in the same day.

... it's gonna be so much fun. Just as peak is starting to get underway. oh joy...

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
good luck with the alpha numeric key. Hard to get used to. I would like a QWERTY myself. And no shift key. Make it just like a regular keyboard. Maybe not as large. Make the txt field larger. easier to turn on the backlighting. a scan laser like the one they use at the clerk station that can scan either the bar code or the weird target looking thing, that way it would almost eliminate the need to key enter packages. maybe a flashlight on the end? more for the darkness inside the bulkhead rather than effectiveness outside. the ability to im other drivers.

DS

Fenderbender
tomorrow we are actually going to the DIAD 4.
I get a new PC and a new preloader all in the same day.
... it's gonna be so much fun. Just as peak is starting to get underway. oh joy...

hey jlphotog,I'm in Toronto and we got them about 8 months ago,the toggle alpha numeric button is a bitch,the best advice I got here was to leave it on alpha all the time and if you do have to type a number hold the toggle button down and type the number and it will remain in alpha mode .
thx to former posters for that tip:)

BigBrownSanta

I'm glad someone revived this thread.

I would like to see a way to toggle the screen to a night view mode. It's probably too late to get it in the DIAD 5 though.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Inregards to the clip or the pouch I dont use either, it ammazes me that Im required to lift almost 70lbs by myself but Im not to be trusted with a 9 pound diad. We were told they were mandatory, I say what ever! In the new DIAD I want wet nap to come with it so I can de-louse the damn thing after every tom, dick, and harry who apparently arnt aware of how hygene is in the developed part of the world, get their slimy hands on it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Diad pouches are mandatory. Hmmmmmmm. Don't use one, never have. If I had my own rte what I would do with the diad pouch is hang it on my hand truck. Many of our hand trucks have the old hard pouches and the diad 5 doesn't fit, and just as many don't even have a pouch.

I agree with Sort, a qwerty keyboard would be great, and move the signature toggle, and make a better backlight.