DIAD IV help

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HelperNeedHelpin, Nov 12, 2014.

1. HelperNeedHelpin

HelperNeedHelpin New Member

Hello,
    I was just hired as a driver helper this week and need help using the diad iv. Whenever I scan a barcode it takes me to a page where I have to manually enter the street name and number. The info does not automatically show up when I scan and it won't let me advance until I input the info. This takes too much time when delivering packages.

My driver scans it and he's good to go, no need to input anything. I believe he is using the diad v What am I doing wrong?

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Tell your driver to download EDD in the helper board before he leaves the building in the morning.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Maybe switch drivers since the one your jumping with aint got the faintest idea lol.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Maybe your driver has about two more days experience than you do?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. BigDaddyO8a

BigDaddyO8a Member

Download the edd

6. Shocked & happy as f--- that our helpers will be using the 5 this peak. Thank f---in' God!

7. jim_flint

jim_flint Member

You mean you don't like explaining the shift key and the f keys and the completely random button mashing to get the backlight to turn on?

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Our Peak DIAD rack is full of 5's but our pkg cars are set up for the 5 for the driver and the 4 for the helper.

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

And your point is?

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Where is the helper supposed to put their DIAD?

11. cosmo1

Belt clip, holster?

Up his/her bu...........?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Helper boards do not get updates for packages that did not get loaded when EDD was downloaded, so tell your driver to download EDD into 'your' board last thing. That way you get the most up to date info.

13. BrownChoice

BrownChoice Active Member

If your driver didnt train you on it, he/she are getting what they deserve... Much like managements training, or lack thereof.....

14. 13zipcodes

13zipcodes Member

Scan the 2d barcode... oh wait you don't have one.

15. laffter

laffter Active Member

I, personally, posses both the iv plastic clip and the v holster.

I pretty much used a v for all of last peak. I'm surprised any buildings are still pushing the old iv crap on anyone (helpers).

16. cosmo1

Supply and demand issues.

My last peak we had IV's for the helpers. That crimped my style because I couldn't scan and complete a lot of stops ahead in the helper board like I could with the III.

17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

He's doing it all wrong. He needs to sheet the first 40 of the day in your board then toss it on the 2000 shelf for the rest of the day. Driver needs to be in the truck with the heater running, you just need to be running. Also, make sure you bring him lunch next week, it's tough setting up packages in order while you skitter across the street like a dragonfly.

I kid of course, sorta.

18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

I just wish I could get a helper that can use the board. The helper I have had for the last two years could text his thumbs off but couldn't figure out how to clarify a signature.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I know when I have DIAD problems, I run to this board too. (fred berry)

20. I put extra info. notices in the 4 slot, & rarely use the 5 slot. If my DIAD is not in my holster, it's in the cup holder.