DIAD IV help

Hello,
I was just hired as a driver helper this week and need help using the diad iv. Whenever I scan a barcode it takes me to a page where I have to manually enter the street name and number. The info does not automatically show up when I scan and it won't let me advance until I input the info. This takes too much time when delivering packages.

My driver scans it and he's good to go, no need to input anything. I believe he is using the diad v What am I doing wrong?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Hello,
I was just hired as a driver helper this week and need help using the diad iv. Whenever I scan a barcode it takes me to a page where I have to manually enter the street name and number. The info does not automatically show up when I scan and it won't let me advance until I input the info. This takes too much time when delivering packages.

My driver scans it and he's good to go, no need to input anything. I believe he is using the diad v What am I doing wrong?
Tell your driver to download EDD in the helper board before he leaves the building in the morning.

S

selfcancelsignal

Shocked & happy as friend--- that our helpers will be using the 5 this peak. Thank friend---in' God!

barnyard

KTM rider
Helper boards do not get updates for packages that did not get loaded when EDD was downloaded, so tell your driver to download EDD into 'your' board last thing. That way you get the most up to date info.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm surprised any buildings are still pushing the old iv crap on anyone (helpers).

Supply and demand issues.

My last peak we had IV's for the helpers. That crimped my style because I couldn't scan and complete a lot of stops ahead in the helper board like I could with the III.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He's doing it all wrong. He needs to sheet the first 40 of the day in your board then toss it on the 2000 shelf for the rest of the day. Driver needs to be in the truck with the heater running, you just need to be running. Also, make sure you bring him lunch next week, it's tough setting up packages in order while you skitter across the street like a dragonfly.

I kid of course, sorta.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I just wish I could get a helper that can use the board. The helper I have had for the last two years could text his thumbs off but couldn't figure out how to clarify a signature.

S

selfcancelsignal

Our Peak DIAD rack is full of 5's but our pkg cars are set up for the 5 for the driver and the 4 for the helper.
I put extra info. notices in the 4 slot, & rarely use the 5 slot. If my DIAD is not in my holster, it's in the cup holder.