DIAD GPS

govols019

You smell that?
There was nothing really wrong with the old way of assigning OCAs. As long as you had an OMS that was halfway competent there were very few problems. Using OCA to justify GPS is a load of crap.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I saw the ODSe tonite. That is pretty amazing. We were told this morning that it was just implemented.

I saw ODSe this past week as my Center went live on it. It looks pretty cool, although the graphics look outdated. It assigns a different color (I'm Blue!) to each driver and follows them around their Route. OMSe tells the Center exactly how many stops you have off and how many stops EDD says you have left, so a Call In really should be just your ETA. It draws a straight line on the map from stop to stop. It does show where the driver is although there is a several minute delay in the DIAD transmissions. The afternoon OMSs love it, they can dispatch the nearest driver to get OCAs.

barnyard

KTM rider
I saw the screen on one of our computers last night. We do not have PAS, so all it shows is the number of stops delivered and where they were delivered.

It's too bad it is not accurate enough to show the difference between alley and street deliveries....

TB

Brownie01

How well does the GPS really work though? Plenty of times I'm sheeting a stop where I know I'm in the right place and the alert tone goes off telling me that I'm not in the right place...
That has happened to be this pass Sat. when I was sitting in front of the business and it went off saying I was not in the right place......:peaceful:

pkgdog

That has happened to be this pass Sat. when I was sitting in front of the business and it went off saying I was not in the right place......:peaceful:
after a few days of delivering a pkg in an alt location, the system will adjust itself and you will no longer be alerted.

austin

In upstate Ny what ever time you enter into your diad gets taken out for lunch. Ny state law is a half hour. Our contract is 45 minutes. I had to get a DOT physical on area last year and I entered 90 minutes for lunch and it took out 90 minutes without me telling my supervisor a thing. I know some of the non trouble making drivers only put in 10 minutes so they can go home early. I take 45 and love every last bite before the end of my 5th and I love every last bite !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In upstate Ny what ever time you enter into your diad gets taken out for lunch. Ny state law is a half hour. Our contract is 45 minutes. I had to get a DOT physical on area last year and I entered 90 minutes for lunch and it took out 90 minutes without me telling my supervisor a thing. I know some of the non trouble making drivers only put in 10 minutes so they can go home early. I take 45 and love every last bite before the end of my 5th and I love every last bite !

We are required to put in 45 minutes unless we get permission to go Code 5 for the day if we have something going on that we have to get done early for.