Diad Glitch?

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
During peak i have noticed some very unusual things happen with my diad. I am not sure if this is a glitch or what.

I am a full time swing driver and help out many other drivers during the day. When I get to the driver, I make sure they scan all packages to be given to me. Load them then deliver ON TRACE!

However there are certain houses and areas that I am not allowed to dr release in. But the diad does not prompt me for sig or tell me no dr allowed. I have delivered to these houses when i was covering the drivers rt and the diad would prompt me.

Also 4 or 5 times I have had a package that had the alcoholic ups label clearly on the package (It was not monovie) And yet had no prompt for adult signature. I have even pressed the dr released button and it "would have" allowed me to deliver it with out the signature.

Is this a glitch that happens while tranferring edd between boards? I do not have this problem when I have edd uploaded on my diad in the morning?

InTheRed

did you have to "override" the address? If so, then it has no risk factors stored so it doesn't know you can't DR to the address.

AKCoverMan

I believe that if your DIAD does not have the streets for the area you are helping out in preprogrammed then the “NO DR ALLOWED” restriction is not in place either. You can tell this because after transferring EDD, when you scan the package it will populate the delivery screen then say “NO MATCH FOUND” for the street name. You hit the override button and move on.

I took stops off a driver on Christmas Eve in a different loop than the one I had been working in that day and this happened. The driver told me about one of the stops being a non-DRable stop in the DIAD, but for me it would DR just fine. (I got a signature anyway.)

On the alchohol I think it depends on if the shipper selected “Adult Signature Only” or just the “Alcoholic Beverage Do Not Deliver To Intoxicated Persons” tag which for some reason does not prompt the DIAD to require a signature. There was a wine shipper “Vinesse Warehouse” or something like that) that for a long time was not adding the “Adult Signature Required” to shipments and the DIAD would allow you to DR but in the last few months that problem seems to have gone away.

UPSGUY72

When was the last time you delivered to those stop. Things could have changed. I know last week I had 30 stops brought out to me and had to enter them manually into the diad and the no DR came up on my board fine.

Was it a DIAD 3 or 4 ? That could have been it. Or it might have been that the board you had is nomally used for other routes away from the route you were doing so it didn't have the information in the DIAD.

gded

u need not to worry about whats inside the package. If the barcode reads sig required, than get one, if not dr away We are paid to deliver

AKCoverMan

u need not to worry about whats inside the package. If the barcode reads sig required, than get one, if not dr away We are paid to deliver

Sure we as indivdual drivers have an out if the DIAD does not promt for a an Adult Sig. But if the shipment obviously says its alcohol and we DR it... and the Wine Club customer's rebel teenage kid gets home first and finds it and says "SCORE!", gets hammered and goes out in his car with his wet-behind-the-ears new drivers license and kills someone.. well the lawyer's are gonna be busy! :greedy:

So if I can tell it's booze I will get an adult signature. If I can't I sheet as No Adult and write "Adult Sig Required" in big letters right under the bar code in case I am not the next driver. Then I report it to management.

Evidently it helps becuase after about ten such reports I noticed the one big wine shipper who would not put Adult Sig Required changed their ways.

The send-agains are a pain in the ass. But we are getting a ton of business and my guess is that the bean counters are making sure we are making money on this business. Adult Sig Required is an extra charge item.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sometimes people reuse boxes and don't tear off the old signature required stickers. I wouldn't worry about what you don't know. If you know of a non dr address, don't DR.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I did have to hit the override key on the address. So mabe that is why the diad didnt recogonize it? How would you "tag" it in the diad?

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to suggest I'd leave wine without a sig. Wouldn't do that, though I have agreements with certain few customers about what to do when they are not home. What I meant was, sometimes people reuse old liquor or computer boxes for shipping.
Steve, I understand what your saying. But when you hear the bottles squeaking on the styrofoam, it's a telltale sign of what you are delivering, and why take that chance? (I know you said you would'nt). I know that if I left some wine at a house, and some kids got into it, I would feel horrible. Like I said...CMA

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sure we as indivdual drivers have an out if the DIAD does not promt for a an Adult Sig. But if the shipment obviously says its alcohol and we DR it... and the Wine Club customer's rebel teenage kid gets home first and finds it and says "SCORE!", gets hammered and goes out in his car with his wet-behind-the-ears new drivers license and kills someone.. well the lawyer's are gonna be busy! :greedy:

So if I can tell it's booze I will get an adult signature. If I can't I sheet as No Adult and write "Adult Sig Required" in big letters right under the bar code in case I am not the next driver. Then I report it to management.

Evidently it helps becuase after about ten such reports I noticed the one big wine shipper who would not put Adult Sig Required changed their ways.

The send-agains are a pain in the ass. But we are getting a ton of business and my guess is that the bean counters are making sure we are making money on this business. Adult Sig Required is an extra charge item.

If the rebel teenage kid is gonna say score when the package is outside in a box, then he's gonna say score when it's inside on the wine shelf

NO DIFFERENCE

EITHER WAY, DON'T OVERTHINK, DO WHAT THE DIAD TELLS YOU TO DO AND YOU WAKE UP TO PUT THE BROWNS ON AGAIN. GUARANTEED

P.S. - I reported it to the center manager last peak, and all I got was the blank stare of NOTMYPROBLEM.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did have to hit the override key on the address. So mabe that is why the diad didnt recogonize it? How would you "tag" it in the diad?
CYA! I wouldn't worry about tagging it in the diad if it is just a UPS requirement for a sig. If it is alcohol I would tag it in the diad as adult sig req. Also, even if you overrode the street the service req would still come as up as adult sig req. if the shipper shipped it that way.

If you know it needs to be signed for (UPS required) then info the door if they aren't home and sheet it NI

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve, I understand what your saying. But when you hear the bottles squeaking on the styrofoam, it's a telltale sign of what you are delivering, and why take that chance? (I know you said you would'nt). I know that if I left some wine at a house, and some kids got into it, I would feel horrible. Like I said...CMA

True.

If the rebel teenage kid is gonna say score when the package is outside in a box, then he's gonna say score when it's inside on the wine shelf

NO DIFFERENCE

EITHER WAY, DON'T OVERTHINK, DO WHAT THE DIAD TELLS YOU TO DO AND YOU WAKE UP TO PUT THE BROWNS ON AGAIN. GUARANTEED

P.S. - I reported it to the center manager last peak, and all I got was the blank stare of NOTMYPROBLEM.

True

CYA! I wouldn't worry about tagging it in the diad if it is just a UPS requirement for a sig. If it is alcohol I would tag it in the diad as adult sig req.

If you know it needs to be signed for then info the door if they aren't home and sheet it NI

What a pretty eye you have there, dilli.:wink2: